Deleted

Rogue pvp in BG's - Everything breaks stealth!

I like my Rogue alt and I have fun in arena/duels but my god... in BG's it's so annoying that everything breaks CC.

I remember back in the day wachting out for flares but now I have to be afraid of every single AoE ability ingame?
    Also, how come hunter frost traps break CC!?
    What's extra annoying is that as soon as you are out of stealth in a BG, you are the prime target right away and get blown up in 3 seconds unless you watse a CD

Think there is a chance that they dont let every aoe ability break CC anymore?

Deleted
    If a CD is wasted when it keeps you alive, I don't know what would be considered using it to its full potential.

Stealth is an annoying mechanic to deal with for the other side, so don't look at it entirely from a narrow viewpoint.
    Especially since it no longer has the speed penalty which was well deserved.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Stealth is an annoying mechanic to deal with for the other side, so don't look at it entirely from a narrow viewpoint.
    Especially since it no longer has the speed penalty which was well deserved.
    Fair enough, but in a world (of warcraft) that is nowdays filled with classes that can crit 1/3 my health in a single strike it's our only real survival tool.
    Especially since we hardly have a decent heal that every other class does seem to have.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Fair enough, but in a world (of warcraft) that is nowdays filled with classes that can crit 1/3 my health in a single strike it's our only real survival tool.
    Especially since we hardly have a decent heal that every other class does seem to have.
    I got full arena gear and I get blown away in a matter of 3-4 hits from anything. recuperate is damn near pointless to have up, and if I have to have recuperate up and spam feint, whats the point? I find stealth will randomly break for me as well, even if I have no dots or anything on me, usually when I am sneeking up behind someone.

As rogues, we shouldn't have to glyph abilities like Recuperate to stay alive. They need to put crippling poison back on the pvp set to proc with other poisons, I miss using Leeching Poison, it used to help quite a bit, but not you are FORCED to use crippling poison. eventhough every class just walks out of the slowing effect two seconds later...
    Strap on your shields and raise your banners, Hear the call of raging battle
    Beneath a hail of burning arrows
    Push ever forward, never surrender
    Siege weapons tolling out like thunder, Ripping the city walls asunder
    Columns of flame reach ever skyward
    Horizons filled with burning pyres

Deleted
    You have glyphed and Talented (spammable)Feint which reduces all dmg taken by 30% for 7 seconds (+ 50% less AOE dmg). Not strong enough? Ok, then you have BoS to escape from combat whenever you want to. Evasion, Blind, Vanish ... You have so many tools to avoid dmg, it's not all about healing what keeps you alive.

Deleted
    Sometimes you just get hit out of nowhere and you go out of stealth. And I don't just mean by hunter barrages.

And why do you go out of stealth when slowed by a trap or feared anyway?

Phasing tech pretty much messes up stealth as well as buffs (eg achievements, capping a node, etc). Then there are the subterfuge bugs.

Debuffs fly around and are pretty much automated along with pets. Everything is on auto pilot with macros (eg Death gripping a Vanish).

I still don't understand the mechanics of Death grip because apparently not even Vanish can counter it. I know Evasion and CloS can't (unless something has changed that I am unaware of).

Hunter barrage is so annoying. Luckily its changing in 6.2.
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD

You should save at least 1 vanish in random BGs for staying alive. If you juggle your vanishes right you die less than all other classes while staying competitive for most KBs. I don't know why but I don't see many rogues use vanish wisely.

Also about recuperate, yes it is not a strong self heal by any means, but it IS stronger than it used to be in previous expansions. It got a minor buff in WoD where health pools skyrocketed and it didn't get nerfed, unlike most other % heals which did get nerfed.

Other than barrage and the bug that causes stealth to occasionally break from apparently nothing, rogue is in a great place for random BGs imo. Try combat/assassination too if you haven't.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    rogues shouldn't have to spam Feint to stay alive. feint is the dumbest ability they invented. why should I have to spam some weak semi-protection ability that reduces AOE damage (like it matters when you can have AOE down and get single targeted anyways) to keep alive when the whole point of a rogue is supposed to be high damage? If I have to spam Feint to stay alive, then I am not doing anything else besides keeping Feint and Recuperate up, and then at that point why bother?

And about BoS, they have ruined that ability into the ground. They gave us shuriken toss and BoS to help against ranged, rogues finally have a chance against anything ranged and they decided, "well, Jim... looks like rogues are killing ranged classes. Better pile up the energy cost to these abilities and fuck with them. Oh, looks like BoS needs a CD now, wouldn't want a rogue to catch up to a hunter or druid or anything" What grinds my gears is that every class can seemingly walk away from a rogue. Crippling poison sucks and is laughable. BoS is pretty much only good for running a flag. Crippling Poison should be part of the PvP set like it used to be, that would allow us to use Leeching Poison and not get obliterated in about 3 shots (might help a bit), because that is the state of rogues right now. Max gear and you still get blown away. PvP is godsdamn painful as a rogue right now, the only thing that helps is the vodka ...

edit- sorry kind of getting off topic now
    Last edited by fylth; 2015-05-01 at 04:18 PM.

Stealth has always had its issues and never really been fixed, but some periods have been more 'stable' than others. There was a big influx of bugs that came with the addition of Subterfuge for example. See if adding "/cancelaura Subterfuge" into your Vanish macro increases the stability a bit.

Barrage from Hunters SHOULD NOT hit stealth targets by any means.. This needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanator1989 View Post
    Hunter barrage is so annoying. Luckily its changing in 6.2.
    I have not had any real issues with stealth getting broken this xpac more than others.

Except for something that hunters are doing now where they can break my stealth from far the fuck away with these arrow shots that seem to cone in front of them. I guess that is this barrage you speak of - and that is something that seems new, at least I almost never had stealth broken at 30+ yard distances before. It means nothing with BoS anyhow - but still that was new.

- - - Updated - - -

You speak a lot of truth here. Feint (with glyph) does reduce ST damage too i believe, but dam if this isn't horrible design. I don't think any other class has to spam something as a mit - they pop things with cds that overwhelm the other players, if im spamming feint... I'm not spamming sinister strike... Rogues must've been the gods of wow in vanilla - because it shell shocked blizz to permanently neuter them.

Oh by-the-way, nice 30 second nerf to CoS incoming LOLOLOLOLOL! Fuck you blizzard.

Idk ive watched rogues do well. Check out Sativ, he just hit 2600 in 3s
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I have not had any real issues with stealth getting broken this xpac more than others.

Except for something that hunters are doing now where they can break my stealth from far the fuck away with these arrow shots that seem to cone in front of them. I guess that is this barrage you speak of - and that is something that seems new, at least I almost never had stealth broken at 30+ yard distances before. It means nothing with BoS anyhow - but still that was new.

- - - Updated - - -

You speak a lot of truth here. Feint (with glyph) does reduce ST damage too i believe, but dam if this isn't horrible design. I don't think any other class has to spam something as a mit - they pop things with cds that overwhelm the other players, if im spamming feint... I'm not spamming sinister strike... Rogues must've been the gods of wow in vanilla - because it shell shocked blizz to permanently neuter them.

Oh by-the-way, nice 30 second nerf to CoS incoming LOLOLOLOLOL! Fuck you blizzard.
    ah yes.. back when you had to spec 50/100% into Sap to remain stealthed, but it lasted 1 minute. Sap the guy at LM, cap flag, stand there and laugh. ohh the days before trinkets.

yeah and good thing we don't know how to throw a dagger further than 30 feet or disarm a trap. I can pick a lockbox, but at LEVEL 100 I forgot how to disarm traps. makes sense...

Spam feint all day lol