View Poll Results: Do you feel fast food is...

Voters
83. This poll is closed
  • Healthy

13 15.66%
  • Unhealthy

70 84.34%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    My most prudent research can't find it, could you point me to the evidence?.
    I could but I'm not going to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Also, literally everything is made of chemicals. Seriously. When people say something has chemicals I roll my eyes.

If I got a 6 inch wheat bread chicken sandwich with all the veggies, no cheese, and mustard at Subway, would that still be unquestionably unhealthy? Sure you could up with something even better, but at that point it gets silly. That sandwich isn't the problem.
    Chemicals as in they aren't forced to tell consumers.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

It depends on the fast food, also whether or not you are fat as well as your body's ability to regulate bodyfat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Sugar,salt, food perservatives, fat all if which Contribute to increased hunger and obesity, elevated levels if cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes and cancer.
    Salt, sugar, preservatives and fat sounds like things you'd find in any kind of food.
    Are you telling me they put normal stuff into food?

Is this something similar to those chemicals that make rain be wet and may cause drowning?.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Salt, sugar, preservatives and fat sounds like things you'd find in any kind of food.
    Are you telling me they put normal stuff into food?

Is this something similar to those chemicals that make rain be wet and may cause drowning?.
    Well chemicals that are known and unknown to have an effect on manipulating someone to eat more, eat something they aren't told what it really is.

When I said fast food I was thinking 'fast food' like McDonalds, Burger King, etc. A local place that has 1-2 buildings isn't usually fast food per say.

Also I am not saying Fast Food is healthy or unhealthy as I understand life style choices go into it (not exercising, over eating, etc) and I know the chemical side of it as well. I just have to give a boring speech on something this will work better then my original topic.

Again thanks for all the responses to the poll helps me a lot!

In the most generic sense it's unhealthy on average, but it's certainly not as bad as many of the rabid internet types like to make it out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chemicals as in they aren't forced to tell consumers.
    Seriously stop using the word chemical like it's a scary word. It makes you sound ignorant. My foot is made up of chemicals. The couch I'm sitting on is made up of chemicals. Are you suggesting there are toxins in the food that they don't need to tell customers about? Well, that would be much scarier to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Generally unhealthy. Healthy options exist, but the goal of the corporations isn't healthy food, its cheap, fast and available food in quantity. No place that sees it's product as healthy offers 32 and 48 oz of soda. The food all contains a seriously high amount of preservatives that don't generate a true health benefit.

When you ask a question such as this and you don't define what you mean by the terms healthy and unhealthy you are generating a bias poll or an uninformed poll both of which don't lead to the answer you are actually looking for. My assumption is you topic is going to be what the general publics opinion is on fast food healthy or unhealthy and you are either going to disprove this common thought or expound upon how the common thought is wrong and dangerous. Or just generally comment on the public, but I doubt that is the topic. So define and we'll give you a better answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Moderation and it can be healthy.
    Eating something in moderation doesn't magically make it healthy.

Seriously stop using the word chemical like it's a scary word. It makes you sound ignorant. My foot is made up of chemicals. The couch I'm sitting on is made up of chemicals. Are you suggesting there are toxins in the food that they don't need to tell customers about? Well, that would be much scarier to me!
    Your fun semantics moment there also applies to toxins. As all chemicals are toxic, its just the amount of toxicity that makes it bad. Toxin is not the bad word the world pretends it is or uses it for. Water is a toxin.

Well chemicals that are known and unknown to have an effect on manipulating someone to eat more, eat something they aren't told what it really is.
    I'll take that as a "yes". To both my questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Your fun semantics moment there also applies to toxins. As all chemicals are toxic, its just the amount of toxicity that makes it bad. Toxin is not the bad word the world pretends it is or uses it for. Water is a toxin.
    Fair enough.

This seems appropriate:

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anti GMO or on some organic kick. Chemicals is me saying unidentified substances and I'm not making unfounded accusation of intend. Just saying I think it's unhealthy based on it's impact. Nobody is being asked to agree by me if you like it enjoy your meal.

I am not sure why is it just fast food? I am not sure most items on your regular menu is healthy even salads unless you eat them with no dressing or vinegar? Most people only consider mcdicks, a and w, dairy queen fast food, but are they the only fast food out there?

I am sure that plate of ribs, with fries and gravy, buns/garlic toast, all you can eat soup and drinks are not the greatest for you? I know people who go to Timmies every morning get their large coffee, bagel toasted with cream cheese and then 3 more coffees during the day or the people who go to the local restaurant and eat the lumberjack special with 4 of everything for 14$. I don't think it can be limited to just fast food or is fast food in this instance anything you don't make yourself at home?

Deleted
    In this thread: "This food contains 150% of your daily salt intake and increases probability of cardiovascular diseases and colon malignancies, but it is not unhealthy."

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    Fast food is unhealthy period.
    Sushi is also a fast food.

Most of the things on your typical fast food menu are relatively unhealthy, but they are no more unhealthy than if you made the same item at home yourself.

Well like McDonalds puts a lot of preservatives into their stuff. We've seen the effects of this with burgers and fries that won't mold/decompose. The poll is going the way I thought it would, but I'm still trying to stay 'impartial' so as to not sway the results. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    In this thread: "This food contains 150% of your daily salt intake and increases probability of cardiovascular diseases and colon malignancies, but it is not unhealthy."

Sushi is also a fast food.
    In this post: Generalizations and exaggerations to make everyone look stupid while following it up with naming a food you can get fast as opposed to what is commonly accepted as Western "fast food".

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Well like McDonalds puts a lot of preservatives into their stuff. We've seen the effects of this with burgers and fries that won't mold/decompose. The poll is going the way I thought it would, but I'm still trying to stay 'impartial' so as to not sway the results. :P
    They didn't mold/decompose because they dried out. They're salty and they dried out. We've been preserving all sorts of foods this exact way for thousands of years.