Thread: Dr. Boom

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Konik View Post
    are we playing the same game? in what universe priests play this?
    No one does. You'd get ripped apart by any midely aggro.

and I don't think that MD +SWD is a great play, it's a combo so you need luck to pull off in terms of card draw, and you lose a lot of tempo just dealing with one play, if you don't already have a board advantage, you're most likely onto a loser. i'd prefer to eat the bots and hope it doesn't wreck you.

Gawd, its like every deck that plays this card now...

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Yeah, that's an aggro deck. Any good aggro deck is going to have utility (read: burn spells) to get through their opponents minions in the early game. Tempo is something that all decks have, regardless of win strategy. A tempo advantage, for example, is when you have more board presence than your opponent. This tempo advantage gives you the opportunity to do more than continue to build the board. You can play utility, removal, ect.

In a perfect world, sure. The turn you win by isn't as relevant as the strategy you employ to win. Aggro decks put early to mid game pressure out through low cost minions and buffs. If your aggro deck runs out of steam mid game, then you have a backup strat for the late game through Antonidas/Dr. Boom, and you can potentially finish hard with them.
    A few burn cards yes but you're running multiple cards that also deal with specifically creatures and you're running utility spells. Most aggro decks don't run those cards (Quick Draw + Kill Command for Facehunter and Darkbomb + ? for DemonZoo right now). While there are other variants out there I understand those are the most common. Tempo runs Frostbolt, Fireball, Mirror Image and Flame Cannon. I don't count Unstable Portal since I consider it the same as Animal Companion in that you're gaining a creature more than anything. Tempo specifically tries for more board advantage while other decks will understand you'll trade into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13
    A few burn cards yes but you're running multiple cards that also deal with specifically creatures and you're running utility spells. Most aggro decks don't run those cards (Quick Draw + Kill Command for Facehunter and Darkbomb + ? for DemonZoo right now). While there are other variants out there I understand those are the most common. Tempo runs Frostbolt, Fireball, Mirror Image and Flame Cannon. I don't count Unstable Portal since I consider it the same as Animal Companion in that you're gaining a creature more than anything. Tempo specifically tries for more board advantage while other decks will understand you'll trade into them.
    Every deck is trying for board advantage - that's what tempo is. That's why calling it 'tempo mage' is a misuse of the word 'tempo.' Also, Unstable Portal would fall under 'utility' because it can give you access to minions your class doesn't otherwise have access to, but it's random, so it doesn't really align with your aggro strategy due to being unreliable.

I'm not really sure what we're disagreeing about.

I'm not the one saying Loatheb is situational while Dr. Boom is not. I'm not the one claiming Dr. Boom is OP and needs a nerf. I'm not the one continuing to spout nonsense about cards that makes it obvious I don't understand the game and how those cards fit into it. You call me angry and accuse me of ad hominem attacks. Pointing out your lack of understanding of a game is not me being angry or attacking you. It's me clearly and deliberately trying to help you understand the game better.

It's not my fault you continue to grasp at concepts you don't seem to understand. Like I said, if you don't want to participate in the discussion, stop posting.
    I'm not the one who turned a discussion about a card into an angry insult-slinging match. Calm down and learn to deal with the fact other people have different opinions to you without trying to demean their understanding of the game or ability.

You've said a lot of stupid things in this thread and are in no position to look down on anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why calling it 'tempo mage' is a misuse of the word 'tempo.'
    All the deck names are misused. In a zoo deck I see no zebras, lions or chimpanzees or any rare tropical parrots. In a mill deck no one is grinding flour to make bread. In a handlock deck no one gets handcuffed. It's all fanboy BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    All the deck names are misused. In a zoo deck I see no zebras, lions or chimpanzees or any rare tropical parrots. In a mill deck no one is grinding flour to make bread. In a handlock deck no one gets handcuffed. It's all fanboy BS.
    They're actually lore references you see when Gul'Dan was a teenager he worked part time at a petting zoo and people wanted to honor that by making a deck of low cost minions reflective of the small animals that Gul'Dan had to deal with during his time there.

Mill deck refers to how before the war of the ancients the Stormrage family was world renown for their bakeries. Many would use their druidic powers to hurl typhoons at the windmills to crush the grain just the right amount to make the ever popular Stormrage herbs 'n' cheese bread.

Handlock just refers to Gul'Dan's dark phase of being a Fifty Shades of Grey fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
    They're actually lore references you see when Gul'Dan was a teenager he worked part time at a petting zoo and people wanted to honor that by making a deck of low cost minions reflective of the small animals that Gul'Dan had to deal with during his time there.

Mill deck refers to how before the war of the ancients the Stormrage family was world renown for their bakeries. Many would use their druidic powers to hurl typhoons at the windmills to crush the grain just the right amount to make the ever popular Stormrage herbs 'n' cheese bread.

Handlock just refers to Gul'Dan's dark phase of being a Fifty Shades of Grey fanboy.
    This is... strangely perfect. Well done sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zoo refers to MTG deck that originally did feature Savanah Lions and Kird Apes as well as other low mana to power ratio. It's named after the many different creature types that deck featured.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers...=962&type=card
    http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers...1577&type=card

Mill decks refers to the original MTG card that made you discard your opponent's deck, which was called Millstone.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers...3802&type=card

And handlock, is a warlock deck that works by having your hand full of cards.
    Last edited by Felya; 2015-06-18 at 03:05 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Please publish Jaina's backstory as a DJ!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Please publish Jaina's backstory as a DJ!
    Your wish is my command.

Even in her high school years Jaina wanted to be a DJ to make her opinion and taste in music known to the world under the guise of DJ Boob-Window, but sadly she was forced into Mage school by her parents. After her father's death she saw it as the perfect opportunity to strike out on her own to be her own woman, a DJ of Legends. Upon reaching the Dustwallow marsh Jaina made certain that her tower would be the tallest in the fort so she might do under cover (and illegal) ham radio operations that would reach everyone from Tanaris to Ogrimmar. Unfortunately her taste in music was not shared by her people or even the Horde. After six years of listening to the same five songs every night her soldiers attempted to make a break for it and used "expansion" as an excuse to try to get away. Meanwhile in Orgrimmar Garrosh had been waiting patiently for an excuse to put an end to our heroine DJ Boob-Window and Alliance "expansion" was just the perfect opportunity for him to get rid of her. The mana-bombing of Theramore wiped out her "fanbase" and destroyed her radio tower a near victory for Garrosh save for the fact after taking over Dalaran she turned to Telemarketing.....

Someone else already corrected you about the deck names you brought up, so I won't respond to that. As far as the use of the word 'tempo' goes, it's important for players to know what tempo is and how it relates to the game, as it serves a core function in card games like HS. If a player is trying to get better at the game, has a deck named 'tempo mage,' it would be helpful to understand what tempo actually is, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce
    I'm not the one who turned a discussion about a card into an angry insult-slinging match.
    1. I'm not angry about anything. I'm pretty sure that's you projecting your own feelings onto me.

2. I'm not slinging insults at anyone. In fact, I haven't insulted anyone (at least not intentionally). If you feel insulted by our exchange, I've given you at least two opportunities to avoid any further exchange, which you've decided not to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce
    Calm down and learn to deal with the fact other people have different opinions to you without trying to demean their understanding of the game or ability.

You've said a lot of stupid things in this thread and are in no position to look down on anyone.
    Forums exist for discussion. Part of discussion is the sharing of information with others. From time to time people are going to disagree, and someone is going to be wrong about something. Instead of getting offended/upset by someone trying to help you understand the game better, you should learn to adapt your opinions when it's appropriate. Maybe you're wrong about Dr. Boom? Maybe it's worthwhile to step back from the discussion and reevaluate what others are telling you about the card.

And whether or not you think the things I say are stupid/wrong is besides the point: you don't have to participate in a discussion. If you keep posting, or responding to my posts, you're tacitly agreeing to participate, and should probably take some responsibility for your actions, instead of just blaming others for 'attacking you.'

Your wish is my command.

Even in her high school years Jaina wanted to be a DJ to make her opinion and taste in music known to the world under the guise of DJ Boob-Window, but sadly she was forced into Mage school by her parents. After her father's death she saw it as the perfect opportunity to strike out on her own to be her own woman, a DJ of Legends. Upon reaching the Dustwallow marsh Jaina made certain that her tower would be the tallest in the fort so she might do under cover (and illegal) ham radio operations that would reach everyone from Tanaris to Ogrimmar. Unfortunately her taste in music was not shared by her people or even the Horde. After six years of listening to the same five songs every night her soldiers attempted to make a break for it and used "expansion" as an excuse to try to get away. Meanwhile in Orgrimmar Garrosh had been waiting patiently for an excuse to put an end to our heroine DJ Boob-Window and Alliance "expansion" was just the perfect opportunity for him to get rid of her. The mana-bombing of Theramore wiped out her "fanbase" and destroyed her radio tower a near victory for Garrosh save for the fact after taking over Dalaran she turned to Telemarketing.....
    10/10

Forums exist for discussion. Part of discussion is the sharing of information with others. From time to time people are going to disagree, and someone is going to be wrong about something. Instead of getting offended/upset by someone trying to help you understand the game better, you should learn to adapt your opinions when it's appropriate. Maybe you're wrong about Dr. Boom? Maybe it's worthwhile to step back from the discussion and reevaluate what others are telling you about the card.
    This is some great advice you should consider taking!