10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't find many Nintendo games all that great. 3D world was fairly boring. I found Galaxy 2 to be rather eh compared to 1 (as 2 is essentially the same thing), I liked BOTW because OOT, SS, WW, and TP are basically the same game and are sllllooooooooowwwwwww and padded, especially SS and WW. I mean how many times do I have to talk to the dragons to prove I am the hero just one more time in SS... and its a good thing the HD remaster of WW fixed the whole issue with the tri force shards. BTW did you know that TP LINK IS A FARMER D: D: D: D: D:.Kart is fun and Smash is great, but we just got a rerelease of a game I already played a few dozen hours of and no news of a new Smash.

Nintendo is the king of nostalgia, but nostalgia has a weakness. For nostalgia to really work, a game needs to surpass it. I think Axiom Verge is better than 2d metroids. Axiom Verge surpassed my nostalgia of the 2d Metroids I loved.

I played a lil A hat in time and that game looks promising. Especially since it has a lot of Mario in it.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-10-13 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mageling View Post
    So you're able to do in an hour or less what the fastest 100% speedrun did in is it 33hours or so?
    The most speedruns are just under 40 minutes, with a half of that time being the prologue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The most speedruns are just under 40 minutes, with a half of that time being the prologue.
    OoT speedrun is like 17? 18? minutes game is clearly twice as bad as botw. /s

Just got a switch on Tuesday (finally). Bought Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8. Both games are fantastic! Hoping to clear out the 100cc this weekend, and get further into BotW.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any% is under 40mins
    100% is 33h41mins

https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Speedrun_Records
    https://www.speedrun.com/botw#Any
    https://www.speedrun.com/botw#100

A casual player just completing the easy to find quests, shrines, korok seeds and dappling at various other activities like photography etc will easily take 40hours for first playthrough.

https://dotesports.com/general/zelda...speedrun-15050

Still, best gametime for money in ages I've encountered was Persona 5 with 44euros and got 93hours of gameplay out of it before finishing the first playthrough.
    Last edited by mageling; 2017-10-13 at 07:38 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Just got a switch on Tuesday (finally). Bought Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8. Both games are fantastic! Hoping to clear out the 100cc this weekend, and get further into BotW.
    Congratulations on your Switch! I hope you enjoy the heck out of it. Personally, I haven't been this happy with a console purchase since I was a little kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    OoT speedrun is like 17? 18? minutes game is clearly twice as bad as botw. /s
    Impossible without cheating.

Impossible without cheating.
    it's just a wrong warp, well known for years now it's called any % category.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some people think that using any glitch is automatically cheating, and although it's fine for speedrunning, it was never the way the game was intended to be beaten.

Personally, I think that getting the option to fight Ganon earlier in BotW if you want is a plus, even if it shortens the timer for the "intended" path to completion time for those that do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont care about exploits unlesss its multiplayer.

http://nintendoeverything.com/wwe-2k...ternal-memory/

The Digital version of WWE 2K18 requires at least a 32 GBs of space alongside 1 GB of internal memory to download.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detai...intendo-switch

Ubisoft's Switch exclusive Monopoly game launching on Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by mageling View Post
    Any% is under 40mins
    100% is 33h41mins

https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Speedrun_Records
    https://www.speedrun.com/botw#Any
    https://www.speedrun.com/botw#100

A casual player just completing the easy to find quests, shrines, korok seeds and dappling at various other activities like photography etc will easily take 40hours for first playthrough.
    I'm 60 hours in and I have 79 Shrines and the Guardians. Did EXplore Hyrule Castle but didn't fight Ganon yet. X out of Y sidequests done.

So yeah, plenty longer than 40 for casual playthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://nintendoeverything.com/wwe-2k...ternal-memory/

The Digital version of WWE 2K18 requires at least a 32 GBs of space alongside 1 GB of internal memory to download.
    So another game requiring a SD card.....

I am shocked I tell you shocked.....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So another game requiring a SD card.....

I am shocked I tell you shocked.....
    all those micro transactions taking up space
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    all those micro transactions taking up space
    WWE 2K18 doesn't have MT's at this time.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Their quarterly report is in 2 weeks right?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    October 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Honestly i'm more interested in their 3DS comments than the Switch stuff. if the Switch is selling better than the xbone i think thats a satisfying product to please shareholders but some must be worrying about 3DS drop off. being the second best selling console ever there must have been some level of saturation over time and with the hardware basically going on atlus life support after pokemons rerelease i wonder if they will say anything about plans for 2018. Or is the new layton, metroid and pokemon Nintendos last productions for it before it gets legacy hardware status?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Honestly i'm more interested in their 3DS comments than the Switch stuff. if the Switch is selling better than the xbone i think thats a satisfying product to please shareholders but some must be worrying about 3DS drop off. being the second best selling console ever there must have been some level of saturation over time and with the hardware basically going on atlus life support after pokemons rerelease i wonder if they will say anything about plans for 2018. Or is the new layton, metroid and pokemon Nintendos last productions for it before it gets legacy hardware status?
    3ds isnt the 2nd best selling console, the ds was.

As of March 31, 2016, all Nintendo DS models combined have sold 154.02 million units, making it the best selling handheld game console to date, and the second best selling video game console of all time.

the Nintendo 3DS family has also been successful, with over 58 million units shipped as of late March 2016

the ds already sold 3 times as much as the 3ds line did. so the drop off already happened
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    3ds isnt the 2nd best selling console, the ds was.

As of March 31, 2016, all Nintendo DS models combined have sold 154.02 million units, making it the best selling handheld game console to date, and the second best selling video game console of all time.

the Nintendo 3DS family has also been successful, with over 58 million units shipped as of late March 2016

the ds already sold 3 times as much as the 3ds line did. so the drop off already happened
    lol yea not sure what he was talking about with that comment. 3DS isn't even a top 2 selling handheld. GB, GBA, PSP and DS all sold more. 5th best selling handheld must be good enough for 2nd best selling console of all time these days.

Switch is selling faster then the 3DS/Wii U did combined. 3DS sales eventually picked up, but so should Switch sales if they maintain momentum and get a price drop by next holiday. I doubt share holders are worried about the 3DS which Nintendo shares are ridiculously high right now.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-10-14 at 05:13 PM.