10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mageling View Post
    Well, you at least tried/wanted to keep the console v console thing out of this, and for that you rock!

My problem with the whole thing has more to do with "random person finds Nintendo Switch thread, clicks it, sees people talking about PS4/XBONE, leaves thread" possibility thanks to page after page, post after post of people bringing out different companies and their sales, instead of just giving out numbers and calling it a day.

Just reporting someone and then hoping for an infraction and that they'd actually realize what their "mistake" was won't make them magically figure it out. That is, time and again bringing out stuff that hasn't really got anything to do with the subject of the thread. But guess I won't mention stuff like that again then, seeing as it's not wanted in here, I'll learn my lesson!
    It's been two or three bloody pages and it's only been brought up because of the sales numbers released by Nintendo. If you want to be a moderator apply for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I hate console v console. I'm the first to admit it and ironically I've been suckered in from time to time.

Comparing sales isn't a console war. It's a fair point of discussion,
    It's often the spark that ignites the barrel of gasoline, though.

Got a coworker who recently got a Switch and the new Mario game; waiting for their "review" of it (more akin to initial impressions). Already have another good friend of mine who's almost sold me on the idea of having one, oddly enough by describing how much fun his kids are having with it and how it's a lot more akin to how we played consoles when he and I grew up. As my coworker put it, it's a lot harder to be a toxic asshole to the other player in the game when they are sitting right next to you...so it's obvious he didn't have friends like me that would unplug the controller for them.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/29436...th-new-gamepla

Gear.Club Unlimited for the Switch will launch in the US on November 21st digitally, with a Gamestop limited exclusive physical release in the US and Canada only.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Open Your Heart is I think the only song that made its way onto my phone.
    Lacked the remix value though

Finally managed to beat the 500 moon level in Odyssey. Really wish they gave you one checkpoint because it really sucked having to do it all over again just because you fell into a bottomless pit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah I see. I'm getting both tired and old then.

Well at Gamescom 2014 which isn't one full year they sold 10 million. November would be the first full year and Gamescom is in August. Only other thing I know of is the March 2015 report which is 5 months too late and that states 18.5 million.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/2524...rpasses-wii-u/

According to that 16 million. That's 2 or so weeks later than the full year. Nintendo would have to sell around just under 9 million units then in less than 5 months give or take. Tall order but if they actually market it and fully sort stock out then doable.

Right now in 7 months they haven't hit half of that number so Christmas is going to have to help them. Because usually after Christmas the sales die down because everyone's got their stuff and whatnot.

Maybe it will outsell another console in it's first year but what matter is how well it does in the long run.

Not denying 7.3 million isn't great either. I was just expecting 8-8.5 as I said. Especially with something like Mario coming out.
    Its 7.6m. You are leaving 300k out which is a lot when you consider you only wanted them to do 400k more than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea the Switch is a great success for Nintendo but the hyperbole surrounding it's success is hilarious. If you just read this thread you would think the damn thing sold 20 mil already and was never in stock anywhere.

If Nintendo reaches their goal for 14 mil, that's still 600k below what the PS4 sold in it's first year, and the system is $100 cheaper then the PS4 was in said year. "Demolishing" tho.
    True, but like you said, Switch is doing great. Anything short of not releasing games for it like the WiiU will see it pass Gamecube at the minimum. I think it will beat the xbox 360 and ps3 but wont touch the Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Its 7.6m. You are leaving 300k out which is a lot when you consider you only wanted them to do 400k more than that.

- - - Updated - - -

True, but like you said, Switch is doing great. Anything short of not releasing games for it like the WiiU will see it pass Gamecube at the minimum. I think it will beat the xbox 360 and ps3 but wont touch the Wii.
    Wow. I'm an actual idiot then. I read that as 7.36 for some reason. I genuinely apologize because when it comes to numbers I'm not fond of making a mistake.

I mean it's not bad but we need to wait until March to see if it can sell 7-8 million more in 5 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I went from beating Destiny 2 last night and being like "hey, that ending was pretty hype, really flash and fun, music on point too"

And then I beat Mario Odyssey and was blown anyway. Jesus that was 10/10.
    Ive only had time to play 3 or 4 hours, but should be finishing up sand kingdom soon for now. Gonna beat the game then go back for leftover moons.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. I'm an actual idiot then. I read that as 7.36 for some reason. I genuinely apologize because when it comes to numbers I'm not fond of making a mistake.

I mean it's not bad but we need to wait until March to see if it can sell 7-8 million more in 5 months.
    I think it can. I doubt they would raise sales if they didn't think they could meet it. Anything north of 12m in first year is phenomenal though. Especially considering the WiiU. I just want them to be able to say the Switch did what the WiiU took almost 5 years to do in 1.

Ive only had time to play 3 or 4 hours, but should be finishing up sand kingdom soon for now. Gonna beat the game then go back for leftover moons.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it can. I doubt they would raise sales if they didn't think they could meet it. Anything north of 12m in first year is phenomenal though. Especially considering the WiiU. I just want them to be able to say the Switch did what the WiiU took almost 5 years to do in 1.
    Oh for sure. But right now their projections are to hit 14 mil. That's just under one of the current ones if I recall.

The bigger question is long term. I don't see it going higher than 80 million personally. Needs to be more interest.

Meanwhile I'm still sat here working out how I read 7.63 as 7.36 Not like I can sleep atm because insomnia and in hotels I'm a tad uncomfortable in a bed that isn't my own.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-11-01 at 04:59 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The stupid ass flowers that make you charge ahead are the primary reason for why I'm more than likely not going to 100% all the moons in SMO. Cause fuck those flowers and whoever came up with them and made the controls.

Throw cappy trying to hit this next flower? Sorry buddy, you didn't hit the mark, but here, take a 90degree turn to the left while at it because you were also touching your stick when cappy came back to you. At least it felt like it, afraid I'd get too pissed off at some point and throw the joycons at the TV breaking one or more things in the process, unless I had already bashed my head to the wall behind me.

how is switches first year compared to 3ds?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    how is switches first year compared to 3ds?
    3ds launches in March like Switch and on its September report they announced they sold 6.68m units worldwide. Crazily enough the following quarter they announced they had sold 15.03m. Meaning they sold 8.35m units in 1 quarter. So depending on supply, Switch could be anywhere between 10m-17m next quarter. Obviously it wont be that high, but 12 or 13m might happen if they can produce enough units.

- - - Updated - - -

I do think if they released as many switches as people wanted, that they could easily sell 20m in fiscal 2017.

3ds launches in March like Switch and on its September report they announced they sold 6.68m units worldwide. Crazily enough the following quarter they announced they had sold 15.03m. Meaning they sold 8.35m units in 1 quarter. So depending on supply, Switch could be anywhere between 10m-17m next quarter. Obviously it wont be that high, but 12 or 13m might happen if they can produce enough units.

- - - Updated - - -

I do think if they released as many switches as people wanted, that they could easily sell 20m in fiscal 2017.
    It's not crazy, the 3DS went from $250 at launch to $200 in the summer to having $180 bundles with a game that holiday season. The 3DS started slow and had to get a price cut and bundles right away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mageling View Post
    The stupid ass flowers that make you charge ahead are the primary reason for why I'm more than likely not going to 100% all the moons in SMO. Cause fuck those flowers and whoever came up with them and made the controls.

Throw cappy trying to hit this next flower? Sorry buddy, you didn't hit the mark, but here, take a 90degree turn to the left while at it because you were also touching your stick when cappy came back to you. At least it felt like it, afraid I'd get too pissed off at some point and throw the joycons at the TV breaking one or more things in the process, unless I had already bashed my head to the wall behind me.
    The moons are just repetitive and there to give people more options to get to 500 anyways tbh. 500 and completing the final world is probably a 40+ hour journey for most and at that point you have really seen everything the game has to offer(which is damn good). The 999 moons secret ain't anything special(and requires an ass load of coin farming as you have to buy 159 moons, outfits are already a big coin sink).

No point in grinding all the moons tbh, still plenty of fun to be had outside of that. Collectible wise I'm only going to 100% regional coins and outfits.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-11-01 at 08:40 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

3DS was much cheaper (acfter the cut). Switch won't reach that insane jump during holidays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's not crazy, the 3DS went from $250 at launch to $200 in the summer to having $180 bundles with a game that holiday season. The 3DS started slow and had to get a price cut and bundles right away.

- - - Updated - - -

The moons are just repetitive and there to give people more options to get to 500 anyways tbh. 500 and completing the final world is probably a 40+ hour journey for most and at that point you have really seen everything the game has to offer(which is damn good). The 999 moons secret ain't anything special(and requires an ass load of coin farming as you have to buy 159 moons, outfits are already a big coin sink).

No point in grinding all the moons tbh, still plenty of fun to be had outside of that. Collectible wise I'm only going to 100% regional coins and outfits.
    IM just aiming for 75% of moons in each level. Not gonna 100% it either as I hate the motion controls. I cant cappy jump to save my life either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    3DS was much cheaper (acfter the cut). Switch won't reach that insane jump during holidays.
    Maybe once we see a 199 switch. Or even better a 150 switch mini in a few years.

IM just aiming for 75% of moons in each level. Not gonna 100% it either as I hate the motion controls. I cant cappy jump to save my life either.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe once we see a 199 switch. Or even better a 150 switch mini in a few years.
    Won't see a mini. Might see a more powerful Switch along the lines of a New or pro version.

There will be hardware revisions, but it's really hard to see them drifting away from the same form factor being universal for docks and joy cons.

I'll be going for 100%

and here I thought coins were useless, i got about 3k and haven't beaten the game yet (I'm on the last kingdom I believe) and you have to buy 159 of them so that's about 16k coins yeesh

also found the painting to

mushroom kingdom and landed on yoshis little island and I freaked the fuck out
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm taking my time with Odyssey. I haven't even finished the main storyline, yet. I'm not going to be going for 100% completion, but I will say that I'm enjoying playing Odyssey more than any Mario game I've played since I first got my hands on Mario 64.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'll be going for 100%

and here I thought coins were useless, i got about 3k and haven't beaten the game yet (I'm on the last kingdom I believe) and you have to buy 159 of them so that's about 16k coins yeesh
    There's also going to be new clothing to be bought after finishing the main story and getting "x amount of moons" with coins, one having a cost of 9999, many for 1k a piece.
    Last edited by mageling; 2017-11-01 at 03:24 PM.