Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    "There will be no updates on the thing you actually care about" Say no more.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    "There will be no updates on the thing you actually care about" Say no more.
    There is an update. Animal crossing will never be on anything but mobile ever again. That camp site app has almost as much put into it as An actual animal crossing game except now it takes time to build furniture but throw some cash and it'll be done immediately

Fuck off Nintendo
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The mobile Animal Crossing Game looks like a lighter version of New Leaf with camping as the motif. Late November release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    There is an update. Animal crossing will never be on anything but mobile ever again. That camp site app has almost as much put into it as An actual animal crossing game except now it takes time to build furniture but throw some cash and it'll be done immediately

Fuck off Nintendo
    It always took time to build new things or have Cyrus craft new furniture/customize stuff. A public works project always took how many days you could scrap up the bells plus one. Other building projects usually took a day to complete. Most Cyrus projects took less than an hour.

But I think there will be a more fleshed out and prettier version on the Switch. This does make me think it won't be until 2019 at the earliest.

The mobile Animal Crossing Game looks like a lighter version of New Leaf with camping as the motif. Late November release.

- - - Updated - - -

It always took time to build new things or have Cyrus craft new furniture/customize stuff. A public works project always took how many days you could scrap up the bells plus one. Other building projects usually took a day to complete. Most Cyrus projects took less than an hour.

But I think there will be a more fleshed out and prettier version on the Switch. This does make me think it won't be until 2019 at the earliest.
    Cyrus before was only used to craft very specific customizations. Not EVERYTHING and public works projects took a day not 72 hours. Earning bells is a joke it didn't take long

This is a standard animal crossing game except everything takes 3x longer so you spend money. Switch animal crossing will never happen

Fuck off Nintendo
    Nah, that game is basically reusing all assets from New Leaf and Nintendo announced it having future functionality with Animal Crossing main line games(and it's not going to be New Leaf or they would have revealed that in this direct...)

This meltdown is like thinking there won't be another 2D mario outside of mobile because of SMR.

If anything Nintendo is going to use this to drum up mainstream interest in AC once again before releasing a new AC game(which is probably their major 2018 holiday game, as the only other major thing they could have is a potential Smash 5 which I doubt).
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-10-25 at 03:29 AM.

Switch animal crossing will never happen
    It will happen when this dies just like Miitomo and Super Mario Run did.

Cyrus before was only used to craft very specific customizations. Not EVERYTHING and public works projects took a day not 72 hours. Earning bells is a joke it didn't take long

This is a standard animal crossing game except everything takes 3x longer so you spend money. Switch animal crossing will never happen
    Outside of customizable furniture, Cyrus could turn KK Songs into music boxes, make miniature complete fossils and the gold furniture set.

- - - Updated - - -

The one thing the console game will have over Pocket Camp are the required wait times. I blatantly stole this from r/AnimalCrossing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCross..._camp/doupkat/

Travel anywhere (3 hours): https://i.imgur.com/KPycF8B.png
    Breaking Rocks (3 attempts per 3 hours it takes to travel to Mine): https://i.imgur.com/2KUWUA4.png
    Fishing (Unknown, but 3 hours to travel to Beach)
    Bug Catching (Unknown, but 3 hours to travel to Island)
    Building large furniture / projects (Up to 3 days): https://i.imgur.com/I8riWVW.png
    Harvest Fruit (3 hours per tree): https://i.imgur.com/D6eDbru.png
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Nah, that game is basically reusing all assets from New Leaf and Nintendo announced it having future functionality with Animal Crossing main line games(and it's not going to be New Leaf or they would have revealed that in this direct...)

This meltdown is like thinking there won't be another 2D mario outside of mobile because of SMR.

If anything Nintendo is going to use this to drum up mainstream interest in AC once again before releasing a new AC game(which is probably their major 2018 holiday game, as the only other major thing they could have is a potential Smash 5 which I doubt).
    I personally think Animal Crossing is not that big of a series to have as a big holiday title, unless the other big titles need to be delayed. Animal Crossing has always been a title where they could put it anywhere and it would be fine, and it would be best in my opinion to put it in a slower month to keep the releases going. Best months for Animal Crossing are December or June.

Mind, I just looked at the release date for New Leaf and it released in Japan in early November 2012, but was released everywhere else in June 2013.

I still think Nintendo has Pokemon planned for their big title for next holiday.

- - - Updated - - -

One other thing I'm think of, was it really uprezzed New Leaf models, or downrezzed amiibo Festival models. Not entirely sure.

I personally think Animal Crossing is not that big of a series to have as a big holiday title, unless the other big titles need to be delayed. Animal Crossing has always been a title where they could put it anywhere and it would be fine, and it would be best in my opinion to put it in a slower month to keep the releases going. Best months for Animal Crossing are December or June.
    It's not about it being fine anywhere. They could launch Mario and it would be fine anywhere, but it's holiday for a reason. And yes, AC is THAT big of a series. Outside of Mario, Mario Kart, Smash and Pokemon it pretty much destroys all of their other IPs in sales.

"late 2018 at earliest" doesn't really sound like GF is confidant on getting a Pokemon out for holiday. I would 100% bank on it being delayed until 2019, and might even be a spring release instead of holiday. Especially since game freak is an absolute terrible technical developer and their transition to 3D models was shaky enough, their transition to HD could very well end up pushing the game to holiday 2019.

Meanwhile EAD2 hasn't been developing shit but Splatoon for years. If you really don't think they don't already have another AC game in the works and have for some time idk what to tell you. It's pretty obvious.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-10-25 at 04:24 AM.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    PRE-download is now up for SMO. Get it before launch day to avoid server crashes due to demand.

It's not about it being fine anywhere. They could launch Mario and it would be fine anywhere, but it's holiday for a reason. And yes, AC is THAT big of a series. Outside of Mario, Mario Kart, Smash and Pokemon it pretty much destroys all of their other IPs in sales.

"late 2018 at earliest" doesn't really sound like GF is confidant on getting a Pokemon out for holiday. I would 100% bank on it being delayed until 2019, and might even be a spring release instead of holiday. Especially since game freak is an absolute terrible technical developer and their transition to 3D models was shaky enough, their transition to HD could very well end up pushing the game to holiday 2019.

Meanwhile EAD2 hasn't been developing shit but Splatoon for years. If you really don't think they don't already have another AC game in the works and have for some time idk what to tell you. It's pretty obvious.
    Oh, I fully expect an Animal Crossing game soon. Most of the assets are already there, all they need to do is come up with the next game's gimmick and what assets they need for that.

Oh, I fully expect an Animal Crossing game soon. Most of the assets are already there, all they need to do is come up with the next game's gimmick and what assets they need for that.
    I imagine the next gimmick is simple enough. Two players per console each using a joy con in sideways mode and a 4 switches together in local wireless lets players all live in the same town instead of travel if they want.

Yup. If anyone had any doubts why Animal Crossing jumped to mobile instead of the Switch, this should clear up those.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-10-25 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

Yup. If anyone had any doubts why Animal Crossing jumped to mobile instead of the Switch, this should clear up those.
    The AC Mobile game was announced before the Switch was announced, it's not like they're mutually exclusive and it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out AC is the perfect Nintendo IP for the mobile casual/whale market. In fact the multiple delays for it where probably to make it more mobile after they realized the b2p model wasn't selling gang busters for SMR.

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    PRE-download is now up for SMO. Get it before launch day to avoid server crashes due to demand.

Unfortunately not available for prepurchase in australia

The AC Mobile game was announced before the Switch was announced, it's not like they're mutually exclusive and it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out AC is the perfect Nintendo IP for the mobile casual/whale market. In fact the multiple delays for it where probably to make it more mobile after they realized the b2p model wasn't selling gang busters for SMR.
    Yeah, AC formula was easily exploitable for a whale hunt.

But they have now opened the doors for infinite money on mobile platform, dunno if ROI on a higher fidelity, more expensive Switch game would be worth it to them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Yeah, AC formula was easily exploitable for a whale hunt.

But they have now opened the doors for infinite money on mobile platform, dunno if ROI on a higher fidelity, more expensive Switch game would be worth it to them anymore.
    One thing you forget, Nintendo uses their mobile games as advertisements for their console games. Searches for actual Pokemon games shot up a good amount on some of the forums I went to after Pokemon Go launch, and probably managed to give Sun and Moon a decent headstart. I didn't see it as much with Fire Emblem Heroes, but I suspect it did the sazme with Shadows of Valencia. With Pocket Camp, people will get a taste of Animal Crossing and want more of it, and when they do, Nintendo will come out and go, "You want more? Well here's a $50-60 game you can get with much more content and not as much of the load times." People will eat it up.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Unfortunately not available for prepurchase in australia
    Sure it is. Create a different profile but when doing so, make one that says its in the US. Log in under that profile and head to the E-shop.

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Sure it is. Create a different profile but when doing so, make one that says its in the US. Log in under that profile and head to the E-shop.
    Cant have paypal linked to both US and AU shop accounts. Its a mute point anyway as its available in AU now

Also people are still discovering BotW mechanics.... mind blown

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/UnsungFriendlyBlackfly

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Cant have paypal linked to both US and AU shop accounts. Its a mute point anyway as its available in AU now

Also people are still discovering BotW mechanics.... mind blown

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/UnsungFriendlyBlackfly
    finally a use for the boomerang

Playing Odyssey early due to simplygames (UK)
    Really enjoying it so far.

Could be another 10 for Nintendo...