Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy [US] Popeye's Store Fires Pregent woman over Arm robbery!

Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Women breaks policy, gets fired. Whats the problem?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    She violated their rules by having to much cash laying around. Pay or Gtfo.

OK i misread the article, she was fired because they wanted her to pay the stolen money, but it wasnt her fault. A gun was to her head.

Story has already been updated to show they apologised and offered her her job back.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Women breaks policy, gets fired. Whats the problem?
    I can't imagine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    She violated their rules by having to much cash laying around. Pay or Gtfo.
    Yeah, because Popeye's is going to take this woman to court to get 400 bucks out of her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    They offered her job back as well as 2k back pay.

That's odd. But I can see how its possible. When I was a teenager at my first job I had one of my registers stolen from. I was surprised when my manager at the time got in more trouble than me for not doing a "pick-up" of excessive cash in the drawer.

That said, Popeyes has zero right to go after her for the stolen money and should be ashamed of themselves for even attempting that.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    I have a feeling this is a race bait thread.
    What?

This isn't uncommon, for people to get in trouble over how they act with robers. For instance many stores have a policy to not give chase since if you get injured, it'll cost them.

In this case she wasn't following store policy in the first place. A policy thats there because of situations where money is stolen. Damn near any business has a policy of not keeping to much in your drawer and she broke that very simple, very widespread rule.

It doesn't matter if she's pregnant, it doesn't matter if she's a woman. She broke the rules and should have been punished for it.

$400 really isn't that much when split between 2-3 registers including the drive-thru, especially during lunch or dinner rush, and given that these tills usually start with $90-100 just in change. If she had stopped after every 5-10 customers to empty the registers during rush hours, then she would have been criticized for leaving a line of customers waiting.

Also, these franchises have insurance policies for just such an event, so it sounds like a manager was hoping to line their pockets in asking her to repay the stolen money.
    Last edited by AndaliteBandit; 2015-04-23 at 04:13 AM.

Such feminist bait. Her pregnancy isn't relevant one bit.

So, a "pregent" woman stole someone's arm?

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Do you guys see feminists under every rug?

Pregnancy is relevant in the whole "pregnant woman fired by insensitive boss" angle, which is why it's in the newspaper. Certainly goes to how callous the employer was. Regardless of whether you think it's relevant or not, it has nothing to do with feminism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Most places aren't going to hire a pregnant woman who's going to need to take maternity leave soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    They offered her job back as well as 2k back pay.
    You know, at first, I was thinking "yeah, but who'd want to go back to work for a company like that?", and then I decided, screw that. I would take that job back immediately. I'd hold that shit over their heads for as long as I was a part of that company.

She should take her old job back and then look elsewhere. I've worked for shitty places but if they offered me $2k and I had nothing else going on I'd take em up on it then find something else. It's pretty retarded to not accept the apology and move on with your life. I still don't understand why this woman would even think twice about it when she has children to take care of?
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2015-04-23 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Pregnancy is relevant in the whole "pregnant woman fired by insensitive boss" angle, which is why it's in the newspaper. Certainly goes to how callous the employer was. Regardless of whether you think it's relevant or not, it has nothing to do with feminism.
    Of course it has to do with feminism, they'll be rioting outside the shop by tomorrow night. That's why they include it in the title.

It's how to start a shitstorm 101

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Pregnant or not no employee should have to pay the store back for a robbery unless obviously they stole the money.

Is that the class you took that taught you to voice opinions like this?

Yes, definitely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course it has to do with feminism, they'll be rioting outside the shop by tomorrow night. That's why they include it in the title.

The women are coming for us! Hide before the matriarchy kicks in at full effect and spike TV becomes the Lifetime Movie channel 2!
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

It's increasingly common to use registers that lockdown after X amount of money has been put into them so that you can't continue until a manager has come to do a drop.

If they're that concerned about it, they can use some of the insurance payout from the robbery to invest in some.

PS: There's no apostrophe in the name of the chain because the founder didn't have enough money to buy one for the sign originally. Fun fact.
    Last edited by stumpy; 2015-04-23 at 04:40 AM.