http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/...nreal-engine-4

they had just swiitched engines back in october, a game the scale of kh3 needs a 3 year dev cycle. 2017 is the earliest it will be out as is the official release window on the kh site and facebook

- - - Updated - - -

ff 15 is also on unreal 4
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/...nreal-engine-4

they had just swiitched engines back in october, a game the scale of kh3 needs a 3 year dev cycle. 2017 is the earliest it will be out as is the official release window on the kh site and facebook

- - - Updated - - -

ff 15 is also on unreal 4
    FF XV is on the proprietary engine Luminous that Square made for their next gen games. And it will probably be the last game that uses it. LMAO.

They announced they change to Unreal in October, correction. October is also not "a couple of months ago".

You claimed development started on KH3 "a couple of months ago".

You then claimed FFXV is on Unreal 4.

You are wrong on both accounts. Are we done here?

Hell, if FFXV was on Unreal the game would already be done. The luminous engine is a massive bottleneck for their development, it looks pretty but it is garbage to code for.

october is a couple of months ago and square has said ff15 is on unreal 4 plenty of times
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Immitis are you smoking something? Because I couldn't find a 2017 date on the site or their facebook. Also, just because they switched engines doesn't mean they necessarily have to start from absolutely zero. But there's no point speculating because we will probably know in a few weeks at D23.

- - - Updated - - -

october is a couple of months ago and square has said ff15 is on unreal 4 plenty of times
    9 months = a couple? UMMMMMMMMM OKAY. Also, please start posting some proof for your statements because so far I haven't been able to find anything that confirms what you've been saying.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Luminous_Engine

ff xv was on luminous 1.0 then switched to unreal 4 then to luminous 1.5 then when its finished 2.0 still made with unreal 4

"Couple" = about 2 months

It's been 9 months, almost a year ago.

Also - did a quick google-search and found no evidence of FF15 going Unreal 4.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    "Couple" = about 2 months

It's been 9 months, almost a year ago.

Also - did a quick google-search and found no evidence of FF15 going Unreal 4.
    9 months is a couple

10+ Year Old Account
    ff xv was on luminous 1.0 then switched to unreal 4 then to luminous 1.5 then when its finished 2.0 still made with unreal 4
    Okay... just post some proof or go away because you're being ridiculous right now.

FFXV has had NOTHING coded for it in Unreal. Link otherwise, have fun trying to google that you won't find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    9 months is a couple
    Yep.... we're getting trolled here. Only conclusion I can come to.

Just a slight reminder to keep this thread on track about Nintendo NX talk. If you want to discuss other games and their engines then feel free to start another thread so it's all kept into one place instead of cluttering this thread with various outside talk that doesn't pertain to the NX.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Yep.... we're getting trolled here. Only conclusion I can come to.
    if they only just switched in october they probably didnt start actual work on the game till jan which between then and e3 isnt much time for game development its barely a couple months

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole Dragon Quest things pretty much confirms that the NX is a home console. I mean, anyone who was paying attention already knew that but many people thought it was going to be a new handheld (although it could possibly be a hybrid still.)

it was already confirmed to be a home console at e3 by reggie

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? ...Jeez I don't know why people have been insisting it's a handheld so recently then.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    The whole Dragon Quest things pretty much confirms that the NX is a home console. I mean, anyone who was paying attention already knew that but many people thought it was going to be a new handheld (although it could possibly be a hybrid still.)
    Not really.

You do realize the DQ they announced coming to NX is on the Wii, Wii U, 3DS and Android right?

Anyways, I still think if you're thinking of NX as a console or handheld or even hybrid you're doing it wrong.

I still believe it is a platform/os they are going to use on multiple devices, including a console and handheld. Possibly even phones in Japan but I don't see that coming west...

All I see in the last page or two is you saying "This and that has been confirmed" but yet you provide no proof. This part tho you are right about he did comfirm that saying its them staying in the console market. By the way......

A couple months is 2-3 months.
    A few months is 3-5 months.

Anything higher is that number so if KH3 got switched last october then thats 9 months argo 'nearly a year"

Ontopic: I have a feeling a lot of info is about to roll out about the NX before Nintendo wants it too. If companys start considering makes X for the system then its a clear sign Nintendo will want NX out by the end of 2016. So I can see them holding the NX over with first party titles until the 3rd party titles are ready. I just hope any first or 3rd party title that gets released isn't a rushed mess.

If Nintendo waits to release the NX then it really could have the most strong lineup of games any released console has seen. Ill wait to see more about the NX before deciding to buy it. After getting burned by the "NEW" 3DS and the Wii-U I rather wait and see. But I hope it does really well and if the rumors are true then it will be awesome if it works with both the 3DS and Wii-U.

My advice is if you don't own a Wii-U already just wait for the NX to release because I do believe Nintendo said the NX will play Wii-U Titles.

Also please Nintendo don't fucken region lock the system.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not really.

You do realize the DQ they announced coming to NX is on the Wii, Wii U, 3DS and Android right?
    They announced 2. Or well, they back tracked on DQ XI. Now they're saying that they are considering it or something. They said DQ XI would be on 3DS, PS4 and NX (both running on UE4).

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    All I see in the last page or two is you saying "This and that has been confirmed" but yet you provide no proof. This part tho you are right about he did comfirm that saying its them staying in the console market. By the way.......
    you should pay attention before you mouth off, i already posted this article months ago during e3

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/06/...ylanders-deal/

WSJ: Sony’s and Microsoft’s consoles have far outsold the Wii U. What’s your strategy to come out ahead?

Fils-Aime: The time frame that these systems are sold is quite long, and right now we’re still at the very early stages of the current generation. The other piece I would highlight is this is a global business. Don’t just look at what’s happening here in the U.S. Look at what’s happening globally.

From a Nintendo perspective, we clearly have strength here in the Americas, we have strength in Europe and we have strength in Japan. That isn’t necessarily true of some of our more direct competitors. We’ve also said publicly that we are already hard at work on our next home console and that’s another element we’ll be talking about much later.

- - - Updated - - -

also the guty in charge of metroid prime said any home console prime would be made for nx not wiiu. it could still be a hybrid but its alredy confirmed to be a home console and successor to wiiu