Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    How are you not banned for constantly posting flame bait threads yet.

Deleted
    What is that video about? I mean, I've never seen a girl being treated like shit unless she deserved it...and the same goes for guys. Unless by trolls who do it to everyone.

Somebody is coming for my title. Meow

It's a TV show, not a documentary ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Because mods rather bann people who take the bait when trying to have a normal discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cute Anarchist View Post
    Which they told you about.*

Guys sending pics of their penises randomly to women they spotted in various gaming communities isn't all that rare either apparently.
    Welcome to the world of dating sites?

I don't see how this is gamer exclusive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    We just need a, "Mean old men and poor old women" sticky and a rule that this stuff can't be posted anywhere else. It's all so old.
    I suggest "Down with the Patriarchy, and for the greater good of wymynz" as title.

g8 b8 m8. law and order cyberhwhatever is not a accurate representation of real life blah blah blah. exaggeration of reality blah blah blah. not sure if you know this or not.

I have no idea what this is but watching the video clip made me laugh so hard I chocked on my popcorn, spilled my coffee and almost dropped my laptop.

Holy shit- LAUGH OUT LOUD.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Girl: Anyone wants to boost me?
    40 whispers with people wanting to help and give you free stuff.
    Guy: Anyone wants to boost me?
    2 whispers go do it yourself.
    Everyone in the chat calls you a noob, l2p, etc with random shit.

Girl Streamer playing video games, with the webcam bigger than the gaming screen - 200 -> 99999 views.
    Guy Streamer playing games, 1-3 views.

Yeah. I think females have about enough benefits.

Deleted
    when i watched that episode i thought the show was an actual comedy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VodkaRedBull View Post
    Just watched the SVU episode about gamers...

I was pretty shocked about how gamers are treating women in the industry and how non-inclusive they are. Not only as employees in the industry but also as gamers in the gaming scene. Do you think that this is how male gamers are really behaving like towards women in gaming? If so: thats pretty fucking horrible

She literally asked him what his fucking problem is but of course she doesnt get an answer, because there is no reason to exclude women from this hobby. In the next scene we see how two gamer dudebros attacking a female gamer on the convention and everyone is cheering at them..wtf is going on?? And then the fake clapping and laughing like its something funny. Im really thinking about leaving the gaming scene because i dont want to be associated with those ***** idiots
    Yep it's a 100% true based on everything I seen, and not only my account plenty more, especially gaming PC Online and Consoles. But then again, it is also home to some of the most racist, and homphobic vile shit aswell.

I felt the same way about being associated as a gamer, and with this latest bout of sexism disguised as a campaign to combat gaming journalism, I no longer do just that. Gaming is now just a casual hobby, long away from the days of NES all the way to my all time Favorite Dreamcast. I not have a PS4 and still play a couple MMO's online, but, I have limited my involvement with anything social, and if I see or hear the kind of nonsense very much REAL from the this clip, I report it, and if never gets handled, I move on.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

15+ Year Old Account
    have you played any multiplayer with a female gamer in it? All other people in the team are thursty and call them whores , bitches.."send nude pics pls" and so on.

stop denying it. just stop.
    A lot women or girls as gamers do exist in games with multiplayer environments, pretty much since ever, I knew a lot of female gamers of all age ranges in early 2000s when I was administrating an online game. You'd be surprised how many female players there are. Much like their male counterparts they do not always go around and advertise their gender. Seems to me you are trying to construct a case here, in a ham-fisted manner too, unfortunately this topic has already been debated to death.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2015-04-25 at 02:10 PM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

have you played any multiplayer with a female gamer in it? All other people in the team are thursty and call them whores , bitches.."send nude pics pls" and so on.

I'd be the first one to defend a female gamer over something like that, but I gotta say, they usually put themselves in situations where they were asking for that sort of attention. Here's ONE example of something that just happened.

New guild, GM has a female member. Female member messages me and says the GM is being a pervert to her and begging for pictures. I feel bad, try to ask her why she's putting up with it. Her reply was 'well I usually send guys pics but then they always ask for nudes'.

She should not have been sending anyone she didn't know on WoW pictures. Women tend to put themselves in these situations when this happens by first making sure everyone is well aware that they're female when nobody asks (or they make the mistake of calling them male and they reply 'uh i'm a girl *wink face*). Nobody needs to know your sex in a video game and you don't need to send them pictures when it becomes apparent that you're a female. Then you have the girls who use their sexuality to get youtube or twitch views. How are we supposed to respect that? It's so obvious how hard they're trying to get attention placed on the fact that they're a girl playing games and it's painful to deal with. Clearly going as far as to attacking a girl or telling her to go home and making her feel bad isn't the right route but I can easily see how they started the situation by making the focal point of their presence be:

"I am a girl and I play games"

When the only thing that should matter is whether or not they play games with us.

We also ask dudes for dick pics, and tell men we're gonna rape them to. /shrug

SVU probably isn't a good place to look for representation of subcultures. Didn't they once do an episode on furries? Can't imagine that was a flattering portrayal either.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    This is the only relevant post to be written in this, and all of OP's threads. Quit being fools and stop being baited.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So the gaming community reflects society at large. Nothing shocking there.
    I could also generalize about how young males usually behave and how a lot of them are socialy inept...

I know plenty of women who play games and several of them that stream on Twitch. None of them have been treated badly and if they are, it's the same way that men get treated by random jerks and the likes.

The only thing is that men might treat them more favorably, because you know, gamers and girls.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2015-04-25 at 02:22 PM.

Er, I play WoW with two girls in my guild. I fail to hear any "send nude pics" or people calling them whores/bitches during raid or off time. I normally like SVU, but this episode was exaggerrated to the point of being silly.

In a way I'd like to believe they're poking fun at the way the feminists like to BELIEVE that they're being treated.

We say "Hey what games do you play?"

They hear "Go home gamergirl!"
    Last edited by RyanEX; 2015-04-25 at 02:22 PM.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yep it's a 100% true based on everything I seen, and not only my account plenty more, especially gaming PC Online and Consoles. But then again, it is also home to some of the most racist, and homphobic vile shit aswell.

I felt the same way about being associated as a gamer, and with this latest bout of sexism disguised as a campaign to combat gaming journalism, I no longer do just that. Gaming is now just a casual hobby, long away from the days of NES all the way to my all time Favorite Dreamcast. I not have a PS4 and still play a couple MMO's online, but, I have limited my involvement with anything social, and if I see or hear the kind of nonsense very much REAL from the this clip, I report it, and if never gets handled, I move on.
    You cannot be serious... Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Uproot View Post
    We also ask dudes for dick pics, and tell men we're gonna rape them to. /shrug
    Can you be my GL plz

Back OT : Guys like to josh around its what we do i have been playing video games since the 80s and i have been called all sorts of shit but i gave it back and i knew it was just good banter and nothing malicious.

If you want to play with the boys then deal with our locker room humour!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2015-04-25 at 02:24 PM.