View Poll Results: Would you get an I.D chip installed in YOU?

Voters
239. This poll is closed
  • Yes.

86 35.98%
  • No.

153 64.02%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Never in a million years will i give fascists the ultimate tool for control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The proper question would be why do it if there's no need? Implanting anything in your body is not a trivial thing. There will be complications, issues and so on.

You can implant the chip all you want, but while it can be as easily used in a form of a plastic card or a bracelet I see no reason for invasive approach.

Think also about upgrades to the chip, hardware upgrades.
    Well think of a easy in and easy out kind of thing, I am not talking about a chip embedded in your spine or something, I just mean it's implanted in you, like something that can be taken out or put in like 10 mins TOPS!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    If it could be proven relatively secured, and could allow you to do bank transactions, allow doctors to review your medical history, and or start or operate any major device you OWN, would you get a chip installed in you?
    I wouldn't mind getting a chip installed, if it was for better reasons than those. I can already do bank transactions, and my medical history is already easily available to doctors. I can already start a major device just by turning a key. If the chip did all of that and then some I'd be more inclined to get one, but with how it's described now it just doesn't seem beneficial enough to bother with. :/

Deleted
    Sure if it would be useful and not very expensive.

Or, bear with me, use a ring instead. Same shit, and you can throw it away when the nanny state decides to do a purge on x or y class of citizen.

You're not a pet animal, you don't need to be implanted with a tracking device. Leave the implants for technology that needs direct neural interaction, not something that might as well be an accessory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Is it a suppository?
    Calm down Jester, Calm down, it's just a chip, nothing to get excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    Or, bear with me, use a ring instead. Same shit, and you can throw it away when the nanny state decides to do a purge on x or y class of citizen.

You're not a pet animal, you don't need to be implanted with a tracking device. Leave the implants for technology that needs direct neural interaction, not something that might as well be an accessory.
    That completely defeats the purpose, since the ring can be lost or stolen.

Calm down Jester, Calm down, it's just a chip, nothing to get excited about.
    I was just curious!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking about it, it'd be cool if I had a chip in my chest that I could bump my phone to and have it light up. if it leaves a 3 foot range it'll lockdown after a minute of inactivity.

Maybe something that'll record vitals, BP heart rate etc. That'd be cool as fuck.

+1 on the chip, BRING IT ON
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    I would wait a couple decades. 'cause that's kinda useless.
    Replacing limbs, with the function of the chip and more, that would be great.
    Privacy is already dead. I'm carrying a smartphone everyday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It's like a Tom Cruise movie in here.
    Speed 2: Cruise Control?

#TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sohalia View Post
    I wouldn't mind getting a chip installed, if it was for better reasons than those. I can already do bank transactions, and my medical history is already easily available to doctors. I can already start a major device just by turning a key. If the chip did all of that and then some I'd be more inclined to get one, but with how it's described now it just doesn't seem beneficial enough to bother with. :/

Ok Security - Not having to carry items on you that can be easily stolen then used putting you in a spot where you have to replace CC and I.D at YOUR Expense.

Ease - Never having to remember your wallet, or worry about your 70000 billionth Passcode

Health - Travel anywhere in the world, or across the country and have medical records that can be accessed to safe your life or find you if you are in stranded.

Every time a way is invented of making our lives more efficient greedy corporate fuck wads use that as an excuse to demand more work from people (because they are more efficient ) and pay them less money for it (because it's easier.)

Sadly I no longer see humans around me. Just a bunch of corporate meat robots now going from one assignment to the next.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well women get breast implants, I haven't heard of that being any significant complication, and honestly if this technology did go on the market, it would be something like a AppleWatch that YOU pay for I would imagine.
    Breast implants have no external option. And there ARE issues with those. Depending on the quality, but since it's not a rocket science product - it's just silicon. There cannot be many venues for issues to arise from. Sometimes they pop and need replacement. Sometimes they cause allergic reactions, etc. But that's besides the point that women just have no viable external option.

My point is. Why go all the way to implant something inside your body for all that that entails, if you can just as easily achieve the same result by wearing that chip on your wrist? I mean if there's no benefit of having it implanted at all apart from it being implanted and not worn - what's the point?
    I would understand the need to implant a chip if it goes in your brain to give you some additional features. Like basic math knowledge, or logic 101 module. Some people are in dire need of those, I'm all for it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I can do all that on my phone already
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Abso-facking-lutely not, in a bajillion years, would I consent to such a thing. I would lobby against the government providing them, and against the government having any access to information from any that are provided through the private sector. It's up to ourselves and our neighbors to make each other feel safer and be safer, through good citizenship and compassion and decency, not through a panoptican security/surveillance state.

10+ Year Old Account
    and, lol at the paranoid "OMG BIG BROTHER" people

#TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I like what one person said, as long as you can turn it on and off
    No, I meant similar to the chips that getting implanted in dogs. Your crucial information, accessible at any time.
    And really purely medical..

Quote Originally Posted by Vea Lea View Post
    food doesnt get implanted in your body it goes out again
    That's factually false.....
    The waste goes out, the rest remains, and is stored, else you'd suffer from malnutrition.
    It's the sole reason why people also get fat.... If everything would go out again, no one would be overweight ever.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    this is just a part of the illuminatis plan to take over the world
    anyone who gets a chip in them deserves to be a slave of the government for the rest of their lives

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    How dare you! That was NOT Tom Cruise!
    and here I thought he developed my car's auto pilot feature

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    anyone who gets a chip in them deserves to be a slave of the government for the rest of their lives
    and anyone who believes this, deserves a psychiatric exam for schizophrenia.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Abso-facking-lutely not, in a bajillion years, would I consent to such a thing. I would lobby against the government providing them, and against the government having any access to information from any that are provided through the private sector. It's up to ourselves and our neighbors to make each other feel safer and be safer, through good citizenship and compassion and decency, not through a panoptican security/surveillance state.

Why do you have to get in the way of progress, why not enjoy the life you have rather than waste it on things you aren't likely to be in control of anyways.

It's up to ourselves and our neighbors to make each other feel safer and be safer, through good citizenship and compassion and decency, not through a panoptican security/surveillance state.

I agree, this would help that.