Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Can a hairstyle cause my hair to thin in a specific area?

I don't often post on MMOC but i couldn't find any legit evidence that told me if it was possible for the hairstyle to cause thinning or if it was just hair loss. The only reason i think my thinning in a specific area is because of the hair style, is because my hair is only thinning in one area of my head which is on the left hand side above the temple. With the hairstyle I currently have I pull my hair from the left side of my head over to the right and use a fair bit of product to keep it there. I also will often during the day, run my hand through my hair from left to right to 'redo' the hair style because it falls out easily which again causes me to pull on the roots in that area.

I could just be balding which is fine because there is nothing I can really do about that, but the reason i don't think it is is because the right side of my hairline is perfectly fine and doesn't cop the stress the left does.

Should i just try changing my hair? I could always swap the side i have the hair go from right to left instead but i don't want the same thing to happen to the right.

This is almost exactly the hair i have.

Deleted
    prob just male baldness setting in. Take estrogen and spiro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegeeza View Post
    I also will often during the day, run my hand through my hair from left to right to 'redo' the hair style because it falls out easily which again causes me to pull on the roots in that area.
    It depends on if the hair in that area grows back or not - if it doesn't, it is probably regular baldness (slowly and unevenly) setting in.
    You do not pull out the hair follicle, even if you pull on the roots. Usually it is not that easy to permanently stop hair from growing.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2015-04-24 at 03:14 PM.

If you don't clean your scalp very well after you use a lot of styling gel, your hair can thin or at least not grow as well. If its not just normal MPB, that could account for more thinning on a certain side with more gel use.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess not all of us can be so lucky. *runs fingers through long, flowing hair*
    You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of Humanity in your hearts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What exactly was the bet I made with the Klingon sex workers?

I hope someone doesn't sig this post...

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Funny you suggest the estrogen because i've been in the last 4 months going to the gym a lot (like 5 days a week) and have recently started using testosterone boosters.

There are small hairs in the area still so that could be a good sign that the ones i've possibly pulled out are growing back. Maybe its a good idea for me to change the hairstyle to see if it does help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    If you don't clean your scalp very well after you use a lot of styling gel, your hair can thin or at least not grow as well. If its not just normal MPB, that could account for more thinning on a certain side with more gel use.
    Yeah that could be a reason as well. I really don't use shampoo or conditioner often and usually just run water through it so i should probably start using more.