Mythic Hanz and Franz

Hey everyone,

So my guild is currently struggling on Hanz and Franz, specifically on the stamper phase. 3-6 people consistently get pulverized during this phase and no matter how many times we explain things, how to avoid it... etc. It doesn't seem to help.

So I am wondering if maybe there is another way to do this phase that we just missed? Currently we are all standing as a group and move away from the orange glow and into a safe area. Is there an alternate strat we could use for people that just can't avoid a simple mechanic.

Thanks!

Call out movement sooner to allow more room for error in positioning.

Edit: and if you mean the 55-40% segment, have 2 groups near center each near plate corner, minor strafing then allows avoidance.
    Last edited by Roggendorf; 2015-04-23 at 07:01 PM.
    Mage | Paladin | Officer of <Strawberry Puppy Kisses> | A Discordian is Prohibited of Believing what he reads.

You have to move very early on that phase to catch up with your previous stampers before they've gone back up, call for movement slightly earlier as Roggen said. As long as you're not running out of floor you'll be fine.

The pattern stampers for some of our raiders were almost too much, and it took us longer than it should have to get the kill. Eventually, you learn the patterns and it becomes muscle memory - but there are some good shots of the patterns here.

If it's the Smart Stampers, that's just discipline. I'd suggest an addon like Hansgar and Franzok Assist found here. It also has a tool that helps keep you safe on the non-moving strips between belts.

Quick edit: If you have one group all standing together, you run the risk of stacking the Shattered Vertebrae debuff too high. I'd recommend splitting the group between melee and ranged to keep this debuff and its damage more manageable.

Stand in the middle row of stompers, you'll never get a pattern then that you can't avoid with just moving within the 4 closest stompers to you. We split up our melee and ranged groups so that we would avoid getting too many stacks of the debuff during that phase. We saved hero, pots and made everyone have all their CDS available as we pushed to that phase. Also if only 3 people die there you honestly aren't in bad shape for a kill with 17 up.

I'd really just emphasize to your raid that you need to stay alive, I know it's stupid, but make it a priority. Once you move use the lane that isn't pushing you back to run back to the "safe" spot ASAP, don't get off another cast, run back. It doesn't matter how long you stay in that phase as long as you are alive. Dots are still ticking, hunters still doing dmg, etc you will get out of it sooner or later.

Deleted
    During regular stamper phase. We have noticed that we could stand in on the strips in between the belts.
    If the part on your right for example gets a stamper on it. You can stand on the left side of the strip without being hit. Try it out on LFR to see if you understand what I mean since I find it pretty hard to explain without having pictures etc ready.

But those strips you can use to stand on if you just move to the sides of it. If you got any questions just inbox me and I'll see if i can show you in game through a stream or something

Thanks everyone for the tips, took a combination of all of them to get the boss down tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Helmine View Post
    During regular stamper phase. We have noticed that we could stand in on the strips in between the belts.
    If the part on your right for example gets a stamper on it. You can stand on the left side of the strip without being hit.
    Try it out on LFR to see if you understand what I mean since I find it pretty hard to explain without having pictures etc ready.

But those strips you can use to stand on if you just move to the sides of it. If you got any questions just inbox me and I'll see if i can show you in game through a stream or something
    Yes, you can and it can be very effective. However from my personal exp, this caused people to get stamped more than anything else. The fine line between One shot and Safe when staying on the middle row was not worth the risk. We also found when we blew hero and our character models got larger the dance on the middle strip got harder to judge. It was simply safer to move onto a belt to ensure you were in a safe zone.

What helped me the most... while it may be obvious... the stamper will not hit the same location twice in a row.. so you always know your next safe spot will be where the current stamper just hit. Knowing where your going before the floor starts to glow helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a couple of stack points that are deemed to be pretty safe - they're right at the intersection of 4 stampers on the non-moving border (middle of the conveyors on either end of the room). What I found really works well is if you "double-tap" your movement keys, that will take you from one edge of the border to the other - and out of harms way. The key is really minimizing the movement. And once you know that patterns you'll just start to think, "double-tap down, strafe left, strafe right, double-tap down strafe right, etc."

The other thing you can consider is casting lust for the dumb stampers to get from 55%-40% and out of there as quickly as possible. Ultimately, people just need to learn how to dance and for some they figured it out in heroic, for others it will take them 50 more tries.

There are two spots where you literally only ever need to move forward and backward. Not even strafe left or right. (As long as you stay on the edge of the railing in the first place). I have no idea what the actual patterns are; it's really easy to just react to what's about to come down as long as you're in the right spot.

In my experience people die either because: They're too scared to stand on the edge of the railings and instead run around like maniacs during the dumb stamper phase, or they just aren't very good (or are lagging) and will do stuff like over-correct a movement and die.

Deleted
    I used to die a lot because I kept hitting the stamper which just hit the ground. My strategy was to hide in the place where it just hit, cuz it wont be hit again, but I would always go too soon EXECUTUS. So I'd hit it on the way up, which is kind of counter intuitive.

Deleted
    Ah Soulzar, our raid group havent had that much trouble from it. But yes, if the raidgroup is having trouble with it then it might be easier for them to do it that way

Deleted
    Just get those who fail to stop DPS'ing during that phase and focus soley on surviving. Pop hero for the non retards who can actually move from stuff and have them carry the phase.

A sub optimal Heroism is worth it to push through the phase. The last stamper phase is super easy since the belts do not move... If people fail on that one then remove them from the raid team.