Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Is a satisfying end to Warlords of Draenor even possible?

Seriously. The ideal way they could have pulled this off is by conjuring an entire alternate Draenor a la the Timeless Isle, from one "fake" reality into our own. So, when Gul'Dan would have contacted Kil'Jaedin, it would have been MU KJ, and there would be no AU. It would still be interesting as hell, giving significant implications to the legion copying themselves.

There is literally no possible satisfying end to Warlords of Draenor as it stands, though. We now know there is an infinite number of alternate universes, all with their own Burning Legions, and they can communicate with one another and allow for travel between those universes. There isn't just one Burning Legion, but countless Legions, and Sargeras(es) (is/are)n't stupid. The only possible way we can end this is by cutting ourself of from every other timeline, permanently. But, we've already been to this alternate universe, and there are already AU Blackrock orcs in the Blasted Lands. Would they disappear in the MU continuity, but remain in-game like the fightable Kor'Kron in the Barrens?

Where can we possibly go from here, aside from severing all ties with all other alternate realities?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping AU Draenor would just be a place to learn from past mistakes (much like Garrosh and Thrall), and just get the heck out of there. We haven't even gotten any new lore of the Infinite Dragonflight and Timewalkers. With that being said, the August Celestials were horribly wrong in allowing Wrathion and Garrosh escape to AU Draenor.

Only way to tie the knot is by having Wrathion appear, it was his idea to fortify an army against the Legion.

The fact that it will end someday is satisfying enough on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Only way to tie the knot is by having Wrathion appear, it was his idea to fortify an army against the Legion.
    Unless his plan was exactly this: preparing us against the Legion by having us fight the Legion.
    Signature and Avatar by maybenotquiteasheavy!

There wasn't a satisfying end to Pandatia, that's for sure. Garrosh just escaped and all this stupid shiz happened in Warlords and then he died in a questline; majorly depressing.

I'm not sure where the storyline is heading as far as time streams go. Like Polybius said, it's strange that we started this expansion with the bronze dragonflight and then haven't interacted with them since. I kind of assumed the Kairoz situation would lead to Nozdormu creating the infinite dragonflight but he hasn't been in this expansion. The infinite is really the only way to effectively close off this or the other timestreams from our reality IMO. Wrathion is in Draenor according to Blizz but that can't be trusted and he wouldn't have time powers anyway.
    Last edited by MatadorMedia; 2015-04-25 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimon View Post
    The fact that it will end someday is satisfying enough on its own.
    Very nicely put.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone dies at the end and we find out it was all just a dream that our characters where having after falling asleep at Garry's trial.

The best thing would be if patch 7.0.2 reset everyone to level 90 and deleted every last scrap of content related to WoD.

Deleted
    End of WoD will be satisfying because it will finally end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    I was hoping AU Draenor would just be a place to learn from past mistakes (much like Garrosh and Thrall), and just get the heck out of there. We haven't even gotten any new lore of the Infinite Dragonflight and Timewalkers. With that being said, the August Celestials were horribly wrong in allowing Wrathion and Garrosh escape to AU Draenor.

I personally think they scrapped that too. What they originally plan is prbly in the can & they just trying to finish up the expansion like Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think the biggest problem with this expansion is actually the name itself.

We killed the warlords off pretty early on. As a group, they are largely irrelevant by 6.1, and certainly irrelevant further on. The xpac isn't about them, in other words.

I don't know if it was just a poor naming choice and the storyline was always supposed to be this, or if the storyline was changed and the deaths of all the warlords were "pushed earlier" because of the player response to "more orcs", or what.

But regardless, it should have been called something else.

Deleted
    WoD has created a major issue for having a satisfying ending to anything in WoW. By implication of the many-world approach to time travel and allowing for multiple versions of major villains to exist, all future victories for our characters are reduced in importance because it has now been established that a non-player character can make a link to another variant of the timeline and bring said villain "back". Blizzard could have avoided this by going with the original AU Draenor as a bubble brought into the MU reality but by allowing summoning of villains, particularly Archimonde, that have been defeated in the MU reality via AU a whole can of very ugly worms has been opened for consistency of lore. Previous retcons were bad and the object plucking of End Time wasn't well thought out but WoD has been massively damaging for future lore progression.

if the storyline was changed and the deaths of all the warlords were "pushed earlier" because of the player response to "more orcs", or what.
    I think this is the case. If the original plan was to defeat the Warlords so soon, why bother with such flashy introductions for them? Why focus the story on an ineffectual villain instead of the Legion?

The expansion didn't even have a satisfying beginning, so I highly doubt it's going to have a satisfying end.

The premise alone was enough of a reason to have me feeling little other than general apathy. All i'm hoping for at this point is that we actually have a meaningful, relatable expansion coming next; preferably an expansion that sees us returning to Argus, whether to reclaim it or otherwise.

That or the Alliance-Horde War coming back like never before.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    WoD has created a major issue for having a satisfying ending to anything in WoW. By implication of the many-world approach to time travel and allowing for multiple versions of major villains to exist, all future victories for our characters are reduced in importance because it has now been established that a non-player character can make a link to another variant of the timeline and bring said villain "back". Blizzard could have avoided this by going with the original AU Draenor as a bubble brought into the MU reality but by allowing summoning of villains, particularly Archimonde, that have been defeated in the MU reality via AU a whole can of very ugly worms has been opened for consistency of lore. Previous retcons were bad and the object plucking of End Time wasn't well thought out but WoD has been massively damaging for future lore progression.
    Its amazing that Blizzard couldn't even give Alternative versions of baddies clean victories over heroes to build their cred. Players don't view the Iron Horde as a threat. They could have built them up as a threat by, for example, having AU Grommash straight-up defeat and kill AU Velen in single combat. But nooooooooooooo, they decide to kill off AU Velen but waste it by having him die in an act of self-sacrifice.

Not even alternate throwaway baddies are allowed straight-up kills over alternate throwaway heroes. Such gutless writing....

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, this expansion was a fail from the get go. It was a "boy's trip". Technically, if we locked off the portal, we would have been done. The whole storyline is for an alternate universe that ultimately feels divorced from the main storyline. Nobody gives a shit about Garrosh and he died in a quest area. Garbage.

I lost interest before it even released when I heard it was AU.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheperd View Post
    Everyone dies at the end and we find out it was all just a dream that our characters where having after falling asleep at Garry's trial.
    That would be a nice ending

Depends on how set you are on being unsatisfied.

The involvement with alt.Dreanor have created trouble (Gul'dan maybe) back home so we have to leave alt.Dreanor in the hands of the Orcs and the Draenei to rebuild and maybe start something new. I rather see a more happier ending even so far as Grom leading the new good Horde and the world being a more positive place then we got there.

I see the TBC story line and WoD being quite similar that we think we are facing one big threat Illidan but it leads to Kil'jeaden and in WoD we think its the Warlords but it is Gul'dan and Archimond. I rather be a bit surprised on how an game will end then then know the end of the game when I start it, yes I'm looking at you MoP.

Deleted
    I still hope that it got the green light because of some really fantastic ending, so unless huge amounts of felfire-diarrhoea are hitting a battle ship sized fan, I will be really disappointed