10+ Year Old Account

Should I do arena or solo adventures?

Pretty much what the title says. What should I use my gold for in order to become more competitive when doing ranked? Use it to do arena's or use it to unlock new wings? Keep in mind that I am a fairly new player so I haven't unlocked any wings yet nor do I have a lot of gold. Have done arena a couple of times though.

The only thing I've got so far is a cheap Mage deck (http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone...-mage-gvg-deck) which works out pretty well so far. But I reckon it will not carry me to a very high rank. I'm also wondering if I can depend on it (or the basic decks) to help me complete the wings. And if I unlock wings, should I do naxx first or blackrock?

Thanks in advance!

That depends on how good you are, honestly. If you can keep it mostly equal in value (meaning total gold+packs+dust), arena is always going to give you more direct value out of it and it will sort of make you able to reinvest this gold until you become good enough to just fund Arena with Arena. You are going to strike out eventually, but if you reach 1300g and take care to learn, I think you can get a whole lot of mileage out of chain-running Arena until you think you've buffered up enough to divert some of the gold into adventures - because these cards can only be gotten there.
    But take BRM, there's a lot of powerful cards, and the first wing is the most valuable one (I guess?) with Thaurissan. But the whole adventure costs you 3500g. That's a lot.
    But it also depends on the classes you play. Death's Bite is a must for every Warrior (imho), and Sludge Belcher for many classes and playstyles, and they can only be gotten from Naxx. I think on the whole, Naxx is more important than BRM, but that's because Naxx and their cards has really settled into the meta.

I say go arena and invest time.

I've always said the adventures because the class cards are good from it and some of the cards are just fantastic (not sure if you mean Naxx AND BRM or what). Sludge Belcher and Loatheb are some of the best cards you can get and right now Emperor is being a top played card. These are also just general cards that can be played in any deck so you don't have to build say a mage deck, or a rogue deck or a whatever deck.