Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    So basically, preparation, experience, and skill will take you further than whining about RNG? What a novel concept.
    Pretty much, yeah. It should then be trivial to understand that trying to compare these people with the general populous is never going to work.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2015-04-28 at 09:54 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Something like 30 guilds killed vanilla Kel'Thuzad. Fewer than 500 guilds even had a full group zone into Naxx. 0.2% of all guilds killed heroic Garrosh after 4 months. Less than 1% of Starcraft players have finished the campaign on brutal. Somehow, I think blizz is fine with only a small subset of hearthstone players going through the heroic mode adventures.

Originally, the heroic bosses in Naxx/BRM were designed to give you cards, then they realized their average joe couldn't beat them, so they gave us a super-dumbed down version as normal mode. For comparison, about 98% of hearthstone players have never seen rank 5 in any season, ever.

There is a spectrum of players, from the elite pros to the clueless rank 20s. Blizzard is fine with the average player not being able to clear heroic raids, unless they spend so much time reshuffling that the stars align and the rng gods smiled upon them. That doesn't mean the design is retarded or the difficulty is too hard. They have data from 8 previous wings and I guarantee you the heroic difficulty is exactly where they want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Something like 30 guilds killed vanilla Kel'Thuzad. Fewer than 500 guilds even had a full group zone into Naxx. 0.2% of all guilds killed heroic Garrosh after 4 months. Less than 1% of Starcraft players have finished the campaign on brutal. Somehow, I think blizz is fine with only a small subset of hearthstone players going through the heroic mode adventures.

Originally, the heroic bosses in Naxx/BRM were designed to give you cards, then they realized their average joe couldn't beat them, so they gave us a super-dumbed down version as normal mode. For comparison, about 98% of hearthstone players have never seen rank 5 in any season, ever.

There is a spectrum of players, from the elite pros to the clueless rank 20s. Blizzard is fine with the average player not being able to clear heroic raids, unless they spend so much time reshuffling that the stars align and the rng gods smiled upon them. That doesn't mean the design is retarded or the difficulty is too hard. They have data from 8 previous wings and I guarantee you the heroic difficulty is exactly where they want it to be.
    Yes, I'm sure those inexperienced PvE cardgame developers have already perfected something that can't be perfected (well, unless your standards are pathetically low)

In the real world however, Blizzard said they are looking at feedback - directly in reference to chromaggus - as they weren't sure how the mechanic would play out. It's safe to say that this is just as much a learning experience for them as it was the players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."