Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Dark Souls series the battle of legends !

Hey everyone ! yes another VS topic and this time it's 3 vs 3 between team Gwyn's Knights VS team Vendrick's Knights !

Team Gwyn's Knights:

Ornstein the Dragonslayer

Artorias the Abysswalker

Smough the Executioner

VERSUS

Team Vendrick's Knights:

Velstadt the Royal Aegis

Looking Glass Knight

The rebel Raime

Which team will win in a 3 vs 3 battle to the death !!

Team Gywn. That hammer. Seriously if he manages to hit you with any amount of force your a pancake.

Thanks Smough!
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Smough isn't a knight though, is he?

I thought it's Artorias, Ornstein, Hawkeyeguy and the whatshisface

Edit:

Ciaran

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Smough isn't a knight though, is he?

I thought it's Artorias, Ornstein, Hawkeyeguy and the whatshisface

Edit:

Ciaran
    Yup indeed Smough is not an official knight rank because of his cannibalism but yeah the only reason I put him instead of Ciaran because he is more popular. :P

Ornstein and Artorias alone would we win over all comers. Team Gwyn!

Also, backstory on the two, and what makes them awesome:

Just based off of gameplay either Artorias or Ornstein/Smoug are harder than any two of the other three combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Just based off of gameplay either Artorias or Ornstein/Smoug are harder than any two of the other three combined.
    Well Raime the fume knight is considered one of the hardest boss ever in the soul series if we are talking gameplay wise.

I am a big "Dark Souls 1 > Dark Souls 2" guy and even I will admit Raime was a hell of a lot harder then O&S and Artorias.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, from what we've seen in game, I'd say that Veldstadt, LGK, and Raime seem stronger on an individual level. Although doesn't the lore say that Velstadt and Raime hate each other? So they wouldn't really work together.

I'd give the win to Gwyn's knights since they've worked together before and probably have good team work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    To be honest, from what we've seen in game, I'd say that Veldstadt, LGK, and Raime seem stronger on an individual level. Although doesn't the lore say that Velstadt and Raime hate each other? So they wouldn't really work together.

I'd give the win to Gwyn's knights since they've worked together before and probably have good team work.

They used to work together as Velstadt right hand of Vendrick and Raime was the left hand of Vendrick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    They used to work together as Velstadt right hand of Vendrick and Raime was the left hand of Vendrick.
    Ah, I remember if you wear either Raime's gear while fighting Velstadt or Velstadt's gear while fightng Raime they go into their empowered states like immediately. Altough I guess it could be that they're just pissed that you killed their friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raime is the only good contender on the ds2 side, maybe artorias can use sif too as his guardian?
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Raime is the only good contender on the ds2 side, maybe artorias can use sif too as his guardian?
    Looking Glass is pretty good too since he has a pretty strong lightning defense which will nullify Ornstein's power.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I am a big "Dark Souls 1 > Dark Souls 2" guy and even I will admit Raime was a hell of a lot harder then O&S and Artorias.
    Maybe. Its all just a personal experience though. I never had trouble with, well, anything in DS2. The whole game just went by in a blur but it was quite enjoyable. Could be I was just much better at DS in general by the time I saw DS2 though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe. Its all just a personal experience though. I never had trouble with, well, anything in DS2. The whole game just went by in a blur but it was quite enjoyable. Could be I was just much better at DS in general by the time I saw DS2 though.
    Yeah DS2 NG is np at all but it gets tough at NG+3 while first DS is tough from the get go. So in general DS2 diffculty ramp up slowly and until you reach NG+++ you will start to get slaughtered specially in the dlcs areas :P

Stay tuned everyone I will do another battle of legends topic about different characters !

By gameplay, the Dark Souls 2 bosses would win hands down. Dark Souls 2 bosses simply have more stats than Dark Souls 1 bosses. More HP, more damage, more poise. Much in the same way, most Bloodborne bosses would beat most Dark Souls 2 bosses, as the folks at From Soft decided bosses needed like 4 times the HP for Bloodborne.

Gwyn has 4185 HP on new game.
    Nashandra has 8770.
    Bloodborne's final boss Gehrman has 14293 HP.

With each game they just keep increasing the stats of enemies, because the community has gotten too good lol. I blame the speedrunners, because pretty much every DS 1 and DS 2 strategy consisted of zerging the boss in the most efficient way possible. I'm sure Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne 2 or whatever will give enemies even more HP, probably like 20k for the final boss.

Normally, in character vs character battles, I advocate strongly for ignoring game mechanics in favor of focusing on the story. However, in the Souls series, I don't believe that applies, as the story and gameplay are intrinsically linked, and we don't have enough raw narrative elements to form a solid position on which characters are actually stronger, as any speculation would be highly theoretical.

If we're talking the base game DS2 is a joke. The DLC on the other hand has bosses that blow DS1 away in difficulty.

The first time I fought Raime, and all of the dlc bosses in DS2 was on NG+2 as I wasn't going to make a new damn character for the dlc and Raime slaughtered me for 90 mins before I beat him. Nothing in DS1, even on NG+4 which is as far as I went came close to comparing to the beat down he gave me.

the glass night can block anything therefor negating smough

- - - Updated - - -

raime and velstat are brothers and worked together for a long time before the parted ways so i just assume that this is before they fought

- - - Updated - - -

and his shield blocks anything plus it can summon players that can beat all of these bosses

10+ Year Old Account
    How smart are these bosses? I mean the looking glass knight can continuously pump out NPC phantoms.
    Under normal AI I would say Raime's team would win.

oops necro, didn't notice it.
    Last edited by crazymack; 2015-09-10 at 03:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy necro bois... if artorias gets buffed and the oreos team too then it's gg
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35