Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

‘Killing Jews is Worship’ posters will soon appear on NYC subways and buses.

New Yorkers are used to aggressive advertising. Banners for breast implants. Billboards for condoms. But a federal judge’s ruling has opened the door for far more controversial posters on buses and subways across the city.

“Killing Jews is Worship that draws us close to Allah,” reads one such ad next to the image of a young man in a checkered headscarf. “That’s His Jihad. What’s yours?”

The poster is at the center of heated legal debate over public safety and free speech. On Tuesday, U.S. District Judge John Koeltl ruled that New York’s Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) cannot stop the controversial ad from running on scores of subway cars and buses.

The MTA has argued that the ad could incite violence against Jews, but Koeltl rejected that idea.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...ses/?tid=hp_mm
    http://pamelageller.com/2015/04/brea...-granted.html/

Free speech right? Or only if it doesn't offend you?
    Last edited by lockedout; 2015-04-23 at 03:38 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't Jews also the same people that believe they are a chosen people that are better than all other Humans and regularly murder just as many Muslims with their bombings trying to "reclaim" a place of worship? It kind of seems like a pot calling the Kettle black situation.

Either way I have no love for either side. Hypocrits and Hate-mongering on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Aren't Jews also the same people that believe they are a chosen people that are better than all other Humans and regularly murder just as many Muslims with their bombings trying to "reclaim" a place of worship? It kind of seems like a pot calling the Kettle black situation.

Either way I have no love for either side. Hypocrits and Hate-mongering on both.
    Don't forget this was done by Jews not Arabs.

Incite violence against jews? Offensive! Tear it down!

Incite violence against muslims? Patriotism! Free speech!

Anything can be harmful when taken to an extreme. Even moderation.

Yes, because I'm sure so many Jews (specifically) live in fear of jihadists in NYC.

It's free speech. Doesn't stop it from being stupid speech.

Semi-serious answer: Does that mean people who believe killing Muslims bring them closer to the Christian God get an ad too?

Serious answer: Oh it's going to be fascinating in New York for a while.

True. Basically religions are violent evil things. Is what you will get from reading any history book.

With a few exceptions here and there.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meaux View Post
    Incite violence against muslims? Patriotism! Free speech!
    In Australia pointing out any of the shortcomings of the Islamic religions leaves you labelled as a Bigot/Racist(lolreligionisaracenow?) or Islamaphobic.

The fact it is getting to a point where you can't criticize people without being bumrushed by the Social Justice Police leads me to believe that Society will collapse on itself soon enough.

Hmm.. free speech is a nice thing, but when it is used to preach hatred it goes too far - and this is coming from a guy that thinks islam is currently the worst of the major religions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't even remember the last time I read an ad on the subway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine this ad will have the intended effect. Like, just makes me dislike the organization that paid for it and what they stand for. I hate bigoted hate.

In Australia pointing out any of the shortcomings of the Islamic religions leaves you labelled as a Bigot/Racist(lolreligionisaracenow?) or Islamaphobic.

The fact it is getting to a point where you can't criticize people without being bumrushed by the Social Justice Police leads me to believe that Society will collapse on itself soon enough.
    To be fair, usually the same is said if you criticize Israel. You get labeled the same + Nazi, just for mentioning the fact that Israel isn't exactly behaving nice. And all of a sudden you supposedly hate all jews or some crap like that, to the point where some people immediatly have to organize counter measures in form of marches for solidarity, because they fear to be labeled the same by proxy. Sometimes the reactions of people are just hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    To be fair, usually the same is said if you criticize Israel. You get labeled the same + Nazi, just for mentioning the fact that Israel isn't exactly behaving nice. And all of a sudden you supposedly hate all jews or some crap like that, to the point where some people immediatly have to organize counter measures in form of marches for solidarity, because they fear to be labeled the same by proxy. Sometimes the reactions of people are just hilarious.
    It seems in Australia, Jews are much easier to criticize. Our media isn't as "owned" by Jews as many other countries. I "could" walk down the street and say "Fuck jews" and not much would really happen. Though if I said "Fuck Islam" people would get their panties in a twist and start preaching at me about Islamaphobia.

Not saying I would do either, just that it seems Islam has got a much bigger free pass at not being criticized in Aus than Jews.

Really no point. Such a silly ad won't change any opinions on either side. If you don't already believe in such notions, you won't take it seriously. If you actually buy into stuff like this, it won't inform you of anything you haven't already heard of. Let them do what they want with it, don't understand what the fuss is all about.

Religion is fucking stupid and so is this Judge and everyone involved that's allowing that ad to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn probably one of the most brutal signs I've ever seen.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Just going to pre-emptively warn everyone that if this thread turns into religious debate at any point it's getting closed.

FYI this ad is put up by Jewish people to show how ridiculous Hamas is, not by some Muslim group in support of killing Jewish people.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Just going to pre-emptively warn everyone that if this thread turns into religious debate at any point it's getting closed.
    How the buck are we supposed to ignore religion when the add has fucking jihad and jews in it?

Jeez.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    FYI this ad is put up by Jewish people to show how ridiculous Hamas is, not by some Muslim group in support of killing Jewish people.
    They should use sarcasm codes.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Yes, because I'm sure so many Jews (specifically) live in fear of jihadists in NYC.

It's free speech. Doesn't stop it from being stupid speech.
    yeah... its not like terrorists that fundamentally hate Jewish people are flying planes into buildings or anyth...