Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

is wow token selling for 42k+ or is just a illusion?

lest take a imaginary scenario token is at 33k 2 mil people buy it after 33k nobody else buys it price reaches 44k 2mil people sell it so that s assumption ofc but if the system is like this it can drop to 33k without a single guy buying it between 33k and and 44k
    so are you re token getting sold for 42k when price is at 42k?
    edit :and why is price going 13k up than down 13k on us goes only 4k up than down
    Last edited by mmoc1bc8e6de49; 2015-04-26 at 08:13 PM.

Because in the US there are more people wanting to buy gold than in Europe.

You get 42 k if you posted it on the AH when it was valued at 42k.

Deleted
    do you know for sure did you sell at 42k+?
    i saw some post on us in weak 1 of people complaining the they put the token and i sold for less

https://wowtoken.info/

I grabbed 3 tokens yesterday when they were at 19K and change. I've got a feeling we'll see them drop to around 15K sooner or later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omega8 View Post
    do you know for sure did you sell at 42k+?
    i saw some post on us in weak 1 of people complaining the they put the token and i sold for less
    It's right in the FAQ.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: How much gold will I receive when I sell a WoW Token?
    A: The gold value of a Token will be determined dynamically based on supply and demand. When you put a Token up for sale, you’ll be quoted the amount of gold you’ll receive upon a successful sale. If you then decide to place the Token up for sale, that amount is locked in, and the gold will be sent to your mailbox after another player purchases your Token.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/181...token-3-2-2015

10+ Year Old Account
    You get the gold that was quoted to you when you listed.

People list them for 42k - almost NOBODY buys them at the time. Price starts plummeting to 30k, people start buying them and blizzard generates the extra 10k gold for the seller. When estimated sell time starts approaching 12 hours, you know it's going to start plummeting soon.

The "bounce" we see on EU realms.. is.. well it's big.. We're not quite there but it's almost like you could sell tokens at the high point then buy one for yourself at the low point, make some gold and get your subscription in normal order. But it's 20eur for a month vs 13 eur for a regular subscription, so all of a sudden it makes a lot of sense that they added a price premium for the token.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarlathe View Post

I grabbed 3 tokens yesterday when they were at 19K and change. I've got a feeling we'll see them drop to around 15K sooner or later.
    I was about to snatch some up at the 19k price yesterday but figured I'd wait and see if it gets lower.

There's probably less people utilizing the token system in the EU. When you have less people like that, there's bound to be greater fluctuation. The more people, the more static it becomes. That's probably why you're seeing 13k changes rather than 4k.

Deleted
    I don't buy gold from 3rd party sellers, but I checked the prices today, and 50k gold = £15. Not worth buying it from the WoW store. But if you support blizz and don't encourage third party sellers than, ye good for you. The third parties do shitty things to get gold. Hack, scam, Which is sad.

which means the mandarin market is still superior to obtain gold . Blizzard should lock prices at 35k if yhey want to deter it this fluctation is simply put retarded.

Most people view the mandarin market as boogeymen though so they will pay blizzard 20$ for 30% of it's value in gold and blizzard will continue to inflate subs and get the additonal 5$

Really smart on their part and I think it was a great idea. i would never do it though it's stupid vs alternatives.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2015-04-26 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    I was about to snatch some up at the 19k price yesterday but figured I'd wait and see if it gets lower.
    I honestly think it'll take a few more months to drop to 15K. I figure when 6.2 drops we'll see a glut on tokens come on the market.

I honestly think it'll take a few more months to drop to 15K. I figure when 6.2 drops we'll see a glut on tokens come on the market.
    possibly...potentially offset at least in part by re-subs though.

I honestly think it'll take a few more months to drop to 15K. I figure when 6.2 drops we'll see a glut on tokens come on the market
    I just can't see that many people willing to spend $20 to only get 15k gold. Even 20k seems rediculously low to me.

What i'd love to see is for them to put in a similar token system to buy sell store mounts/pets/level boosts. I would buy a bunch more that way.

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    I just can't see that many people willing to spend $20 to only get 15k gold. Even 20k seems rediculously low to me.

What i'd love to see is for them to put in a similar token system to buy sell store mounts/pets/level boosts. I would buy a bunch more that way.
    Agreed. As a buyer, sure I'm getting one hell of a deal for 15K on that $20 spent. As a seller though, I think the least I'd be happy with would be my $20 turning in to 30K gold. Buying from a third party site, you're looking at 50K gold for $21, so I'd say although illegal, they're not going to go anywhere soon. Heck, if you bought 50K gold, you could most likely buy three tokens and have your next three months of game time for the $21 spent instead of the $45 it would cost legally. That's assuming you're willing to take that risk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im probably checking at silly times, but when I do its either at 42k, or 32k lol. Ideally I am waiting for the price to hit 20-25 and then i can stock up for a while

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post

But you're forgetting that the majority don't come to boards like this. They play the game and now that they can buy gold safely, right from Blizzard, they really don't care as long as they can buy whatever it is in game they want. The vast majority of players are broke ass, you know the ones, selling x item for way less than it's worth in trade because they saw some shiney that they really, really needed. Hell, I got the Crazy Carrot pet from one for 500 gold. These are the same people that will gladly spend whatever to get legit gold right from Blizzard. They don't want to risk it from some 3rd party site.

Deleted
    The gold inflation effect will get even worse with those tokens having 13k fluctuations. Anybody who's paying attention to that token price will never buy one (for gold) when it's at peak price. Sellers (for real money) won't really post one at the minimum price either. This extra gold comes out of nowhere with each token sold, and then bought for less gold by the player from AH.

Fixed price would have worked better... flat out 35k / 20 EUR or 30k / 20 USD, like the starting pricepoint was. No extra gold is created this way.

I'm surprised to see 100% price diffrence between regions tho. Sure we have more players playing from poorer countries where buying EUR20 token is completely out of question (cos it's like a daily wage or more) but at the same time there are plenty of rather poor ppl in US region as well.

Well, at least EU version is really competitive with third party gold websites. 44k for 20 EUR is more or less what goldsellers offered just before tokens got introduced. On US side... well, 19k? That's pathetic. Spectral Tiger loot card will get you up to 1,5 million gold and it's worth $700, you still get over 2k per each dollar spent this way AND you get to keep your really rare TCG loot card (albeit scratched).

Deleted
    I don't know why it is so cheap when the game literally force feeds you gold. With the US price the tokes should be 5$/7 days playing time to make it worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Spectral Tiger loot card will get you up to 1,5 million gold and it's worth $700, you still get over 2k per each dollar spent this way AND you get to keep your really rare TCG loot card (albeit scratched).
    The spectral tiger costs about 230k - 270k on US realms, the swift version costs about 150k more. 380 - 450k.
    remember there's no difference on the speed anymore, and the normal tiger actually looks a bit cooler.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    The gold inflation effect will get even worse with those tokens having 13k fluctuations. Anybody who's paying attention to that token price will never buy one (for gold) when it's at peak price. Sellers (for real money) won't really post one at the minimum price either. This extra gold comes out of nowhere with each token sold, and then bought for less gold by the player from AH.

Fixed price would have worked better... flat out 35k / 20 EUR or 30k / 20 USD, like the starting pricepoint was. No extra gold is created this way.

I'm surprised to see 100% price diffrence between regions tho. Sure we have more players playing from poorer countries where buying EUR20 token is completely out of question (cos it's like a daily wage or more) but at the same time there are plenty of rather poor ppl in US region as well.

Well, at least EU version is really competitive with third party gold websites. 44k for 20 EUR is more or less what goldsellers offered just before tokens got introduced. On US side... well, 19k? That's pathetic. Spectral Tiger loot card will get you up to 1,5 million gold and it's worth $700, you still get over 2k per each dollar spent this way AND you get to keep your really rare TCG loot card (albeit scratched).
    The extra gold can also dissapear in the upwards jumps, when someone is quoted at 32k and then it sells for 44k etc.

Inflation was terrible this expansion anyway though, making garrison generate so much passive income with little to no work. I can see people buying tokens with real money dropping off when the new and returning players dont think they need to quickly supercharge their gold balances in a few months, unless they somehow put in a new gold sink.