Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Nope, the super material graphine will garauntee mobile tech will surpass all.
    To add to what Remilia said if "mobile tech" as you want to call it surpasses whatever you think it does what do you think happens to that mobile tech when you put real cooling on it and don't have wattage limitations? That's right, it becomes much more powerful... and not mobile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not really. Both PS4 and XB1 have it and passed it through their QA. The real reason Switch version lacks mod support is the system has half the memory of XB1/PS4 and is probably already capped on that memory allotment once you play Skyrim for awhile.
    Yeah but PS4 does not allow external assets. But creation club would do dandy on the Switch.

probably one of the worst moons i ever got. right up there with pachinko from sunshine

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

https://twitter.com/splatoonjp/statu...05606662070272

New hairstyles and weapon types being announced for Splatoon 2 at 6 am PST from the Squid Research Lab.

Last edited by johnhoftb; 2017-11-21 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    probably one of the worst moons i ever got. right up there with pachinko from sunshine

Volleyball is way worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Volleyball is way worse.
    use cappy in co-op it makes it easier

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    use cappy in co-op it makes it easier
    Oh I don't mean from a difficulty stand point, just from how slow it is compared to jump rope.

Just finished 100% completed Mario. Volleyball was my last moon to get. Even with Cappy I hated it, thought I'd managed the moons fairly well to make sure I'd put some gaps between the irritating ones, then found all the ones on Dark Side. Today was a fun day...Great game though, really enjoyed the entire experience apart from the motion controls.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Disgaea 5 for $19.99
    Sonic Forces for $24.99
    Bomberman for $24.99

at best buy starting thursday.(some might already be up for early access if you're a my best buy member).

Just a heads up for anyone looking for some Switch games on sale, it's slim pickings. Mario+Rabbids will be $29.99 at walmart as well. Zelda for $49.99 at walmart is the only first party game with a deal at all this week(lol).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Nvidia... did graphically, but that's kind of gone now with Qualcomm already surpassing Tegra X1 and no one's seen where X2/Parker is at granted if it's Pascal, the performance per flop is the same. They also don't have a CPU worth shit too. AMD on the other hand has a very good APU out already in the 15W area, and with clock tweaking, changing core configuration or CUs can definitely go lower. Switch takes about 9W at full load. Admittedly Ryzen 2700U/2500U should be more expensive than a X1.

Also it'll never catch up, and the reason is purely just space, power, and thermals. Also if you're comparing Geekbench, don't. We found out easily that when someone benched Ravenridge on Android / Windows, that Android was outperforming the Window's equivalent which really tells you that the software platform makes for inequal comparison.
    Wont catch up, but games will eventually reach a point to where they can easily be ported to mobile tech with minimal noticeable visual degradation.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Wont catch up, but games will eventually reach a point to where they can easily be ported to mobile tech with minimal noticeable visual degradation.
    People said this over a decade ago when the PSP and DS came out. Still waiting on it...

As tech advances so does software. There will always be some high end software that doesn't scale down very well.

What we see with the Switch is exactly what we saw with the PSP and Vita. A high end mobile console still ends up looking like a .5 upgrade to the previous gen then it does the current gen.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-11-21 at 07:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People said this over a decade ago when the PSP and DS came out. Still waiting on it...

As tech advances so does software. There will always be some high end software that doesn't scale down very well.

What we see with the Switch is exactly what we saw with the PSP and Vita. A high end mobile console still ends up looking like a .5 upgrade to the previous gen then it does the current gen.
    At a certain point they can just adjust the resolution down to 1080p or 1440p instead of 4/8k and the game will have the same settings otherwise.

At a certain point they can just adjust the resolution down to 1080p or 1440p instead of 4/8k and the game will have the same settings otherwise.
    Oh that's cute, you really think resolution is the only thing that's going to advance in game graphics?

We're still seeing games designed with base XB1 and PS4 in mind and will for some time yet. There will be a jump like there always is when those are phased out.

8k is literally not going mainstream for another 10 years or more, which means they're going to have a lot of power to work with maxing out at 4k. By time 8k is the mainstream the same situation will happen.

People like you always claim X will happen but it never does. History doesn't lie.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-11-21 at 08:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh that's cute, you really think resolution is the only thing that's going to advance in game graphics?

We're still seeing games designed with base XB1 and PS4 in mind and will for some time yet. There will be a jump like there always is when those are phased out.

8k is literally not going mainstream for another 10 years or more, which means they're going to have a lot of power to work with maxing out at 4k. By time 8k is the mainstream the same situation will happen.

People like you always claim X will happen but it never does. History doesn't lie.
    Yup, this generation of games is still focused heavily on the early console iterations and the limitations they have.

https://splatoon.nintendo.com/news-v...-are-incoming/

More info on the update.

The update comes this Friday.

Four new stages:

MakoMart (releasing 7 pm PST this Friday)
    Shellendorf Insitute
    Walleye Warehouse
    Arowana Mall

New Salmon Run Stage, Salmonid Smokeyard, releasing with the update.

140 pieces of new gear, including winter clothes and gear from the original Splatoon.

Two new bands, based on punk and classical music, for new battle music.

Four new hairstyles, two for each gender.

Level cap raised to 99, but you can also talk to Judd once you hit 99 to reset it to level 1 and get a star next to the level number.

Take pictures with your amiibo in preset locations in battle stages, also includes new poses with your amiibo.

GEAR SWAPPING IN LOBBIES IN REGULAR BATTLE, RANKED BATTLE, AND SOLO SPLATFEST.

Separate update in mid-December with a new ranked battle mode: Clam Blitz. Gonna quote the site for this one:

In Clam Blitz, competing Inklings are tasked with collecting clams scattered around the stage. After one is picked up, the clam follows the player. The objective is to throw the clam into the basket near the opponent's base. The first team to score 100 points wins! But, of course, this being the fiercely competitive world of Splatoon 2, things are not as easy as they seem. The baskets are protected by a barrier, which much be destroyed first. After collecting 10 clams, the player will earn a Power Clam. These super-powered clams are the key to breaking the barrier, so strategy will definitely be involved in which clams are used to destroy the barrier and which are used to earn points. Not to mention the extra-satisfying opportunity to steal opponents' clams by splatting them.
    - - - Updated - - -

A sample of the new battle music:

- - - Updated - - -

And we can't forget about today's new Blades. Yes, with an added "s", there's two.

So apparently the Switch is the best selling console hardware of 2017, hell of a change from the Wii U.

10+ Year Old Account

At a certain point reducing polygons on a model and texture resolutions etc isn't going to have a massive difference. At that point in time mobile makes sense.

At a certain point reducing polygons on a model and texture resolutions etc isn't going to have a massive difference. At that point in time mobile makes sense.
    What are you even talking about. We already reached the point of triangle diminishing returns on the PS3, yet graphics still continue to advance and look better.

If you think games are anywhere close to being photo realistic or even matching modern cgi please pass me what you're smoking. It must be good.

So pocket camp has cloud saves.

Thanks Nintendo
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.