Deleted

Glyph of Regrowth on Haste build.

EDIT: Restoration druid.

Is it worth using glyph of regrowth on haste builds with 2 tier pieces?
    Glyph of rejuvenation seems better with the 4th tier bonus, but it doesnt seem that good for 2nd tier bonus alone.

Atm im using
    Glyph of Wild Growth
    Glyph of Healing Touch
    Glyph of Regrowth

and im considering replacing Glyph of Regrowth with Glyph of Rejuvenation.

Any help is welcome
    Last edited by mmoccc3becdca0; 2015-04-25 at 03:47 PM.

as for doing anything for your 4p bonus is quite stupid, as it's just not something you want to cast 2 times in a row.

glyph of regrowth is just so good for emergency healing, seen someone debate that if you aren't using MoC (which seems even stronger with a haste build), you could go without it, but the common idea is that regrowth is an emergency spell and should consider reliability higher than average throughput. While the throughput gain wouldn't be too high without even.

as for optional glyphs, glyph of rebirth being the 4th pick, after wild growth, stampeding roar and regrowth.

Always use Glyph of Regrowth imo.

I really don't like glyph of regrowth, I never have. I tend to like being able to do a regrowth > Swiftmend on a dumb stand in fire dps. think hit by a train in normal thogar, no way I can predict that to get a hot on them. Generally I'm of the opinion if you need to regrowth someone twice you are probably doing something wrong.

But 2pc has changed that. Now when I NS+RG I pretty much have to follow up with another RG or HT. So the glyph I am forced to use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastar View Post
    I really don't like glyph of regrowth, I never have. I tend to like being able to do a regrowth > Swiftmend on a dumb stand in fire dps. think hit by a train in normal thogar, no way I can predict that to get a hot on them. Generally I'm of the opinion if you need to regrowth someone twice you are probably doing something wrong.

But 2pc has changed that. Now when I NS+RG I pretty much have to follow up with another RG or HT. So the glyph I am forced to use.
    if you raid normal you can use any glyph doesnt really matter that much i guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Regrowth is one of the few glyphs thats an actual throughput gain. Regrowth heals for 214% spellpower, and then 54% spellpower over 12 seconds. Regrowth has a baseline 60% chance to crit, and R-druids are currently running around with 7-9% crit. Lets say that the Rdruid has a 70% chance to crit with Regrowth, thus they do (214*2.3*.7)+(54*2*.7)% of spellpower worth of healing without the glyph, or, on average, 420% of spellpower worth of healing with Regrowth. With the glyph, they do (214*2.3*1)% of spellpower, or 492% worth of spellpower with Regrowth. In order for the non-glyphed version to be equal to the glyphed version, you need around 23% crit.

A haste build will slightly lower the amount of crit needed for non-glyphed regrowth to be equal to glyphed regrowth, but not by much. The amount of healing contributed by the HoT portion is very tiny. Not using the glyph gimps your healing throughput. Glyph of Rejuvenation also goes against our lvl 100 talents. If you take Germination, you will spend most of your time casting Rejuvenation, not enough time for Healing Touch. If you take Moment of Clarity, you want to spam Regrowth. If you take Rampant Growth, you are going to want to cycle between Swiftmend and Rejuvenation. It even somewhat goes against our T60 talents. Tree of Life, you spam Rejuvenation. Soul of the Forest, you want to use the proc on either WG, Rejuve or Regrowth.

Pretty much, you go with Glyph of Regrowth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    [...]
    Agree. Plus glyphed regrowth is super low overhealing if you play well. 1 digit percentages usually.
    Glyphed RG if you use RG for its own sake. Unglyphed if you use it to feed SotF/RampG.

No one so far has stated the main reason why you may not glyph Regrowth is the 2p. Nature's Swiftness increases the healing by 50% but also increases the duration of hots by 50% this is obviously lost if you glyph regrowth. With the 2p you are now casting an extra 2 regrowths under the NS buff. Depending on the damage situation with the tank/raid not glyphing regrowth with 2p has the potential to do more healing IF you are generally not casting regrowth at all outside of NS and omen procs or if you are not using MoC.

Just because It can do more healing doesn't mean that it is a better choice, glyph will probably save more lives in all situations.
    Last edited by Coppas; 2015-04-28 at 03:52 AM.

Do not gear around the 4-set bonus. The 4-set is bad and it's been beaten to death on these forums just why that is. If you want to glyph Rejuv so that you can hard-cast 2 Healing Touches followed by a cheaper Wild Growth, try and first calculate how much mana you've just wasted on Healing Touch that most likely has super poor HPS to boot, and then see if it was worth it. The answer to that question will be no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coppas View Post
    No one so far has stated the main reason why you may not glyph Regrowth is the 2p. Nature's Swiftness increases the healing by 50% but also increases the duration of hots by 50% this is obviously lost if you glyph regrowth. With the 2p you are now casting an extra 2 regrowths under the NS buff. Depending on the damage situation with the tank/raid not glyphing regrowth with 2p has the potential to do more healing IF you are generally not casting regrowth at all outside of NS and omen procs or if you are not using MoC.

Just because It can do more healing doesn't mean that it is a better choice, glyph will probably save more lives in all situations.
    So lets do the calcultions of Regrowth under NS. 214*1.5= 321% spellpower for the direct portion. 54*1.5=84% spellpower for the HoT portion. We will continue to use 10% crit chance for calculations. (321*2.3*.7)+(84*2*.7)= 634% spellpower worth of healing. (321*2.3*1)= 738% spellpower worth of healing.

The 2 piece changes absolutely nothing. Unglyphed version still requires 22-23% crit in order to overtake the glyphed version.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    So lets do the calcultions of Regrowth under NS. 214*1.5= 321% spellpower for the direct portion. 54*1.5=84% spellpower for the HoT portion. We will continue to use 10% crit chance for calculations. (321*2.3*.7)+(84*2*.7)= 634% spellpower worth of healing. (321*2.3*1)= 738% spellpower worth of healing.
    Is the hot healing from Regrowth not affected by the +50% healing from NS? As you didn't include it in your calculation... I have never tested that myself.

Also why are you using a 2.3 crit multiplier for the direct heal? If you are doing so to include the living seed; it should be 2.5 (as seed is 50% now, not 30%) - actually shouldn't it really be 2*1.5 or a x3 multiplier - since seed is an additional 50% of the total crit, not just an additive 50% to the crit bonus. You also ignored the non crit portion of the math for determining average heal for the unglyphed RG.

Example at 15% crit (non NS)

Your average non glyphed RG is (214*2*1.5*.75)+(54*2*.75)+(214*.25)+(54*.25) = 629.5% sp average heal (including seed)
    Your average glyphed RG is (214*2*1.5*1) = 642% sp (including seed)

So at around 20% crit the average non glyphed RG starts to surpass the glyphed heal - but still suffers from 20% chance to be a far weaker "flash" heal. Since healers tend to value consistency, the RG gylph is usually the better option.

Maybe at 25-30% crit or higher (when the failure rate is low) you can consider dropping it, or of course if you want to use the RG hot to power rampant growth. Beyond those 2 conditions, the glyph is better.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2015-04-28 at 01:59 PM. Reason: to fix math

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Also why are you using a 2.3 crit multiplier for the direct heal? If you are doing so to include the living seed; it should be 2.5 (as seed is 50% now, not 30%) - actually shouldn't it really be 2*1.5 or a x3 multiplier - since seed is an additional 50% of the total crit, not just an additive 50% to the crit bonus. You also ignored the non crit portion of the math for determining average heal for the unglyphed RG.

Example at 15% crit (non NS)

Your average non glyphed RG is (214*2*1.5*.75)+(54*2*.75)+(214*.25)+(54*.25) = 629.5% sp average heal (including seed)
    Your average glyphed RG is (214*2*1.5*1) = 642% sp (including seed)

So at around 20% crit the average non glyphed RG starts to surpass the glyphed heal - but still suffers from 20% chance to be a far weaker "flash" heal. Since healers tend to value consistency, the RG gylph is usually the better option.

Maybe at 25-30% crit or higher (when the failure rate is low) you can consider dropping it, or of course if you want to use the RG hot to power rampant growth. Beyond those 2 conditions, the glyph is better.
    I haven't been resto since early MoP, so I was unaware of the LS buff, and I did miss the non-healing portion in an oversight.