Another Mythic Kromog Help thread

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/v23zjxgmDchJMP4G

Hey guys,

Last night was our first night making attempts on Mythic Kro. its pretty obvious that pillar phase is our problem.. and it seems we need help there.
    I was wondering how you guys assign groups..

we were having the whole raid switch to the first 1, then as soon the 2nd spawns range would switch.. then as soon as 3rd one spawned we had 4 range switch to that. I don't think thats the best strat as a lot of time was spent moving and not dpsing.. but I'm a healer so I don't necessarily know. So what seemed the best way for you guys to handle pillars?

I'm just gonna ask since it was the first thing I noticed. Why is there a glad spec warrior in the raid?
    Regarding pillars. You should have a set group of people for each pillar.

Have your raid save 3 minute CDs for the pillars. They will be up for every set of pillars and help trivialize this portion of the encounter. For the raid positioning, we have everybody DPS the first pillar, then ranged goes to the far pillar while melee attacks the close pillar.

Your mage is using fire, arcane is the mvp, your warlocks also has a low output on pillars, chaos bolt easily does the job.

I'd say damagers under 600k on pillars are under-performing, because the pillars together has 10.8M/14dps = 770K, but others will make 800k+ plus the damage from healers and tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    What worked for us was: tanks+melee on the first pillar (ranged can dot it up); ranged switch to second pillar; everyone finish off the third pillar. If the third pillar spawns in such a way that it's a far run for tanks + melee then ranged will switch straight from the second to the third pillar, tanks+melee will finish the second before helping finish the third. Sounds way more confusing than it actually is. But the other thing I'll mention is that you should switch off pillars at about 30% health to let dots/executes finish them off. No sense in having 6 or more people wail away at a single pillar below 20% health.

Your locks can definitely run Destro since they're choosing Demo/Cata for hand damage. Cata does fuck all for the pillars whereas Destro will still provide the hand damage while being able to do ok to good on the pillars.

Lastly, for progress, you should have everyone save all cooldowns for the first pillar phase. Nothing on pull, nothing for hands.

Deleted
    Optimize around having melee moving as little as possible (let melee stay on first pillar).

Chain aspect of the fox.

Depending on the amount of monks you have in the raid, assign 1 monk for each pillar, even mistweavers can get a good 450k ToD out if he uses his defensive CD with it.

On top of that save all 3 mins you can. We had a boomkin using his CD's for hands on progress, but it isn't really needed anymore, make sure you use 3 mins and pots and whatever dps increase you can come up with.

Split the raid in 2 grps one left one right, let them keep cooldowns for that fase, chain aspect of the fox, keep an eye on pilar dmg and tell ppl who under perform to step up their game..

Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    Your mage is using fire, arcane is the mvp, your warlocks also has a low output on pillars, chaos bolt easily does the job.

I'd say damagers under 600k on pillars are under-performing, because the pillars together has 10.8M/14dps = 770K, but others will make 800k+ plus the damage from healers and tanks.
    and boomies doing 1.3-1.5m each.

also monk tanks doing roughly 6-700k because of ToD.