View Poll Results: Do spoilers make any difference to you?

Voters
106. This poll is closed
  • Yes hate them ruin the experience

60 56.60%
  • Nope. Doesn't matter.

42 39.62%
  • Hell yes now I can't watch or read etc

0 0%
  • Nope. but time to unfriend or block someone

4 3.77%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Ofc I'll fix it.
    Thanks! 10 n stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I actually tend to enjoy things more if I've seen spoilers. I have a very low bullshit tolerance for movies and television, and even the faintest whiff of too clever by half, or a Shyamalan grade twist will get me to immediately turn it off.

I am absolutely no fun at parties.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't care less about spoilers really, I try to avoid them though but if something does get spoiled it's not the end of the World for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Story time: I love Star Wars. When Episode I came out, I was going overseas, and missed the premiere so I bought the book to read while on the flight and during the evening. When I came back I was very excited to see the movie and how XYZ was done in the movie. That was okay, but when episode II came out, I had read every spoiler, and seen every behind the scenes and everything, and it ruined the movie. So for episode III, I went on a media blackout for it and was pleasantly surprised when I watched the movie.

Now I try to limit my knowledge of movies as much as possible. Certain movies I don't care about, and ask if there are spoilers, and then if knowing them might ruin the movie or not. Sometimes I WANT to know a spoiler to decide if I even care to see the movie. So, I couldn't answer the poll because there wasn't a 'it depends' option.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really care, on more than one ocasion i started watching a show cause i saw a spoiler somewhere and thought "this looks like cool show/movie, i should check it out"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    I dont really care, on more than one ocasion i started watching a show cause i saw a spoiler somewhere and thought "this looks like cool show/movie, i should check it out"
    Are you confusing spoiler with teaser or trailer?

I like WoW a lot. I like the lore a lot.

However, I do not think WoW is a good vehicle for lore delivery. Epic lore is often tied to things like "gather 10 bunny ears", or "fetch this for me." So for me, spoilers don't matter because the way the game shows them I would most likely not enjoy anyways.

I have mixed feelings about spoilers, but they usually don't bother me.

One nice thing about spoilers is that the story sometimes makes more sense to me as I go along if it's been spoiled. For example, some "good" character is going to betray everyone else and become evil. If I already know the character is going to turn, the character's actions up to that point make more sense to me.

I know for some shows, they come on around 10 or so. Call me an old man but i have to work in the morning and enjoy getting my 8 hours of sleep so i usually record them to watch the next day. Some shows are really popular and constantly get talked about in my office. For those i hate the spoilers, but i dont blame them, i just make an effort to stay up an extra hour.

I remember reading one of the Isaac Asimov novels, my friend was reading it too. At the end of it is a major plot twist, I didn't see it coming at all and I when we talked about it I accidentally spoiled it for him since I finished it first. I felt so guilty.

Some spoilers are like whatever, everyone saw it coming from miles away, no problem. But for the twists you don't see coming, spoilers are evil.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    Are you confusing spoiler with teaser or trailer?
    Like LOTRs 1 and two where they showed a key charecters die then resurrected in a trailer with new footage.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

If it's something I care about and want to experience myself I care about people spoiling the game, story, etc. for me. Otherwise if I know I won't care enough to go through something I let people fire spoilers away, people like to talk about stuff so no reason to stop them if I don't care. I've had friends who really hate spoilers even if they never end up watching a show, or playing a game.