Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Why? The game is rated M and nintendo wants to not fuck over their 3rd party support this time
    To be honest, I don't think there network would be ready for it. Hey I could be wrong and hope I am but I just wouldn't hold my breath on it.

Even if it gets it the system spec's are clearly worse then a XB1 and that has issues with FO4 mods. How much would you really be able to do on the switch?

Million Dollar question is...How big is the HD space on the dam thing.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So the game line up looks fucking great

Skyrim? I hope nintendo allows mod support where sony did not
    New Mario game

And it looks like a new mario kart/splatoon game or it's more DLC for those games because KING BOO IS BACK and THE INKLINGS HAVE NEW HAIR STYLES

And finally nintendo won't have 2 separate consoles (handheld) it'll be all in one. Let's hope there is backwards capabilities for the 3DS so people's 3DS games don't go to waste.
    You know that Skyrim PS4 will have Mod support, right? Although it's limited to in-game graphics/sounds only. =/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath on mod support.
    Agreed... they tend to have a lot of obscure proprietary stuff/coding that prevents a lot of things being ported.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? The game is rated M and nintendo wants to not fuck over their 3rd party support this time
    Citation needed :P

That's what Nintendo SHOULD do... we don't know if that's the case in reality or not. :P

I want to know the HD size. My guess is that its 64gig since its really just a super power tablet.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it

I LOVE IT

It actually has a sick design
    It looks modern AF

ITS GOING TO HAVE SKYRIM! AND ZELDA! ON THE SAME CONSOLE! I ALWAYS WANTED THAT!

NEW MARIO!
    NEW MARIO KART!
    SKYRIM!

*dies from hype*

Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    Because you know about this. A regular person will look at this at a store and will say "Switch? Switch what? Didn't Nintendo already have a thingie with a screen on the controller? Is this just a slim version of that?"
    That's why they need to do this thing called marketing that presents the product.

You really think the average person knew what a Nintendo Wii was just off the name?

Switch is a great name for marketing. Switch your perspective, Switch how you play, Switch from being tied to the TV, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    This "console" is a gimmick.

Its a tablet. The thing it slides into isn't the console, its just a dock to put the shitty tablet graphics on a TV and charge it. Speaking of charging it, unless Nintendo have revolutionized batteries, which they haven't, this thing will probably last like an hour or two when not plugged in, if even that. Non-gaming tablets only last like 2-4 hours playing shitty mobile games and this is a purpose built gaming tablet with I assume more powerful hardware, ie way more battery drain.
    I keep seeing people as negative as this and I can't help but laugh a little.

Look at Nintendo's track record. Where have they dominated? Hand held and portable gaming. Nothing has ever challenged them there except perhaps mobile phone gaming. Now they're taking things like Skyrim and Zelda Breath of the Wild and taking that mobile? A phone isn't going to really be in the same market demographic as that.

3DS lasts about 3.5 to 5 hours of game time. Seems plenty long to me for a charge if Switch can be somewhere around that.

I'm not a huge mobile/portable gamer, so I'd be 90% docked and playing on TV, though.
    Nintendo always offers a good line up of 1st party titles. Since this one doesn't have as much gimmick to it control-wise, etc, I'm hoping 3rd party sticks around longer. We've already had some developers comment how easy it is to develop for, so I think they will more than they did with Wii U.

So the Price "leak" is $300? Without the "bundle"

That's pretty good actually

The bundle probably has a game and the pro controller with it.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    My GF said it best and shes not a big gamer. It looks like the Wii-U but much better.
    it looks less clunky and less like a toy. I like it

If I have to re buy MK8 and splatoon and etc at full price for this thing I will be pissed. Should be a lower price for those games.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Been a Nintendo fan since 1989. I won't buy the new console until I learn about what they want to do with their online report systems. I bought a wii u for sm4sh. After playing it since launch, I switched to the character duck hunt a few months ago. I've been in "ban land" ever since. No tag changing, no offensive mii's, I don't even taunt. I refuse to support the company after it put such a bs un-moderated report system. 1v1 for glory sm4sh was the ONLY reason I bought a wii u, so I wouldn't have to drive all over to tourneys to get my smash fix, and now I can't even play it. I won't be wasting my money again.

So the game line up looks fucking great

Skyrim? I hope nintendo allows mod support where sony did not
    Not entirely on topic, but *cough* Um....: https://bethesda.net/en/article/2vD2...-and-fallout-4

As of 16 days ago, mods are back on the menu.

10+ Year Old Account
    so the price "leak" is $300? Without the "bundle"

that's pretty good actually

the bundle probably has a game and the pro controller with it.
    i want a skyrim bundle!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I'm still banking on the rumor that the dock portion has another tegra chip in it and it switches to SLI mode for extra graphical power.
    yeah, i suppose so. Which imho is a very elegant and effective solution - also how given is that nintendo usually doesn't push much on game graphics.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I still say the handheld and dock will be sold separately and together as a bundle. We may get other bundles.

If I have to re buy MK8 and splatoon and etc at full price for this thing I will be pissed. Should be a lower price for those games.
    Trade ur Wii-U copys in for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I keep seeing people as negative as this and I can't help but laugh a little.

Look at Nintendo's track record. Where have they dominated? Hand held and portable gaming. Nothing has ever challenged them there except perhaps mobile phone gaming. Now they're taking things like Skyrim and Zelda Breath of the Wild and taking that mobile? A phone isn't going to really be in the same market demographic as that.

3DS lasts about 3.5 to 5 hours of game time. Seems plenty long to me for a charge if Switch can be somewhere around that.

I'm not a huge mobile/portable gamer, so I'd be 90% docked and playing on TV, though.
    Nintendo always offers a good line up of 1st party titles. Since this one doesn't have as much gimmick to it control-wise, etc, I'm hoping 3rd party sticks around longer. We've already had some developers comment how easy it is to develop for, so I think they will more than they did with Wii U.
    1. 3DS has inferior hardware to this.

2. Look at their own ad... http://i.imgur.com/gTMxyCd.mp4 --- That shit is running at like 10fps... And this is a bullshot to sell the thing lol... Which means its probably worse than that.

So the Price "leak" is $300? Without the "bundle"

That's pretty good actually

The bundle probably has a game and the pro controller with it.
    My guess it comes with a game and pro controller.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    I still say the handheld and dock will be sold separately and together as a bundle. We may get other bundles.
    what ? ??????????????????

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am def hyped

I like the name, Switch sounds cool.

Concerns:
    Durability of the controller snap ins. I can see issues with the controller staying together.
    Battery life

Also Jim Sterling says it reminds him of Soundwave, one of my favorite transformers.

If Mario Kart is a port, it will be a complete edition with all of the DLC for $60. If it's MK9, I'm wondering why they brought back Mario Circuit Wii U.

Also, the Splatoon will have new content, actual hairstyles and pants being possibly added as an equipment option, and a new map.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    what ? ??????????????????
    People will want to buy the handheld standalone, say for their kids, a cheaper option., or for if they need a replacement and the warranty is out.

They will also need to sell the dock separately for those who go after the handheld alone and change their minds later.

Other bundles are either a Pro option (Pro controller, larger hard drive) or game bundles (like a Breath of the Wild Edition).

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    That's why they need to do this thing called marketing that presents the product.

You really think the average person knew what a Nintendo Wii was just off the name?
    Its almost like people will learn about things via advertisement's. You know those things stores will have showing and playing. The name is fine and anyone bitching about it is just wanting to bitch.
    Well, for quite a while people thought that the Wii U was an extension of the Wii, so...
    Yes in the end comes up for marketing, but I wouldn't hold my hopes up for people getting what this is easily.