Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I remember times when graphics didn't really matter and 30FPS was solid when someone mentioned PC in console discussions.
    I remember times when you just got a console and had fun and didn't get your panties in a fucking bunch over stupid little shit like a lot of people in this thread are, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No you and others need to remember Nintendo is marketing this as there home console hybrid and promising AAA support. That puts it in direct compatition with PS4/Xb1. It's cool as hell it's coming to the switch, doesn't change the massive difference it has compared to PS4/Xb1. Why would someone buy it if they got a current gen system or PC?

I don't give a dam if Nintendo or their fanboys (not saying you are one) like it or not. But the switch is direct compatition for PS4/Xb1.
    I feel you would have to be cherrypicking to ignore all the third party support the Switch has gotten/getting

Xenoverse 2
    Lego Marvel Superheroes 2
    Lego ninjago
    Fate/Extella
    Mario+Rabbids
    Steep
    Starlink
    Bomberman
    Street Fighter 2: Cash grab edition
    Rayman
    Lego City
    Brawlout
    NBA
    FIFA
    WWE
    Doom
    Wolfenstein
    Skyrim
    Battlechasers
    Minecraft
    Resident Evil
    Lego Worlds

And Indies like Hollow Knight, Stardew Valley, Steamworld Dig 2, Runner 3, etc.

Of course it may not be what a lot of people wanted (CoD, Battlefield, Overwatch, major open world 3rd party games, KH3) but third party support has been improving a lot and already is far better than it was a few months ago.

Yeah, the Switch is in competition with the PS4 and Xbone, but not as much as they are in competition with each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    And I could already do that on my vita using remote play at 60 fps.

- - - Updated - - -

If portability is a factor then everyone would have bought a Vita with their PS4.

Like Nintendo's poll showed most people game at home. It's very rare for anyone to carry a portable console around outside of Asia. Even the 3DS which isn't a bomb sales wise is rare as fuck to see out in the wild unless you're at a huge nerd con or something. You don't randomly see kids carrying around systems anymore like back in the 90s/early 00s.

People already have to carry around their phones and in some cases even tablets and laptops it's very rare they're going to want to carry around a console as well. I know my Vita/3DS/Switch only go with me on flights and that's it. Other then that they have never left the home(Switch has never left the home yet period).

It seems you're trying to argue that's not his point while missing the point I'm making entirely.
    I'm not arguing with you, I am clarifying what he meant.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I'm not arguing with you, I am clarifying what he meant.
    You didn't clarify anything. You said exactly what I thought he meant, and don't even understand my counter to that.

Way to dodge the discussion though. Everybody always wants to bring up "it's portable zomg!", when Sony gave options for AAA quality portable gaming with the Vita and later with remote play nobody gave a shit. When Nvidia did the same with the shield nobody still didn't give a shit. The Switch is doing it and guess what, nobody still doesn't give a shit.(nintendo's own poll of 80% of Switch owners only play at home proves this)

The Switch is for Nintendo games, Japanese 3rd party games and smaller eshop titles. Any AAA left overs it gets thrown it's way by western 3rd parties will just be shit tier in quality and not worth bothering with.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-09-21 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    --snip--
    So much wrong in this post so ill make a list.

1) Once again what is the drive to buying this game for The Switch? Yes there is a such thing as unfriendly portable games.

2) Yes it does look SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much worse compared to the PS4/XB1. Those are 1080p/60fps equal to high settings of the PC version. This is sub 720 at 30fps looking to be near low settings. From what we have seen so far it looks blurry as hell.

3) Don't assume what someones biggest concern for anything is. If someone own's a PS4/XB1 or a half decent PC there is no reason to buy this. If it had a achievement system or the online was built in that would be one thing. Hell if it has Lan Play that would be something. But the Online requires a SD card, The game is going to run super sub 720 and it plays at 30fps. Like even the digital foundry posted aiming with the Joy-Cons is a pain.

Do I think its cool that its on the Switch? Yep I do. But I see no reason to buy this for The Switch, Portability can't be the only selling point for a game that is going to cost $60. Also to add this reflects back to Wolfenstein 2 as well. Doom is much less demanding and this is the performance/graphic's it will have. I can only imagine the cutbacks Wolfenstein 2 will need.

Portability CAN NOT be the only reason to buy something on the switch. If that is the selling point then a lot of games will sell like shit. Even more so AAA games that is on other platforms (IE The competition's)

I will admit all of this is up in the air until its in our hands, But in my opinion it isn't looking good.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You didn't clarify anything. You said exactly what I thought he meant, and don't even understand my counter to that.

Way to dodge the discussion though. Everybody always wants to bring up "it's portable zomg!", when Sony gave options for AAA quality portable gaming with the Vita and later with remote play nobody gave a shit. When Nvidia did the same with the shield nobody still didn't give a shit. The Switch is doing it and guess what, nobody still doesn't give a shit.(nintendo's own poll of 80% of Switch owners only play at home proves this)

The Switch is for Nintendo games, Japanese 3rd party games and smaller eshop titles. Any AAA left overs it gets thrown it's way by western 3rd parties will just be shit tier in quality and not worth bothering with.
    What you said doesn't make sense then, you were like "oh well x system can go into sleep while game is still running to, do you really think Nintendo made that" which isn't what he was going for

Sure, I am dodging the discussion because frankly its not one I care enough about. But sure, keep being difficult.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I remember times when graphics didn't really matter and 30FPS was solid when someone mentioned PC in console discussions.
    I remember when a vast majority of console games ran at 60fps....

- - - Updated - - -

By time you factor in a carrying case for the Switch's fragile as fuck screen, an extended battery to get more then 2.5 hours out of the damn thing and an MSD card to fit all your games on it so it truly is portable is there even a price difference? Keeping in mind a Vita+PS4 would only run you $410 or less.
    Depending how you do it you can.

1) Get a PS4 for around $250

2) Get a Vita for around $100.

So not even $400.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel you would have to be cherrypicking to ignore all the third party support the Switch has gotten/getting

And Indies like Hollow Knight, Stardew Valley, Steamworld Dig 2, Runner 3, etc.

Of course it may not be what a lot of people wanted (CoD, Battlefield, Overwatch, major open world 3rd party games, KH3) but third party support has been improving a lot and already is far better than it was a few months ago.

Yeah, the Switch is in competition with the PS4 and Xbone, but not as much as they are in competition with each other.
    Oh I'm not cherry picking I think its great The Switch is getting 3rd party support. I don't care if its older games or newer ones, A system can't live on first party sells alone.

But like I said early'er The Switch is a direct competitor to the PS4/XB1. There is no middle ground to this and it doesn't matter what Nintendo or there fanboy's (Not saying you are one) think about that. If the system is getting the same games as another system the two will be compared.

Portability CAN NOT be the only selling point, Even more so in the US where it being a home console (like Nintendo has marketed it as) will be the most common use of it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

What you said doesn't make sense then, you were like "oh well x system can go into sleep while game is still running to, do you really think Nintendo made that" which isn't what he was going for
    I guess you missed the part where the Vita does it and the Vita can play every game you have installed on your home PS4.

Sorry I had to break it down for you, I figured you would pick up after the point flew over your head once already.

Anyways this is getting kind of console warish so I'm out.

Short story, I don't care about welfare western 3rd party ports on my Switch. Not a reason I bought the system and not something I will ever buy on the system.

Yes there is a such thing as unfriendly portable games. .
    no there isnt. you can pause it at any moment and pick it up later, there is NO GAME that you cant play for 10 or so minutes and then turn off and then do so again aside from a very small handful of multiplayer games with matches longer than that
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

no there isnt. you can pause it at any moment and pick it up later, [B]there is NO GAME that you cant play for 10 or so minutes[b] and then turn off and then do so again aside from a very small handful of multiplayer games with matches longer than that
    So you say the top and then prove yourself wrong with the bottom....Priceless.

So you say the top and then prove yourself wrong with the bottom....Priceless.
    please name a modern multiplayer game with matches longer than 15 minutes?

- - - Updated - - -

only one i can think of is civ but that has singleplayer
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Depending on the game mode, Battlefield 1.

And I feel like the Frontier Defense mode in Titanfall 2 takes around that long, maybe a bit less at lower difficulties.

- - - Updated - - -

Every sports game ever?

- - - Updated - - -

Well I had a reply but Edge- and Tech beat me to it LOL.

Every sports game ever?
    ive never played a sports game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Depending on the game mode, Battlefield 1.

And I feel like the Frontier Defense mode in Titanfall 2 takes around that long, maybe a bit less at lower difficulties.
    if its only some modes you can still play those games

also as for sports games, they have singleplayer as well so they dont count, im talking multiplayer only games like overwatch

- - - Updated - - -

Well I had a reply but Edge- and Tech beat me to it LOL.
    no they didnt

For someone like me, no. If you're going to put qualifiers on your posts, I'll add some to mine.

I don't play the other multiplayer modes in BF1 or Titanfall 2, I really only play Conquest (BF1) Frontier Defense (TF2), so both would remain unplayable with the arbitrary 10 minute limit.

- - - Updated - - -

F1 2017, WoW, FF14, Starcraft 2, Overwatch if the match goes on, League of Legends, Dota 2, Fifa, Battlefield, Smite and nearly every sports game in existence.

- - - Updated - - -

ive never played a sports game

- - - Updated - - -

also as for sports games, they have singleplayer as well so they dont count, im talking multiplayer only games like overwatch

- - - Updated - - -

no they didnt
    Uh no. If a game has multiplayer it fucking counts. Don't backpeddle your argument because you were proven wrong. You know damn well there are single player games where the multiplayer part is more focused. Fifa is a prime example of a sports game and even F1 is doing it now with their move into esports.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-21 at 11:54 PM.

no they didnt
    Yes they did you just don't like the answer given. Hell you can set each quarter of a match in a NFL game to 2mins and it will still run you longer then 15min's. Hell FIFA match's also run longer then 15mins.

You are proven wrong and once again not every game is portable friendly. As proven by me Edge and Tech.

You don't get to move goal posts to try to be right sorry.

Yes they did you just don't like the answer given. Hell you can set each quarter of a match in a NFL game to 2mins and it will still run you longer then 15min's. Hell FIFA match's also run longer then 15mins.

You are proven wrong and once again not every game is portable friendly. As proven by me Edge and Tech.

You don't get to move goal posts to try to be right sorry.
    those arent multiplayer games, those are games with multiplayer.

overwatch, lol, hots, tf2, ect those are multiplayer games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    For someone like me, no. If you're going to put qualifiers on your posts, I'll add some to mine.

I don't play the other multiplayer modes in BF1 or Titanfall 2, I really only play Conquest (BF1) Frontier Defense (TF2), so both would remain unplayable with the arbitrary 10 minute limit.
    if those are the only modes you like to play thats your personal preference but that doesnt make the game unplayable

those arent multiplayer games, those are games with multiplayer.

overwatch, lol, hots, tf2, ect those are multiplayer games.
    Again it has multiplayer. Fifa is one of those games that is known for focusing on that aspect alongside it's singleplayer mode.

Multiplayer is multiplayer. You can't suddenly say it isn't just because it's also has single player options.

So again all the games I listed have matches/races/events that can go on for more than 15 minutes in multiplayer. Some are multiplayer exclusive and some are not. You don't get to pretend you meant multiplayer only just because you stated it after your initial argument.