Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    it's racist and sexist stupidity. she needs to be fired, that's all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vea Lea View Post
    lol what is bme and nonbinary people?
    Bme means "Black and minority ethnic people", while nonbinary means people, who do not identify as belonging to the binary gender system for example androgynous, genderfluid, people who identify as neither,, and so on. However I am confused, since you have to somehow identify as a woman, people who identify as none are excluded (no matter if male or female body), androgynous should not attend, FTMs should not (Since those aren't female) and so on.

And yeah, (white) nonbinaries or trans, are not discriminated at all. Yeah sure.

However since she reverted the statement, she probably realized it was shitty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a funny thing. I don't like to be told I can't do something based off my sex or my race. This rally is made up of people that don't and are probably sick of being told that they can't do something based off of their sex or their race. So, instead of working to find a commonality and supporting inclusion they tell people they can't join based off of their sex and their race.

It's so freakin' screwy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Deleted
    Always been a big fan of irony.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Below are quotes for discussion:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...attending.html

She wrote on Facebook: ‘Invite loads of BME Women and non-binary people!! Also, if you’ve been invited and you’re a man and/or white PLEASE DON’T COME just cos i invited a bunch of people and hope you will be responsible enough to respect this is a BME Women and non-binary event only.’

He said many white men felt they ‘could not say anything for fear of retribution’, adding: ‘For Bahar to have the nerve to write this is patronising beyond belief. The irony that she thinks that they are diversifying the student community in the name of feminism and multiculturalism is laughable.’

Miss Mustafa recently graduated from Goldsmiths with an MA in gender and media studies.

Following from this, my questions would be:

a) Should multiculturalism/feminism be grounds to exclude certain people or their points of view from public debate?

b) Should diversity officers (such as the one in this example) be fired if they demonstrate racism/sexism/etc - even if it's against whites/men?

c) Should "gender and media studies" programs be critically evaluated to find out whether these courses are actually promoting racist/sexist agendas?
    It's okay, white males don't feel pain and don't have emotions, so it's okay to ignore them and mistreat them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I feel like you're going to start up a cult or something and I'm going to join it
    Okay, so we've got bald Hulk, Shadow the Hedgehog and Knuckles the Echidna down for worldwide holocaust; who else can we sway to join our ranks?
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I would never join an extinction cult, but I don't think I'd put much effort in stopping them.

- - - Updated - - -

I've met a few people with Gender Studies degrees. Every single one of them was born without an ounce of humor in their body.
    Lol I'd imagine so if your whole major is based on proving that the most complex problems in the world are majorly due to something as minute as gender without taking larger factors into account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    It's okay, white males don't feel pain and don't have emotions, so it's okay to ignore them and mistreat them.
    You know, I need to get off the internet for the night because I'm honestly starting to believe my demographic is getting stereotyped as much if not more than anyone else. Oppressed? No, I'm not that much of a shitlord. But stereotyped? Yeah, totally.

Deleted
    The irony! The sweet exquisite irony! This is like an orgasm of irony, a big bang of irony. This may actually be the peak that irony can ever reach.

Organize a march for unity and against intolerance.
    Ban a whole category of people.

I must frame this article, this is just gold.
    Last edited by mmocdb096be3da; 2015-04-24 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ever present View Post
    The irony! The sweet exquisite irony! This is like an orgasm of irony, a big bang of irony. This may actually be the peak that irony can ever reach.
    Peak? This mentality is just getting started.

Organisers later appeared to back down on the rules, with the statement ‘Allies now welcome!’ added to the meeting’s Facebook page.

They call like minded men "Allies".

I can see a woman's only meeting because men tend to dominate the conversation and women might want to talk about private stuff like tampons disposal or something. All women meetings are pretty common in my experience.

She is single, they call her "Miss" in the article.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    That sounds bad. I'm a man but I'm not white so I wouldn't know.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    That's bullshit and you know it!

As a white male I am certified to access a wide verity of emotions from blood-lust to hostile oppression. I come equipped with super-slaving action and a mega rape kit as well as an upper-middle-class starter pack.

The 'Free Ride Through College' expansion pack is sold separately however...
    How'd you get all this cool shit? Goddammit, you'd think being of the Chosen People I'd have a leg up on even the average white guy, we control Hollywood, after all. Why, if I didn't know any better I'd swear our circumstances had more to do with class than race. But what am I thinkin? That's poppycock!
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.

I hate these hypocritical college SJWs so fucking much!

it is going to be very interesting over the next few years if this keeps up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Organisers later appeared to back down on the rules, with the statement ‘Allies now welcome!’ added to the meeting’s Facebook page.

They call like minded men "Allies".
    Frankly, I'm quite happy. The term ally has been around a bit. There was a reason they backed down. The rules were really stupid.

That's the tolerant left for you.

Oh look.....someone complaining about racism and sexism are themselves being racist/sexist. I've never seen that before *rolls eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    That's the tolerant left for you.
    Just curious, why do you think they're leftist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Oh look.....someone complaining about racism and sexism are themselves being racist/sexist. I've never seen that before *rolls eyes*
    Are you referring to the OP, because that post seems pretty matter of fact honestly.