Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Your ignorance/racism against Mexicans aside... Americans wouldn't/couldn't do these jobs. The people that hire illegal immigrants aren't going out of their way to hire them. They know its against the law and that it is extremely risky and are forced into it by how much Americans want to be paid.

Some farmer can afford to pay a couple of a illegals $100 a week to pick produce in his fields all day every day for a few months in the year. He can't afford to pay an American $15 an hour with breaks, short days, only 5 days a week, to do the same thing. Not only would it cost him astronomically more, which he can't afford, he would also make less money because less is getting done.

An American isn't going to work 12 hours a day 7 days a week for $100 a week. And if the farmer who is barely getting by can no longer hire illegals to work at that rate and that pay, he just isn't going to hire anyone because he just can't afford it. So there just wouldn't be those jobs at all anymore.

You act like illegals are making good money and stealing good jobs from hard working respectable Americans... No... Not at all. They are doing work no one else will do, at basically slave wages, all while paying the same property/sales taxes as everyone else.
    Where did I show any ignorance against mexicans in that post or even mention any ethnicity at all?

American's can and will do just about any job if the pay is worth it. Show me any job Americans won't do and I will show you a job that isn't paying what the labor is worth to do it.

You need to look at wages both before and after the wages died and adjust them for inflation as well. And you also need to take into account the fact that many won't be able to pay them what they are worth anymore due to the fact that they now based on their stuff on paying below that for so long it will take them time to readjust to paying what it is worth.

Never said the illegals are making good money, I said they lowered the prevailing wages for those jobs well below what those jobs are worth for a long time and it is now so low most legal labor wouldn't waste their time working for that little. Quit trying to lower the wages below what is reasonable and readjust it where the jobs actually pay what the labor is worth and then you will get more legal people to do it.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2015-04-26 at 08:51 PM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    No, some of them do, because there's currently nothing stopping them from getting the child tax credit. It's the only tax return item they're eligible for, however. All other tax credits require a valid SSN.
    yeah.... but to get that return, you have to have kids as well
    Most illegals I've ever met never filed anything, but they do pay taxes, and here's why...
    Being illegal violates the immigration laws.. That much is clear. But that isn't a felony.
    Not paying taxes, now we talk felony.
    And these people are optimists. They all hope to become legal one day. Now, if you're caught or have to disclose that you've worked under the table without ever paying taxes, that can get you in trouble with the IRS and lead to a felony charge.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    They don't file for tax returns... There's nothing they get back.
    They DO file it. If they are paying taxes, they are getting money back. You are thinking off the other kind, the one under the table.

Deleted
    Only one solution. Remove public schools!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    They DO file it. If they are paying taxes, they are getting money back. You are thinking off the other kind, the one under the table.
    Do your taxes getting taken out of your paycheck or do you pay them yourself?
    During the year you pay constantly taxes..... Every single paycheck taxes have been taken out from it.
    Now.... If in the new year, you don't file your taxes you won't get anything. You just paid taxes, but that's it..
    No return, if you don't file and claim deductions.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Only one solution. Remove public schools!!
    NO. Something donation based would work. Illigals can attend school, but the money would be separate, and it would be donation based. That way liberals can pay extra separately (which will make sure taxes does not increase, while everyone gets education).

10+ Year Old Account
    NO. Something donation based would work. Illigals can attend school, but the money would be separate, and it would be donation based. That way liberals can pay extra separately (which will make sure taxes does not increase, while everyone gets education).
    Just who do you want to donate the money? The illegals? And that's really pretty discrimanitory if you ask me. The children of the illegals have done nothing wrong.....why should they not be allowed to go to school?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Just who do you want to donate the money? The illegals? And that's really pretty discrimanitory if you ask me. The children of the illegals have done nothing wrong.....why should they not be allowed to go to school?
    So, we tax payers keep getting fucked? I mean if you support illigal immigrantion, then YOU have to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDotter View Post
    Keep in mind it is ridiculously hard for people to immigrate here legally .. from what I understand there's some people that have been waiting 20+ years just to find out wether their visa is approved or denied.
    Part of the reason that it is so hard to immigrate legally is that the immigration court system is overburdened by the illegal immigration problem that the US has.

And then, to make matters even more obnoxious, in many cases, illegal immigrants can jump the queue because politics and la Raza. Illegal immigration perpetuates modern day slavery, and creates an underclass that can be used for political purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    alright... let's go down to the meat and potatoes.....
    A person born on US soil is by US law entitled to US citizenship.
    The children of illegal parents, born in the US are with that entitled to become US citizen.
    They can go to school here, they can grow up here, and one day they will pay YOUR retirement funds into the Social security system where your money comes out from.
    Mind you, that no one ever pays enough money into that fund to even just break even on the take out.
    You pay a lot less money into it, than you'll gonna take out when you are retired.

So now, think again...... You want the future generation of Americans be educated properly and pay for your needs through good income they can have. Or do you want them to remain dumber and the system eventually collapses, and you end up with no retirement funds, but with a welfare check, which is a lot lower?

They get a single tax credit. All other tax credits require a valid SSN.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Where did I show any ignorance against mexicans in that post or even mention any ethnicity at all?

American's can and will do just about any job if the pay is worth it. Show me any job Americans won't do and I will show you a job that isn't paying what the labor is worth to do it.

You need to look at wages both before and after the wages died and adjust them for inflation as well. And you also need to take into account the fact that many won't be able to pay them what they are worth anymore due to the fact that they now based on their stuff on paying below that for so long it will take them time to readjust to paying what it is worth.

Never said the illegals are making good money, I said they lowered the prevailing wages for those jobs well below what those jobs are worth for a long time and it is now so low most legal labor wouldn't waste their time working for that little. Quit trying to lower the wages below what is reasonable and readjust it where the jobs actually pay what the labor is worth and then you will get more legal people to do it.
    The general level of ignorance you espouse is masked by your ability to use proper grammatical sentence structure, spelling, and capitalization. You constantly claim that the farming jobs were above $10.50 controlling for inflation yet you cite no source. You are just spewing anecdotal bullshit because that's all Republicans have to win arguments, Lies without evidence. This group of people is the same group of people who whine for "free-market principles" and then whine when farming jobs are cheap and when gas prices go above $2.50, make up your god damn deluded minds.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, we tax payers keep getting fucked? I mean if you support illigal immigrantion, then YOU have to pay.
    Do you know the amount of money that comes out of your taxes to pay for education? It's like, 2% of your taxes. And that's for ALL public educational purposes.

If you want to make a fuss about it, maybe you could get the half a penny that comes out of your taxes each month that pays for "all those illegal immigrants" back.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

First, post something else like neutral sites. CNN and Huffington is Liberal Sites. You simply can not trust them. Second, according to CNN money, Illigals DO drain the system, except it views as investment into the future, which is true if the money would have come out separately. We are spending existing money to pay for new students, meaning less for each student. Second, illigal immigration is not periodic event, by the time we get profit from our investment, we spent far more money for another generation of illigal studnets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying really hard to understand where you're coming from. Here we have a very large population of immigrates. From experience.....legal or not....they go to work, take care of their families, and PAY taxes. Do you know how much it costs to get papers to become a citizen here? Have a friend (gasp...an illegal) who came here when he was a child, went to school, went to work, had a family...ect. Fast forward to his early 30's....he got a DUI...ooops...illegal...immediatly deported. His family hired a coyote to smuggle him back.....to get papers it costs around 20 grand and can take years. So yes, he is living in fear but he still goes to work and pays taxes...he pays his share.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Do you know the amount of money that comes out of your taxes to pay for education? It's like, 2% of your taxes. And that's for ALL public educational purposes.

If you want to make a fuss about it, maybe you could get the half a penny that comes out of your taxes each month that pays for "all those illegal immigrants" back.
    well you have federal tax, state tax, property tax all goes to education.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekias1337 View Post
    The general level of ignorance you espouse is masked by your ability to use proper grammatical sentence structure, spelling, and capitalization. You constantly claim that the farming jobs were above $10.50 controlling for inflation yet you cite no source. You are just spewing anecdotal bullshit because that's all Republicans have to win arguments, Lies without evidence. This group of people is the same group of people who whine for "free-market principles" and then whine when farming jobs are cheap and when gas prices go above $2.50, make up your god damn deluded minds.
    Grammar-nazi, I see.

I don't keep active links to every post I make, not many really do. Also, I am not a republican.

I said they need to pay what the job is worth if they want to get people to do them. Quit offering well below what the job is worth and then complaining when no one is willing to work them.

It gets annoying watching people using the lie "These are jobs Americans don't want to do" when there are plenty of Americans who are willing to do any job if the pay is enough. Hell, there are Americans who are willing to work for well below what a job is worth if they are desperate enough, but even they have limits.

Edit: And the only times I imagine rates being this low is either with illegal labor or during the old days when farmers had large families who did it for the group effectively for free to help support the whole.

But, I do not have active links to support this as I typically don't collect them.

Edit again: Also, trying to find the link to the article I read that stated wages paid before they were suppressed but it is an article I haven't read in years and looking for farm worker pay from decades ago is a pretty obscure thing to look for, let alone find a relevant article about it that includes actual relevant pay scales.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2015-04-26 at 09:16 PM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    An American isn't going to work 12 hours a day 7 days a week for $100 a week. And if the farmer who is barely getting by can no longer hire illegals to work at that rate and that pay, he just isn't going to hire anyone because he just can't afford it. So there just wouldn't be those jobs at all anymore.
    You realize you're completely wrong here. If that were the case the illegals would stay home. The immigrants (legal and non) that i've worked with before were making very good wages.

I picked onions in the fields in New Mexico. You got paid $12 for each box you filled up. A 16 year old boy that I was friends with was generally pulling in $15 to $30 an hour because of how fast he was at doing the work. He used the money to put himself through college because I remember him saying that he couldn't get grants (I'm assuming he was a resident and not a citizen). I generally made between $8 and $12 an hour, because I'm a white american. All the people who worked there said I was the only white guy they've ever seen working there. I only stayed for a month because I came back home in the east for other reasons, but the money is there and it's available to anyone who wants to do the work .. however only certain people are willing (or able) to do the work.

I should also add that the hours were generally 5am/6am to however long it took to clear the field which was somewhere between 2pm and 6pm. Generally we only worked 5 days a week, but sometimes they worked 6 day weeks too from what I was told.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    I'm trying really hard to understand where you're coming from. Here we have a very large population of immigrates. From experience.....legal or not....they go to work, take care of their families, and PAY taxes. Do you know how much it costs to get papers to become a citizen here? Have a friend (gasp...an illegal) who came here when he was a child, went to school, went to work, had a family...ect. Fast forward to his early 30's....he got a DUI...ooops...illegal...immediatly deported. His family hired a coyote to smuggle him back.....to get papers it costs around 20 grand and can take years. So yes, he is living in fear but he still goes to work and pays taxes...he pays his share.
    How much is your friends income? What is his skill level? If income is 2 dollars, pay .50 cent, takes out 3 dollar. Thats not fair is it? You are forgetting there are legal immigrants here as well who waited more than 10 years. Who has the same low skill level as your friend. It makes very difficult to get out of poverty for the legal immigrant due to your friend competing for the same job. I do not think you care, since you are probably in another high skill sector, but would you care say if gov't opened immigrantion from China and other Asian nations, meaning doctors, engineer, computer programers, business directors etc. suddenly compete with you?