Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Find that hard to believe if the Wii U could.
    Okay, Switch can't run Frostbite 3, which is the current version. (It didn't run on Wii U either.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That was a much older version of Frost Bite. The Switch can NOT run current version and that is why Fifa 18 for The Switch isn't running it.

Your comparing unreal 1 to unreal 4.
    I'm pretty sure in past interviews they stated rather than try to that they would just go another route.

So something tells me that if they tweaked it then it would have done.

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/gaming...switch-review/

There we go. They admit the Switch can handle it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-03 at 06:13 PM.

I'm pretty sure in past interviews they stated rather than try to that they would just go another route.

So something tells me that if they tweaked it then it would have done.
    If you could pull up said interview that would be great.

As it stands it can't run Frost Bite 3, That is why Fifa 18 for The Switch is the last gen version. Hell DOOM is on a much less demanding engine and look how much it was scaled back to run on the Switch.

Since Fifa 18 sold so poorly, its likely something we don't have to worry about. Since now its likely EA will not be supporting The Switch.

The Switch is a cool system but its weak as fuck. It got a last gen port and not a current gen downscale, There is a reason for that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

That isn't a excuse, There is more then enough Switch's in the wild. There is likely over 8million unit's in the wild now. Fifa on the Switch selling less then 1% of total Fifa sells is a joke.

It will also likely decide how much EA supports The Switch.
    You also have to remember these numbers were for the UK and physical only.

The numbers will change for WW.

But we probably won't get any accurate numbers until EA's Q3 2017 fiscal earnings report.

If you could pull up said interview that would be great.

As it stands it can't run Frost Bite 3, That is why Fifa 18 for The Switch is the last gen version. Hell DOOM is on a much less demanding engine and look how much it was scaled back to run on the Switch.

Since Fifa 18 sold so poorly, its likely something we don't have to worry about. Since now its likely EA will not be supporting The Switch.

The Switch is a cool system but its weak as fuck. It got a last gen port and not a current gen downscale, There is a reason for that.
    Found it above mate. They said it can.

While EA confirmed the Switch can handle Frostbite, the company opted to build a unique engine because it would have to be heavily downgraded, resulting in a ‘sh***y second rate game’.

Irony is it's already that because it's downgraded with missing features.

https://gamerant.com/fifa-18-switch-frostbite-engine/

FIFA 18 Switch is a custom engine.

- - - Updated - - -

And I got beat, but I actually have a link!

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://gamerant.com/fifa-18-switch-frostbite-engine/

FIFA 18 Switch is a custom engine.

- - - Updated - - -

And I got beat, but I actually have a link!
    Uhm I'd advise you read a couple of posts above. I provided a link.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-03 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    You also have to remember these numbers were for the UK and physical only.

The numbers will change for WW.

But we probably won't get any accurate numbers until EA's Q3 2017 fiscal earnings report.
    1) It being so low in Physical sells for The Switch matters a great deal even if its just the UK report. The system has super small storage, Its highly likely it will sell much better Physical then Digital.

2) Fifa sells better outside the US and sells extremely well in the UK. If the sells are lacking in the UK they are likely lacking everywhere else as well.

3) True.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Uhm I'd advise you read a couple of posts above. I provided a link.
    Oops. My bad.

Found it above mate. They said it can.

While EA confirmed the Switch can handle Frostbite, the company opted to build a unique engine because it would have to be heavily downgraded, resulting in a ‘sh***y second rate game’.

Irony is it's already that because it's downgraded with missing features.
    Yes meaning it would be much worse then the current version we got and this is a sports game that isn't demanding. Try to put something like Battlefield 1 or Battlefrount 2 on there and it will melt.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...intendo-switch
    Frostbite, the engine adopted for the first time by FIFA 17, is what powers just about all of the main series' big updates this year - the Journey follow-up, the new 'cinematic' Career Mode transfers, the special animation system that Wes mentioned when he first tried the game, and even the more detailed stadia and crowds - and we've already established it's missing from FIFA on Switch. Instead, the Switch version has its own engine built from the ground up - "the hardware is very difficult," Lăzărescu says, and it means a future mode exactly like the Journey is "unlikely." Likewise those new additions I mentioned "would take an army of people, if it was possible, to be done."
    So if 'foundation' is Lăzărescu's favourite word when talking about FIFA Switch ("to set a foundation base for the game" was also an internal goal, he reminds me), then 'compromise' is probably mine. It needn't be a negative thing. FIFA on Switch will, if it sells well enough, forge its own path. Those 'foundations' are versatile, after all - "I don't think it's impossible to do more with this engine." It's just a case of how you like to play.
    Safe to say it didn't sell well enough.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-10-03 at 06:27 PM.

Yes meaning it would be much worse then the current version we got and this is a sports game that isn't demanding. Try to put something like Battlefield 1 or Battlefront 2 on there and it will melt.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...intendo-switch
    But the irony is the port is already a worse one than it's counterparts.

Refuse to believe Frostbite would have made much difference in a football game personally.

Considering it's EA I just think they can't be arsed partly. Can't blame them for a system they may not support in the future.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-03 at 06:28 PM.

But the irony is the port is already a worse one than it's counterparts.

Refuse to believe Frostbite would have made much difference in a football game personally.

Considering it's EA I just think they can't be arsed partly. Can't blame them for a system they may not support in the future.
    Its worse then its counterpart's that is true. But it would be worse then it currently is if they tried to port the current gen versions to it.

You are correct I also think part of it is that EA can't be asked. Its safe to say from this point onward The Switch is going to get little to no support from EA and to be honest that isn't much of a loss.

If it gets Ubisoft/Activision and other 3rd party support its fine. The Switch can live just fine without EA support.

That isn't a excuse, There is more then enough Switch's in the wild. There is likely over 8million unit's in the wild now. Fifa on the Switch selling less then 1% of total Fifa sells is a joke.

It will also likely decide how much EA supports The Switch.
    Honestly Fifa is basically the english version of a 'wiggers' game of choice. They buy their playstations "just for da fee-fa innut blud?" and are the sort of people that would consider anything nintendo "for gay little bum boys innit?" and the expectation for the crowds to cross would be the same as expecting the final fantasy crowd in the east to drop their playstation for an xbox just because it has blue dragon and we all saw how that went down last gen. There was never ever going to be a huge sale in fifa games on nintendo hardware in england. Their primary audience in the uk is the 19-30 weed smoking welfare baby. They would not touch a nintendo with a 40 foot pole for fear of their "boys" catching sight of it. I live in the midlands and grew up around them. Fifa is videogames for them like other people just play WoW.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2017-10-03 at 06:43 PM.

so in other news

https://twitter.com/AnAntTM/status/915227187762028545

$80 game and they couldn't even bother to make rocks
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like the edit where someone put the shutterstock logo on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, its literally a picture of rocks...

I liked the Rock edit, with the Rock, not the rocks, the Rock. He rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    so in other news

https://twitter.com/AnAntTM/status/915227187762028545

$80 game and they couldn't even bother to make rocks
    Wait what game is that?

Wait what game is that?
    Fire Emblem Warriors spinoff game, looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fire Emblem Warriors spinoff game, looks like.
    That is what I thought, Is that image photo shopped? God I hope so otherwise that is lazy as fuck.

That is what I thought, Is that image photo shopped? God I hope so otherwise that is lazy as fuck.
    No, it's not. That is typical of the shovel ware the warriors team puts out. Literally laughing at anyone buying that shit. Nintendo really needs to stop whoring out their IPs to them, it's not a good look.