Thread: Just Curious

Just Curious

Are you all happy with the current state of PvP? Do you feel its better or worse than MoP, which was considered a disasterous PvP xpac.

My personal opinion. I feel PvP over the last 2 xpacs have sunk into the darkest place ive seen since playing this game. After MoP, i was more than ready to walk away from WoW for good. Then the talks of WoD began, and how good Ashran was supposed to be.

It was going to be like the isle but with more PvP objective and more PvP based rewards. Well im not going to elaborate into how badly that failed as most already know

Lately my new hatred for this Xpac has extended to que times. Last night alone i was on my Ally who i qued for a random BG 5minute Q. Switched to my horde 10 minute Q

So i logged off and unsubbed. I just cant take it anymore. Not only is PvP balance bad, nothing new was added to this xpac except a failed zone that most dont like, and even longer ques than we suffered through in MoP

No. Worse. I actually enjoyed PvPing in MoP even with how derpy that was too, but WoD I just can't stand it. Most of the time I just do casual 2s with a friend and every other team being Rdruid/BM Hunter just gets so boring.

As for why, well, they did a half-arsed job at removing spells for the PvP arms race; as much as I don't want a 5-button game, you can't remove half of the CC and utility and leave the others to be able to do things like endlessly CC chain (Mages & Druids are a good example) with no setup at all. As much as 2s doesn't mean anything, Rdruid/Hunter are an easy example of how silly this is atm.

As a [Sub] Rogue, to do well you spend a lot of your time getting restealths which is fine. What's not fine is having something like Faerie Fire in the game that not only stops you using the thing your class revolves around, but also the abilities tied to it. Not to mention the 50% slow, the talent that everyone picks vs melee, which has no DR and can be cast instantly from ranged. Abilities that counter a specific class are just silly imo, but then again I've been a Rogue forever, so I may be slightly bias.

They will never be able to balance WoW's PvP I know that, but things that counter specific classes are just silly. Things like being able to have a pet do all your work for you (BM Hunter) whilst you play stay-away, Deep Insight Killing Spree, or endless CC/Mobility are all silly.

I'm hoping the few changes that I saw in the patchnotes that make abilities do reduced damage to enemy players will help at least a bit in terms of burst, but it still doesn't change things like not being able to hit a Druid due to Clone x3 (10.5s) Roots x3 (14s) Stun/Roar (4s) Faerie Fire (∞); finally waddled up to them? jk Displacer whilst being essentially immune to slows/roots/Poly. We need mechanic changes too.

It'd be great if we could, for example, but some classes CC (those that are on different DRs or spell-schools preferably) on the same talent row. E.g. Polymorph OR Ring of Frost. Entangling Roots OR Cyclone. Sap OR Kidney Shot.

Again they're obviously just examples and wouldn't work without changes elsewhere, like interrupts or whatever. But the point is it's ALL or NONE for the arms race cutting.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2015-04-23 at 10:49 PM.

I personally feel it's worse. I used to enjoy doing BGs from time to time and even doing 2v2s for Conquest wasn't that 'bad.' But the changes to healers has driven me from doing PVP as I was a PVP healer since Vanilla. And the constant rolling changes to Ashran making it go from eh to not worth entering has meant, for me, the biggest PVP 'thing' isn't even worth touching.

no, pvp has steadiy gone down hill since wrath ended. casterclysm began wow pvps decline, altho i do prefer wod atm then all of mop, mostly becuz my class/spec isnt as bad.

I think wod is ok. I enjoy it better than mop just for the cc changes. God Comp or shattreeplay or whatever u wanna call it is a little over the top, but at least thats just one comp. glad they merged categories, specifically fear and cyclone. if they added sheep to the same dr i wouldnt be upset at all. I have always played a rogue and was leveling a dk at the end of mop, so i cant say i dislike playing 2 of the most op classes. Also found the time to lvl a ret, a lock, and a mage and gear them up relatively fast. My partners dont have the time to play atm because of getting married, getting deployed, or some other reason so ive been derping around the 1600 to 1700 rating 2s the past month with randoms from group finder. more fun than i thought id have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally speaking, I like WoD PvP better than MoP/Cata because of the improvement/reduction in crowd control. I can fight back now instead of being cc'ed to death without ever having any control.

Otherwise, it's as toxic as it ever was. Arenas and RBGs are a disaster. Rating in RBGs seems to be completely jacked up, even though they say they haven't changed anything. It's obvious to anyone who looks that *something* is not the same.

Lastly, botting is a big deal. A lot of the combat and kick bots are out there in force. Because they aren't 100 percent botting unattended, but using these things as "extras" to give them an edge, they are probably harder to catch, I get that. But I'm really, really tired of it. I'm tired of joining a pug RBG and hearing the people openly discuss their botting in Skype. So yeah, I know it's going on, and I wish it could be stopped.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a lot worse then mop. The game will always have balance issues, but wod is just BORING. The ability prune fucked up the game, it's not fun to play anymore.

Last season of MoP was pretty fun if you chose an interesting comp (i.e. not LSD and LSD2), and the Blizzcon tournament was one of the most exciting ones. I honestly liked it, but that was because I was a mage and it was probably one of the best expansions for them (because of alter time/temporal shield). There definitely was too much CC, but matches were pretty fast paced and people were just kinda used to it after 4 patches of the nonsense (that is partially why the last season of each xpac is *usually* its best).

In WoD, as far as a first-season-of-an-expansion goes, it was average. Killing spree and murder of crows made matches lame, but we had something gimmicky like that in every first season of every expansion (MoP: stampede, Cata: taste for blood warriors, Wrath: DKs (lol)). I'm just surprised they were so inactive in making changes throughout the season. The xpac has just begun and it already feels like the last season. And they pruned a lot of fun spells (especially for mage). As for 3's, mana is no longer a resource that healers need to worry about (until late dampening), which honestly made the first five or so minutes of a match pretty dull. I always liked that WoW arena jumped immediately into the action (vs. MoBA's with creeping/lvling and vs. RTS with building bases), but now it is pretty much expected that the game will go into dampening. I preferred when mana was the "dampening" mechanic, since it would punish a healer for being inefficient. I would even be fine with both. But as it stands, mana really isn't an issue and defensives are ample enough to extend the game until dampening.

But there was one great thing that came out of WoD: GCDTV! I love watching the tourneys, and I'm glad they happen so often. I just wish there were cooler things to do on an individual level--the game is still stimulating in terms of team strategizing, but what one does individually is pre-decided in a cookie-cutter fashion. So even though the tourneys are fun to watch, there aren't as many surprises.

Deleted
    Im in two minds about it. cata was such a disaster for hunters and in mop as an surv hunter I couldn't ever break a healers heals. I felt kinda useless and gave up towards the end and just messed about on alts. Wod for me has been a renewal and I've enjoyed some of the pvp like it was wrath again (my happy time). its still kinda messed up though. You really notice how skewed the balance is when you try other games then come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP is laughable, always has been. There are always going to be one or two flavors of the month that totally dominate, and then near the end of the expansion, they get nerfed and someone takes their place for the start of the next expansion. When they have to start throwing around blanket debuffs in PvP, you know there is a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I think it's the same as it has always been. Some things change slightly, but overall... the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofc I'm not happy with the current state. Not even because of the imbalance but simply because of how horribly boring it has become as well as the class changes that have absolutely butchered the playstyles of certain classes. Speaking primarily WW monk and frost mages. I also hate how crit and multistrike are reduced in effectiveness in PvP combat, weakening classes that heavily rely on them. I also hate how damn low damage is in comparison to hp pools. It was already bad enough in MoP but WoD is even worse.

Basically, for me, they completely butchered the game. Class mechanics, PvP mechanics and even fucking Dampening (yes, I hate dampening. instead of properly balancing your game they chose to introduce this horrible mechanic which favors certain comps to turtle all game).

Deleted
    it wont let me