Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cute Anarchist View Post
    People should be aware of a few things:

1. Obstruction has been proven to be the most effective form of activism, despite all the reasoning people try to do in claiming it's a bad form of protesting. Many political advisors and activism advisors do strongly suggest obstruction and blocking access as the best form of protest nowadays.

2. Even though obstruction is illegal by domestic law, the courts are strongly stressing anyone (even police) not to step in or break up such protests, for various reasons.
    I don't think the thread warrants discussing obstruction as a tactic. Unless you think all kinds of obstruction against any target with any political motivation are positive.
    I think this particular instance is badly targeted (Berkeley students), and badly structured (limiting access to education, of all things).

Quote Originally Posted by Rassium View Post
    What kind of discrimination do they suffer as a result of their race? I'm curious.
    White people can be discriminated against when they're in the minority just as easily as any other minority. There is a (almost exclusively) black college around where I live, white students that have attempted to go there have been met with hostility. To the effect that they have been beaten and some hospitalized. Yes, it doesn't happen as often as with black people since whites are not in the minority very often. But to assume that white people cannot be discriminated against is ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Just to be clear, the prior thread was closed because of a combination of personal insults in-thread, mocking specific people in the video (which is off-topic and just petty to boot), and wishing death/injury on the protestors. There was little to no constructive discussion.

If this thread can pursue constructive discussion, it can remain open.

Blue text because this is going to serve as an official warning.
    Thanks Endus.

And yeah, please keep this thread civil

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspawn115 View Post
    White people can be discriminated against when they're in the minority just as easily as any other minority. There is a (almost exclusively) black college around where I live, white students that have attempted to go there have been met with hostility. To the effect that they have been beaten and some hospitalized. Yes, it doesn't happen as often as with black people since whites are not in the minority very often. But to assume that white people cannot be discriminated against is ignorant.
    I didn't say they couldn't be discriminated against. I don't think the vast majority of white people have been discriminated against in the same way almost any minority has. And pardon me if I'm slightly skeptical of the "black people beat up white people for no reason" stories.

2. Even though obstruction is illegal by domestic law, the courts are strongly stressing anyone (even police) not to step in or break up such protests, for various reasons.
    I see it as being for only one reason:

-Degenerate commits crime by obstructing entrance.
    -Police Officer steps in to clear degenerate from entrance.
    -Degenerate commits crime by resisting arrest and/or assaulting officer.
    -Police Officer is forced to exercise completely justifiable procedure to subdue the degenerate.
    -Degenerate protester runs to media crying police brutality.
    -City caves to pressure and then pays the degenerate huge sums of money.

I don't see what is so unreasonable with telling people to protest in a designated area.

If they choose to ignore that simple law they then become a degenerate and at that point I honestly couldn't give a shit if it takes a little skull thumping to get them back in line.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

I didn't say they couldn't be discriminated against. I don't think the vast majority of white people have been discriminated against in the same way almost any minority has. And pardon me if I'm slightly skeptical of the "black people beat up white people for no reason" stories.
    Who said it was "no reason"? Black people can't be racist?

People heavily underestimate how much work and organisation there is behind activist groups.
    We, activists, overstate its importance and difficulty too.

Deleted
    People should be aware of a few things:

1. Obstruction has been proven to be the most effective form of activism, despite all the reasoning people try to do in claiming it's a bad form of protesting. Many political advisors and activism advisors do strongly suggest obstruction and blocking access as the best form of protest nowadays.

The reaction to this protest has been incredulity at their actions and not the topic they bought up. They've given themselves infamy and done nothing for their cause.

Black people can't be racist?
    That's not what I said. Are you saying having a different race is grounds for beating someone up? That's ridiculous.

To copy an idea from a card within Cards against Humanity....

Just get a group of 20 or so people with super soakers filled to the brim with cat piss and just unload on this group of students. Let us see how long they can last in the sun with that nice tangy smell drenching them head to toe.

Protestors should have the right to protest, they should not, however, have the right to interfere with someone else and impede them from taking care of their own priorities. Many of these students wanted to go to the classes that they paid for, the protestors do not represent the school, nor should they have any right to bring about a 'denial of paid service'. But again... Super Soakers with Cat Piss, would have made this whole thing a lot more amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by VodkaRedBull View Post
    Thanks Endus.

And yeah, please keep this thread civil
    Hard to keep this thread civil when you spout racist bullshit like this in the OP

If they would allow black/asian/lgbt people to pass it would be okay for me, because average white straight joe still didnt get how huge the problem is in terms of police brutality against minorities and sometimes females but not allowing minorities to go to class is just idiotic

I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

That's not what I said. Are you saying having a different race is grounds for beating someone up? That's ridiculous.
    Because that's never happened before? A white person has never beat a black person just because of their race? Isn't that exactly what the protesters are trying to raise awareness of what happened?

Because that's never happened before? A white person has never beat a black person just because of their race? Isn't that exactly what the protesters are trying to raise awareness of what happened?
    You're not really responding to my point.

Who said it was "no reason"? Black people can't be racist?
    Any group can be discriminatory, and in fact the most common discrimination among minorities is actually intra-racial discrimination, which is a large problem within the culture, as for whites being discriminitory against blacks.. just browse the comments section of the video, im sure there is dozens of EXPLICIT racism towards blacks, there is alot of criticism that i agree with about the structure and fidelity of the protests, but racism does exist.

Deleted
    Ridiculous, but it happens. And it's mostly x on white

Deleted
    Ah yes, raising awareness against police brutality by forcing people to brutally push past you to get to class.

Godspeed you SJW genius', Godspeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Hard to keep this thread civil when you spout racist bullshit like this in the OP
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fucking called out.

But I don't think that qualifies as racism per the rules of this forum.

At least I've never seen that sort of thing infracted before so I'm just assuming its a-ok.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Starquake View Post
    Ridiculous, but it happens. And it's mostly x on white
    Wow. White people must have it so tough.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they would allow black/asian/lgbt people to pass it would be okay for me, because average white straight joe still didnt get how huge the problem is in terms of police brutality against minorities and sometimes females but not allowing minorities to go to class is just idiotic
    THIS is just as much discrimination as what they are doing. No one or everyone.
    "Average white straight joe" this is called racism. It's not just against minorities. You're no better than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I still don't think it's a racism issue. The media wants people to believe it is because it brings in views.

Police issue. Yes. But they had no right to block people from going to their classes. Their message (if people agree with it) is lost because they are just being a nuisance.

It is a race issue with the police we cant forget the fact that if the racial balance was fully applied to whites when it comes to deaths from the police we should have 5-6 times as many white people killed by the police. The fact that we dont have that shows that on top of a police problem we have a race problem as well.

And you can NOT solve one without solving the other to fix the police issue you need to fix the racial issues on the police forces. you need to crack down on racists in these professions and really the only way to solve it is to fire them.