High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Healthy amount of healers for a guild going top 50,100 world. 6.2

What would be the amount of healers a guild attempting a rank 50 , 100 or better should have for progress .

All players have a alt for progress of the same role .

1 of each ? What class would you emphasize in having 2 players .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferali View Post
    What would be the amount of healers a guild attempting a rank 50 , 100 or better should have for progress .

All players have a alt for progress of the same role .

1 of each ? What class would you emphasize in having 2 players .
    Quite frankly, if you have to ask this question, those aims probably aren't realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Quite frankly, if you have to ask this question, those aims probably aren't realistic.
    I think this is the answer honestly. Basically you can't know what classes you will need until you do PTR testing and if you can't get close to the mark after that then the odds of hitting those rankings are rather low I'd say. Out of curiosity whats your current rank roughly speaking? I assume you've at least got Blackhand mythic down, if not you may need to reconsider your goals for the next patch.

All this being said you should have a core group of maybe 4 healers with 2 more off specs, all of these been very solid players who are able to do content under geared because you'll want to be sending every bit of gear possible on your dps , good healers can generally find ways to keep the group just alive while being rather under geared but no matter how good a dps player is they need gear to meet certain checks. I'd suggest having one of each healer geared and I wouldn't care to much about alt's in all honestly unless you know one will be insanely op (think hunters and druids this patch), alt's main role is split raiding.

1 of each is generally favourable but if you are doubling up on a class then palas and discos always have a place.

Across the board healers of all types seem in a good place in WoD if played correctly. If pushed I would say take 2 priests. Disco is godly and holy is effective when raid healing is required. Just be sure that the priests are comfortable playing both specs.

Lol that title read very differently than the OP.

y'see in a rank fifty thousand one hundred world guild...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by L3fty View Post
    1 of each is generally favourable but if you are doubling up on a class then palas and discos always have a place.

Across the board healers of all types seem in a good place in WoD if played correctly. If pushed I would say take 2 priests. Disco is godly and holy is effective when raid healing is required. Just be sure that the priests are comfortable playing both specs.
    Don't ever stack disc priests... just NEVER.

smallest amount to have is 5 healers, and then you would require near 100% attendance from every1.
    We run (2pala, 1 priest, 1 druid, 1 shaman in our guild (pwnanza #15)).

Then we chose to gear up our paladins monk healer too, so in case we get to a fight where monk healers are good, he can switch from his paladin.

@Tekc, he said 2 priest not 2 disc priest. He said both should be able to play both specs but I doubt he meant both to be playing Disc at the same time

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to get to a higher ranking you want players that are able to play multiple classes. It is better to have 4-5 players that can play multiple classes reliably than 8 players that would be able to play the same amount of classes. Some healers are amazing for holy paladins and could perhaps suck for a resto shaman, if your resto shammy can then play a holy paladin, you get rid of a class that is subpar on that fight and gain a healer that is amazing.

5 with a bunch of people capable of playing offspecs and alts.