Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    I interpret that the tokens won't be BoA anytime soon, nothing saying it won't be pushed beyond 675. Which I see it being another +20
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    I'd be surprised if they didn't increase the follower ilvl, otherwise it would kinda feel like we're finished with garrisons if there is no more progression there. Unless they're planning to put all the new missions into the shipyard.

I don't interpret it that way at all. I think he simply means they don't plan to make them BoA at any point, so don't be afraid to use them or vendor them.
    I'd find it very negligent of the Devs, suggesting to even sell these items, knowing there would be a good use for them in a future patch.
    Also with the new PTR build notes, my thesis gets some support. Every mission feature introduced with 6.2 will be from shipyards. There is no reason to upgrade normal missions/followers hence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    I'd find it very negligent of the Devs, suggesting to even sell these items, knowing there would be a good use for them in a future patch.
    Also with the new PTR build notes, my thesis gets some support. Every mission feature introduced with 6.2 will be from shipyards. There is no reason to upgrade normal missions/followers hence.
    They're just saying that the current tokens will not be BoA and to either use them to upgrade, or sell them(like the 615 ones).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    The HFC cache comes from the shipyard, btw
    Pretty much this. I don't see why they would increase your follower's item levels if they're just gonna move all the new content to the shipyard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    They're just saying that the current tokens will not be BoA and to either use them to upgrade, or sell them(like the 615 ones).
    We should have made a bet. If you can't follow my argument, can you follow a blue tweet?

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...98757419192320

Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    I would imagine followers will get an ilvl increase with 6.2 raid, so having warmill will still be good for upgrading them all, unless you're like me and have a ton piling up.
    They just announced they probably won't increase the ilvl they will add new hard missions so might need to tune your collection of followers

Any plans to increase the follower cap above 25?
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-04-24 at 12:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Any plans to increase the follower cap above 25?
    People keep demanding this. I don't understand why. You can actually have an army of 25 Followers which allows you to have every available mission out there on 100% success chance, including every gold/GR mission with max number of TreasureHunter/Scavenger and becoming mission-starved at the end of the day. Why would you want to have any more active followers?

It'd lower the dependence on the barracks building if they buffed it to 25 baseline/30 with barracks. They're also adding some "extra hard" 675 missions in 6.2 so a bit of room to add racial followers while maintaining the current crew would be nice I guess, but mostly the first reason I gave.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    People keep demanding this. I don't understand why. You can actually have an army of 25 Followers which allows you to have every available mission out there on 100% success chance, including every gold/GR mission with max number of TreasureHunter/Scavenger and becoming mission-starved at the end of the day. Why would you want to have any more active followers?
    I too run out of missions more frequently then I run out of followers to send on missions.

Yeah, standard practice is to check 2-3 times a day and you'll run out of missions. Log in, open the mission table, spam left click while holding alt to form all tentative parties with Master Plan, click the button and you're done in 15 seconds, then moving onto the next toon.

Even if they buffed it to 25 baseline and 30 with, the barracks would still be an appealing building because you'd have the bodyguard and it spawns extra missions, but you'd see players trying out other large buildings more often. They did this once already by adding Work Orders to the Mage Tower.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-04-24 at 01:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    What I tested on ptr followers ilvl could not go up above 675
    The limit got increased WITHIN the same tier, you can bet your ass it will go to over 700 now. Maybe exactly 700, as it's 25 ilvls below current level mythic atm.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

because some people assign followers to buildings and leave them there instead of constantly assigning reassigning. So we really only get 20 followers.

It's also worth noting that we're getting a new outdoor zone in 6.2, and Gearworks+ST provide some really nice open world QoL benefits and toys, so players would probably would love to drop their barracks for those buildings. Basically just saying 25 baseline is probably the best sweet spot to encourage more diverse choices instead of everybody just taking the barracks like it seems to be currently [I know this is a bit of an exaggerated statement when I say everybody, but it should be a pretty high percentage]
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-04-24 at 01:09 PM.

There's no real reason to keep War Mill/Dwarven Bunker at this point. You will still continue to get follower items through missions and the Salvage Yard to more than cover any new inn recruits/followers you need to gear to 100% the new "hard" missions. That makes the extra follower upgrades from the Bunker nearly useless at this point. The extra bonus roll is also not a good reason to keep it. The Mage Tower work orders give you enough Apexis Crystals to buy all 3 bonus rolls every week, not just the one free one from Bunker (at the cost of ~20 minutes farming ogre stones a week). It also gives you instant completion items for all of your raid cache missions, portals and the zip line thing for your garrison. It destroys Bunker in terms of usefulness at this point.

Stables may also be worth considering for the mount perks, since Tanaan Jungle apparently is loaded with incredibly annoying trash mobs that dismount, etc constantly. I still think dropping Barracks is a tough sell. For one thing, the garrison table body guard is highly useful. For another, 5 more active followers makes it that much easier to keep a full array of Treasure Hunters/Scavengers/Epic Mount followers to cover all of the valuable gold/garrison resource missions.

10+ Year Old Account
    finally i think i will build the mage tower. it looks like a fun building. PORTALS FOR EVERYONE
    Hi

In case no one noticed, 675 will still be the cap in 6.2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    In case no one noticed, 675 will still be the cap in 6.2
    You forgot to quote Blizzard devs on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I replaced mine recently with the Mage Tower. Specifically so I could get apexis crystals from the work orders, due to the 150k apexis mount coming in 6.2.

Been capped on seals forever now, there's no more loot for me in raids. Followers are capped and I have stacks upon stacks of tokens banked to raise them when 6.2 comes out, assuming their ilvl cap will be raised again.

But anyway, yeah, Mage Tower is it I think. Once you have done the Stables on any toon and gotten all the mounts from it, there's no reason to keep it anymore other than the riding buffs (loot while mounted etc.). I may switch to it once I no longer need apexis, but that's some time away.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    You forgot to quote Blizzard devs on that.
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...98757419192320

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to switch then.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    I replaced mine recently with the Mage Tower. Specifically so I could get apexis crystals from the work orders, due to the 150k apexis mount coming in 6.2.

Been capped on seals forever now, there's no more loot for me in raids. Followers are capped and I have stacks upon stacks of tokens banked to raise them when 6.2 comes out, assuming their ilvl cap will be raised again.

But anyway, yeah, Mage Tower is it I think. Once you have done the Stables on any toon and gotten all the mounts from it, there's no reason to keep it anymore other than the riding buffs (loot while mounted etc.). I may switch to it once I no longer need apexis, but that's some time away.
    I'm wondering if the 20% mount speed would stick to flying mounts.