Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Tons of hunters or is it just me ?

Noticed this before but yesterday was the cherry on the top.
    Did 4 lfrs, none of them had les than 5 hunters, and the most ive seen is 11.
    All i see on my Recount is green
    Is everyone making hunters nowdays or wat ?

It does seem like the flavor of the month class. I've had mine since BC but deer god every tom dick and douchebag is rolling them now
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    1. Only ranged class that works for casual pvp. All other ranged have to stick to 3v3 if they don't want to be shrekt by melee, courtesy of Holinka (the best pvp dev ever).
    2. Low skill cap. Doesn't have some complicated rotation or gimmicks. BM in particular is utter faceroll and I play a hunter too.
    3. Only class in the game that appeals to bow users and ranged assassins.

It's not really fotm. In 1v1 and wpvp a hunter can and will make short work of any melee bar feral druid and rogue, however it will lose to almost all ranged classes bar mage (which sucks against hunter because it's squishy and has no survivability whatsoever), particularly to balance druid and shadow priest, which counter hunter 100%.

Still because of points 1-3, it's a very popular class.
    Last edited by mmocdb096be3da; 2015-04-23 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ever present View Post
    1. Only ranged class that works for casual pvp. All other ranged have to stick to 3v3 if they don't want to be shrekt by melee, courtesy of Holinka (the best pvp dev ever).
    2. Low skill cap. Doesn't have some complicated rotation or gimmicks. BM in particular is utter faceroll and I play a hunter too.
    Let's say it's the only class that can afk autoshot in LFR and still produce the same dps than other people actually pushing random buttons.

It's not really fotm. In 1v1 and wpvp a hunter can and will make short work of any melee bar feral druid and rogue, however it will lose to almost all ranged classes bar mage (which sucks against hunter because it's squishy and has no survivability whatsoever), particularly to balance druid and shadow priest, which counter hunter 100%.

People still pvp ?
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    Noticed this in WoD , on my paladin i need more than 4 bars because i have 147 abilities and need 1426 macros and stuff (as prot/holy), and then compare destrution with demo for warlocks, as destro you spam 2 buttons, and when you change to demo you're like WTF IS THIS CLUSTERF**K ?
    I really dont get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wythel View Post
    Let's say it's the only class that can afk autoshot in LFR and still produce the same dps than other people actually pushing random buttons.
    If that happens, the hunter is super geared or the other guys are scrubs. Sorry, not giving this one to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitchen View Post
    Noticed this before but yesterday was the cherry on the top.
    Did 4 lfrs, none of them had les than 5 hunters, and the most ive seen is 11.
    All i see on my Recount is green
    Is everyone making hunters nowdays or wat ?
    There's been too many hunters since the first day they opened up the game. It's a popular class in most games, it's a relatively easy class for newbies, there's hordes of kids running around who want to "Pew pew" like Legolas, and right now they're FOTM in PvP, and strong in raiding.

I've never been able to get one over level 20, but that's me. Like warriors and DKs, they're just not my thing. I know that good hunters are amazing characters, but they just don't grab me. Plus, hunters get treated badly automatically because of the huntard thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    There's been too many hunters since the first day they opened up the game. It's a popular class in most games, it's a relatively easy class for newbies, there's hordes of kids running around who want to "Pew pew" like Legolas, and right now they're FOTM in PvP, and strong in raiding.

I've never been able to get one over level 20, but that's me. Like warriors and DKs, they're just not my thing. I know that good hunters are amazing characters, but they just don't grab me. Plus, hunters get treated badly automatically because of the huntard thing.
    been playing on and off since vanilla, and this isnt the case, the only time ive seen a similar situation is during Firelands/DS with the legendary staff and mages, and the rogues when the legendary daggers came

Hunters are the most played class in the game, and have been for a while, but, seeing Blizzard in their infinite wisdom (LOL) decided to nerf the shit out of every other ranged classes mobility (mages are ok...sorta) everyone wants to be a Hunter because they can move and do their full rotation with out dropping DPS - they are also one of the top dps atm... kinda stupid on Blizzard's part really allowing them to keep full mobility and be top dps... anyway, they are only penalized for moving if they have Lonewolf...

The rotation is pretty simple too...

Well considering hunters are simply superior to every other ranged class, the only class without a mechanical weakness, it should be little wonder why so many people are playing one. Nevermind the fact that they were already immensely popular due to the theme, and probably the most unique class left.

Deleted
    I'm going to start leveling up a hunter in pvp soon :P And a dk.
    I have spriest main, a mage on the way to 100, but won't pvp max lvl anymore this xpac due to world of meleecraft. So I thought I roll a hunter and a dk to level in pvp, perhaps some other classes too if time allows.

Don't forget that every girls starts a Nelf or Belf hunter. Maybe a priest. And they have pets that you can collect! Also i would say i saw an increase with WoD, maybe because ppl realized hunters are good for many bossfights (speaking of pve at least)

Quote Originally Posted by Trimshadow View Post
    Hunters are the most played class in the game, and have been for a while, but, seeing Blizzard in their infinite wisdom (LOL) decided to nerf the shit out of every other ranged classes mobility (mages are ok...sorta) everyone wants to be a Hunter because they can move and do their full rotation with out dropping DPS - they are also one of the top dps atm... kinda stupid on Blizzard's part really allowing them to keep full mobility and be top dps... anyway, they are only penalized for moving if they have Lonewolf...

Lonewolf has nothing to do with mobility. The only things affecting mobility is markmanship's mastery and the focusing shot talent.

But I can totally see where you are getting at with gutted mobility. I really loved my elemental shaman when it could cast lightning bolt on the move. It was my most geared alt during Pandaria, until the patch hit that took the mobility away. One of my semi geared alts is my druid that I use to farm Valanyr, Tarecgosa's Wrath and Sulfuras. It's currently balance (starfall is nice for old content) and I hate the cast time of starfire. Getting knocked back halfway into casts sucks.

If I said it before, I'll say it again, we need another class that uses ranged weaponry.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

To add to this list:

4. Only ranged class that can have good dps and be completely mobile (i.e. attack while moving). Every other ranged class requires significant time standing still (higher skill requirement) to cast anything meaningful. Even if you choose skills / MM with some static casts, they are far less onerous than the other ranged classes.

Hunter has always been this way (I've played hunter as either a main or a primary alt since Vanilla). The primary difference with this expansion is the heavy movement fights have cut out players who play other ranged classes casually. The other difference is point number 2 above for this expansion.

If that happens, the hunter is super geared or the other guys are scrubs. Sorry, not giving this one to you.
    Auto shot AND barrage. Lean a book on your tilday key that's bound to barrage /win
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    It's not you. They are everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trimshadow View Post

a. Every spec in game is easy to play, not so easy to master - WoL shows that very nicely.
    b. How does LW stop you from moving lol?

Deleted
    Hunters were one of the most played classes ever since vanilla and it never changed.