Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Good on him i hope he wins and i hope he sues that awful attention seeking girl!

Quote Originally Posted by timberx View Post
    What if there's not enough evidence? Which was what happened in this case, I believe. The rape may have very well happened, but there was no proof of it other than the girl's word.
    Innocent until proven guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Anarchist View Post
    On the other side of the coin there is quite a bit of indication that rape claims are often not taken seriously by authorities to begin with. Lots of it goes unpunished. I find it hard to take sides in a conflict such as this.
    I don't think you have to take sides, though.
    It needs to be taken with due diligence, and processed by competent professionals: not as some political ball game.

Thats the thing stuff likes this needs to be dealt with a in court room and not turned into a attention seeking freak show rally.

Rape is bad but so is destroying a innocent mans reputation which can and does lead to suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpie View Post
    Thats the thing stuff likes this needs to be dealt with a in court room and not turned into a attention seeking freak show rally.

Rape is bad but so is destroying a innocent mans reputation which can and does lead to suicide.
    He could've committed the crime just that there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute, his word versus hers.

On Wikipedia there is this scientific study in Australia were they found about 1 out of 50 rape accusations were probably false and worth investigation by police. Even one case of false accusation is bad but false rape accusations are not epidemic.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    He could've committed the crime just that there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute, his word versus hers.

On Wikipedia there is this scientific study in Australia were they found about 1 out of 50 rape accusations were probably false and worth investigation by police. Even one case of false accusation is bad but false rape accusations are not epidemic.
    That is how our justice system is built on. Its not perfect but then nothing is.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2015-04-26 at 01:23 PM.

Also source please
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Deleted

Yes Wikipedia is a reliable source, please consider everything posted there as fact

Deleted

Innocent until proven guilty.

It doesn't matter, he's a man, he was a rapist since the day he was born. Heck, even suing her is an act of rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Anarchist View Post
    On the other side of the coin there is quite a bit of indication that rape claims are often not taken seriously by authorities to begin with. Lots of it goes unpunished. I find it hard to take sides in a conflict such as this.
    Perhaps the problem is your unwillingness to consider the specific case at hand instead of being concerned with some sort of aggregate injustice. Whatever the wider scope is, it seems pretty clearcut that this particular case is a young woman with issues serially harassing and slandering an innocent young man.

People go after guns for fractions of a tenth of a percent of guns being used in crimes. In comparison, a 2% rate is ludicrously high and suffers from some of the same problems that guns have.

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay, can someone please explain why she's schlepping around a mattress?
    Last edited by Beery Swine; 2015-04-26 at 01:59 PM.
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Beery Swine View Post
    Okay, can someone please explain why she's schlepping around a mattress?
    She's a massive narcissist and found a way to get attention all the time while also having people believe she's a brave, oppressed hero.

Is this thread also going to be filled with people who think that if there isn't enough evidence for a conviction then automatically the girl is lying and it is a false accusation? Already happened a few times but this thread is young

Middle ground has no place in gen-OT
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

dumb question by why do we have university deal with rape accusations at all? if someone claims they get raped at wallmart its not wallmart that investigates and prosecutes.

7+ Year Old Account
    That didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. I mean the specific reasoning behind it. What the fuck is it supposed to mean?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    dumb question by why do we have university deal with rape accusations at all? if someone claims they get raped at wallmart its not wallmart that investigates and prosecutes.
    Because no one take rape accusations seriously, except for everyone.
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Beery Swine View Post
    That didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. I mean the specific reasoning behind it. What the fuck is it supposed to mean?
    its like modern art, its not supposed to mean anything or have any actual connection to the topic

I love the " well I cannot support him because of all the rape culture that happens ".
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Don't the two bolds contradict each other?

If the vast majority of accused rapists are not jailed then that shows false accusations are pretty widespread.
    No it doesn't. An accusation which cannot be proven beyond reasonable doubt is not the same as an accusation found to be false. Due to the nature of the crime there are very often no other witnesses. It's incredibly hard to prove rape. That doesn't actually mean the accuser is lying.