Rest Talent EotE vs EM

for Mythic raiding is it preference or is one definitely better. Im unsure because EM can be used with HHT but i also have 4set and EotE synergy and 2 spirit links both have benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragdorr View Post
    for Mythic raiding is it preference or is one definitely better. Im unsure because EM can be used with HHT but i also have 4set and EotE synergy and 2 spirit links both have benefits.
    More often than not you will see people who spec EM macro it to Healing Tide Totem and forget about even having it. This is incredibly inefficient as youre losing potential uptime on it. Hasted HTTs usually result in more overhealing rather than actual effective healing. The only difference is when the raid is taking considerably heavy damage for the duration of the whole Totem.

Generally speaking all the talents in that row perform very close to each other and you should take whichever you feel most comfortably playing with. The only exception to this is an encounter that takes advantage of having a second SLT charge available.

TL;DR Take whichever you're comfortable playing with. Personally I run Echo on almost every encounter. I like the playstyle and having a second SLT can be clutch.
    Resto/Ele Shaman Main - Raider for Temerity of Windrunner[A] 13/13M
    Twitter- Twitch - Disc/Holy Priest Alt - MM/BM Hunter Alt
    Always reachable via Twitter for questions, so feel free to bug me.

They're similar overall. Much of EM's potential is wasted if you only use it with HTT, but if you alternate using it with HTT and Asc or on its own depending on what's coming off cooldown next, it's not a bad talent. You can also use it with the 4T17 proc for a burst of cheap healing, but that's very unreliable.

I personally use EotE for everything, as the extra Riptide casts add up to quite a lot of extra healing (nom nom High Tide). The extra Spirit Links are also very handy on some fights, and getting double Unleash sprints is convenient. The double Lava Bursts also come in handy if you ever need to help out on DPS, like on Blast Furnace elementalists, as they actually hit quite hard. But mostly EotE just feels better.

Overall it's the best balanced talent tier we have, and the only one where all three talents see serious endgame use (except the totem tier, I guess, but only because all three of those talents are so weak that no one cares).
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.