$1500-2000 Home Theater Setup

Hey all, I have plans to do a renovation and add a home theater area, but I find myself woefully lost as to the best way to go about this. I know a little about surround setups, but not enough to get me through the quagmire of technical info associated with all the different options available. I have some ideas right now, so if anyone could either give tips/advice, or just point me to a better place to ask these questions I'd be very grateful!

What I need: projector, surround speaker setup, htpc

Dimensions of the room: The room is very large, the area to be projected upon is a 12 feet wide, and as much as 10 feet tall, leaving a few feet off. Using a 16:9 dimension, this would be ~15ft diagonal. For the screen itself I am going to DIY using http://www.amazon.com/Carls-Blackout.../dp/B007KA7BAA

Projector: The projector itself will be located approximately 15 to 20 feet from the screen. I want 1080p, and so was thinking of this: http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-HD141X-...&tag=a0c729-20. The room gets pretty dark so, 3000 lumen is probably alright, but I don't know enough to say for certain.

Surround Sound: Here is where I am most lost! I want it to be 7.1, simply because of how large the room is. I have two very large speakers already (Seismic speakers, don't know exactly what type. They are a pair, both about 3 feet tall, 2 feet wide), which I figured could be the front speakers, if that is an option. It also might be best to just buy a predone speaker setup, but I don't know enough to find a good one, so definitely, any advice on this would be extremely appreciated! Do I need a receiver, and if so, what is a good option in the low-mid hundreds range?

HTPC: Three years ago I knew enough about current hardware to do this myself, but I admit I've stopped following tech developments that much. I assume there is a predone build somewhere I could look at and just buy. It would need a blu-ray player obviously, and general stuff like watching youtube videos and the like. Also a lot of hard drive space, though I suppose I could just get a large external drive.

Additional items: I would like to be able to hook an XBox 1 up to the setup as well and play off it, so if that could be easily integrated it would be awesome.

Final Thoughts: Basically I have about 1500 dollars to do a home theater setup. About 600 of that goes toward the projector I've selected above, and about 100 to the DIY projector screen. Any assistance in the speaker system/HTPC would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Deleted
    Right then, this is the core unit:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray Processor ($218.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS5X Performa CPU Cooler ($16.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($99.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($71.98 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial BX100 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($175.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card ($188.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Fractal Design Node 304 (White) Mini ITX Tower Case ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: XFX XTR 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($61.98 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) ($91.75 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $991.64
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-26 03:57 EDT-0400

You can change the CPU cooler for the upcoming Bequiet! Shadow Rock LP, which will be more cost. If you don't actually have an XBOne at the moment, I'd strongly suggest not getting one, given that the PC there should get you to 1080p on High in most games. If you aren't doing that, then look for the GTX970 ITX versions, which are weaker than their full-sized cousins, but will play practically anything on high at that resolution.