Wow, the nemesis crown sure looks like some extremely overpowered mechanic incentivizing solo-unit stacks.

I can see myself putting it on Karl and stacking his army with hellfire-rocket batteries.
    Perhaps a unit or 2 of reiksguard next to it; just to ensure any astray enemy units that might go for the batteries also get picked off.

All this talk and rumours of trouble have got me a bit worried the lizardmen will never get the overhaul they need. It's only been 7 years now and it hasn't been touched, while some races are up to their second or third overhaul.

Not going to complain about their roster, but their core racial mechanics have been poor since release and are easily in the bottom 3 of the worst ones around.

Good to see Nurgle get fixed. Papa Nurgle needs to spread his love.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    It's always such a coinflip with them. Usually the Dwarfs don't last very long in my games save for maybe Ungrim, but in my current Chaos Dwarf campaign Thorgrim and Ungrim are strength number 3 and 4 respectively, and only aren't higher because Malekith and Settra blew up at like 25-30 settlements each by turn 65. I'm getting pretty nervous because I need to get rid of Ghorst before the Dawitide comes to take my grudges.
    It's 100% dependent on who waaaghs them first.
    They can't survive the Waaagh.

I'm actually playing with mods that makes minor factions as strong as legendary lords (with all the auto-battle benefits they get etc) for quite a while now...
    Now every minor orc faction can Waaagh too, but the minor Dwarf factions are actually useful now and Barak Var and Karag Azul are turning into powerhouses holding them back. And the Border Princess usually manage to defend themselves as well and support them with multiple army stacks.

Quite a fun experience when a "minor" faction can now take over the world.

In standard play, I usually don't see the dwarfs leaving their mountain range, ever.
    The funniest thing is, I'm quite sure that the Slayer King is "Trait: protective" and rarely expands, even against orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Wow, the nemesis crown sure looks like some extremely overpowered mechanic incentivizing solo-unit stacks.

I can see myself putting it on Karl and stacking his army with hellfire-rocket batteries.
    Perhaps a unit or 2 of reiksguard next to it; just to ensure any astray enemy units that might go for the batteries also get picked off.
    not to mention that with a regeneration item or potion of healing you basically never have to replenish anyone.
    Now.... does Empie actually have Life Wizards? I can't remember but my memory says no. That would obviously be an auto include there as well.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2024-04-18 at 06:28 AM.

Get the sword of khaine to go with the crowd for truly terrifying results.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    not to mention that with a regeneration item or potion of healing you basically never have to replenish anyone.
    Now.... does Empie actually have Life Wizards? I can't remember but my memory says no. That would obviously be an auto include there as well.
    They are called "jade wizards". They were introduced back in WH1 as a free DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Get the sword of khaine to go with the crowd for truly terrifying results.
    Is the sword worth getting, I've heard the drawbacks pretty much outweigh the benefits which is why I never bothered (note I almost exclusively play Morathi, Sisters of twilight or The Everqueen.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Is the sword worth getting, I've heard the drawbacks pretty much outweigh the benefits which is why I never bothered (note I almost exclusively play Morathi, Sisters of twilight or The Everqueen.)
    As far as standard factions go, the sword is for trolling around with one man army builds, so it's really only good for characters like Tyrion. It's also never optimal, but you can get away with it even on legendary difficulty.

Also good for horde factions, since they don't care for corruption and public order, so there are no real drawbacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Beastman + SoK is hilarious

Looks like there is a upgrade in the amethyst Armory that upgrades hellstorm batteries to fire mini purple suns among other things. Going to be fun : D

Not sure if i go empire or dwarfs first dwarfs look very fun too and Malakai Makaisson is starting with gotrek and felix plus they are both proper legendary heroes now. He also get access to legendary hero Ulrika for some magic, she was Felix lover once in the books.

Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2024-04-18 at 10:48 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Nice to see they actually started to put some work in their DLCs again. Probably won't buy it though. At this stage new factions do nothing for me anymore. The game has more than 100 lords and I haven't played with at least 60 of them. Also the past year of lacking updates has kinda soured my mood about this game. The only thing that would really interest me at this point would be patch notes similar to this:
    • After 10 years we finally fixed the gate bug
    • Units won't randomly drop targets anymore
    • Fixed LoS for range units
    • Fixed cavalry not disengaging because a single unit got stuck
    • Fix single unit hit boxes (when 2 lords just dance around each other)

And the chances for that happening are non existant. If they could fix it they probably would have done it by now. Not doing any engine improvements for WH3 was a giant missed opportunity.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2024-04-20 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Nice to see they actually started to put some work in their DLCs again. Probably won't buy it though. At this stage new factions do nothing for me anymore. The game has more than 100 lords and I haven't played with at least 60 of them. Also the past year of lacking updates has kinda soured my mood about this game. The only thing that would really interest me at this point would be patch notes similar to this:
    • After 10 years we finally fixed the gate bug
    • Units won't randomly drop targets anymore
    • Fixed LoS for range units
    • Fixed cavalry not disengaging because a single unit got stuck
    • Fix single unit hit boxes (when 2 lords just dance around each other)

And the chances for that happening are non existant. If they could fix it they probably would have done it by now. Not doing any engine improvements for WH3 was a giant missed opportunity.
    I don't think the gate bug can ever be fixed without redoing the animations of most monsters in the game, which they obviously will never do. But it's why I always bring artillery to destroy walls if I can, or wait for a ram since it's one of the few things that reliably destroy the stupid gates.

The dropping targets bug I found to be very rare since Immortal Empire, personally. And cavalry getting stuck is endemic to how mass works; to fix it you'd need to give them so much mass that they bowl over anything effortlessly like chariots in Troy and that would just end up being silly.

They wouldn't do major engine rewrites for game 3, given that it needed to be compatible with all the content of games 1 and 2. I do agree they need a new engine. Rumor is they are making a new one for WW1/40K games, but that is to be taken with a massive pile of salt. I hope so, because Warscape really has run its course.

Also, man the Thunderbarge is hilariously busted. Aside from outright bugged stuff like Hellebron deleting every unit she got in melee with when she was released, I don't remember seeing something that OP, especially with how it plays itself with almost 0 micro required and has a stupidly efficient speed boost to boot. The only way to lose it is to basically walk into an entire army's worth of firepower like a drunk fool. I don't know how armies like Slaanesh, Ogres, Nurgle or Tomb Kings can ever counter this thing.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    They wouldn't do major engine rewrites for game 3, given that it needed to be compatible with all the content of games 1 and 2. I do agree they need a new engine. Rumor is they are making a new one for WW1/40K games, but that is to be taken with a massive pile of salt. I hope so, because Warscape really has run its course.
    Hard to judge how much impact certain fixes would have had on the compatibility with 1 and 2. But I agree that they really need to change engine. I hope they also take a hard look at their game design with the next project. IMHO the games got streamlined so much, that they started to feel shallow.