Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    One of my favorite characters in Warcraft lore has been turned into a fat blue blob. I guess the whole idea of possibly acquiring his staff as a legendary has gone out the window as well.

I'm pretty sure another thread regarding this popped up before, but I am here to feel entitled and victimized.
    what staff, please give link

I think the backstory for his transformation is pretty solid here and makes sense, though I suppose you could argue that these fight mechanics should have been used for a resurrected/spirit-form Nerzhul too. Either one works really

Quote Originally Posted by Illadanati View Post
    what staff, please give link
    It's in another post if you looked.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not as if the other Gorefiend no longer exists.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    He would be 100 times better if he belly mouth puked rainbow. All the time. Or at least was going crazy nomnomnom.

Right now he just looks idiotic.
    He definetly needs to have the thok nomnomnom mechanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

He should have just stuck with the name Teron'gor. He was named Gorefiend in PU as a formality in becoming a DK. Now it just feels arbitrary when he doesn't resemble anything like the true Gorefiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I admit, it wasn't what I was expecting, and still seems weird to me. I'm not sold on it.

I think a big part of my problem is, while his upper body looks grotesque and all, I can't stop staring at his dangling, delicate little baby feet.

You never see the feet. He's always submerged in goop from the mouthbelly down.

Also, for those interested, here's my imgur album of the garrison campaign involving Gorefiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Disagree.
    I don't want another Death Knight Orc (hi saurfang) for reasons, specially since he would have just came back as an orc. Nope, boring.
    Atleast he looks unique and disgustingly awesome. His transformation makes sense aswell, his whole involvement this expac has been based around feasting on souls. But whateves, thats your opinion.
    To be fair, Teron Gorefiend Death Knights aren't the same as Lich King's Death Knights, so they could have had an interesting twist to it.

Since Gorefiend used to be in a human body, but this time, there isn't that many human bodies laying around. It could have used the body of Maraad. That would have been a bit more interesting than this big blob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gorefiend wasn't like the other DKs if you know the lore.
    Yeah he was shoved into a human corpse. Cool. He was still a DK.

That's a little facetious, Shampro. First generation death knights are nothing like the death knights of today. They only share a name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gul'dan's Death Knights =/= Scourge Death Knights. There's a very clear difference.

I mean, if you want to simplify things to the point of ridiculousness, Gorefiend is still an Orc, so is Deathbringer Saurfang! Do you see how absolutely idiotic that line of thinking is?

Plus, there's... what? One human corpse on AU Draenor?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love his new form. It looks awesome. Nurgle-ish indeed!

Teron Gorefiend was my favorite character way back in WC2, and I still like his MU incarnation. Never much liked his appearance in TBC to be honest - I was always hoping he'd wind up as one of the Dark Riders of Karazhan. Plus his weird hood they gave him wasn't as cool as his awesome yellow hood from WC2. Staff was rad though.

Anyway, big fat soul-gorging demon Gorefiend is still awesome. Just another kind of awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    That's a little facetious, Shampro. First generation death knights are nothing like the death knights of today. They only share a name.
    He obviously doesn't care for nuance, so it's pointless to elaborate.

The only thing connecting WC2 Death Knights with include Gorefiend and Lich King Death Knights is the name. That is about it when it comes down to it

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    To be fair, Teron Gorefiend Death Knights aren't the same as Lich King's Death Knights, so they could have had an interesting twist to it.

Since Gorefiend used to be in a human body, but this time, there isn't that many human bodies laying around. It could have used the body of Maraad. That would have been a bit more interesting than this big blob.
    No, we already have draenei/eredar bosses in the raid.

Its not actually him. Read it more carefully.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

You never see the feet. He's always submerged in goop from the mouthbelly down.

Also, for those interested, here's my imgur album of the garrison campaign involving Gorefiend.
    That is a garrison campaing for 6.2 patch right?

Also, I really love the new look of gorefiend, even if he looks like Gonn from Diablo 3. And the "fight inside his stomach" mechanic in the boss encounter make it cooler.
    Last edited by fenixazul; 2015-04-26 at 05:09 AM.

Only thing I'm really disappointed with is there's very limited use of Gorefiend's Grasp in his encounter :[

There's a garrison campaign mission where you go into the depths of Auchindoun with Yrel and find Gorefiend and Tyrant Velhari down there.
    Tyrant is 3rd to last boss I think. Garrison Campaign has alot of involvement in Tanaan it should be good and very story focused. Intro GR was kinda ll over the place and some just fucking worthless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I admit, it wasn't what I was expecting, and still seems weird to me. I'm not sold on it.

I think a big part of my problem is, while his upper body looks grotesque and all, I can't stop staring at his dangling, delicate little baby feet.

Gorefiend is fucking genious honestly. Why go through all the haste of chewing food. Digesting it and having wait for it to make its way down your stomach. Just grab the whole buffet and stuff er in there AWWW yeah weightwatchers mother fucker #Dontneedthisshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Cant be worse then CHo'gall Leader of the Twighlight cult and the apocolypse

But that fucking beakface. That said you get over it. Quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    No, we already have draenei/eredar bosses in the raid.
    Quite a few actually

Tyrant / Socrethar / Archimonde. Kudos to blizzard I like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Its not actually him. Read it more carefully.
    I've read it. It's him

- - - Updated - - -

Gorefiend wasn't like the other DKs if you know the lore.
    Gorefiend is the Original setback of WoW loretards just talk about Kael despite him only dying once

Gorefiend has died NOT ONCE NOT TWICE BUT THREE TIMES in the main universe and arguably twice more in AU.

Honestly, I was taken back by the model, still find the stomach a little silly. It's just like, they took the points from the 3D model on his stomach and just pulled them in, no attempt to actually make it look like a hole.

But the fight itself seems rather interesting.