Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Pretty much all the settings in GTAV on PS4 are the equivalent to Very High on PC. Sorry to burst your bubble if you think PS4/Xbone games are running on low.
    The amount of misinformed people on this forum amuses me.

You really have no idea.

First thing, comparing screenshots means jack shit, compare videos, or even better, side by side comparison irl so there's no quality loss.

There are so many differences. Fps and resolution, loading times, anti-aliasing, LoD and popping, view distance, weather effects, textures, population (this makes a huge difference), shadows, the list goes on.

"I saw this side by side picture guys, PS4/Xbox One version is only slightly below PC, there's not much of a difference!!!"
    Last edited by Solidito; 2015-04-27 at 01:03 PM.

You apparently have never seen the game on PS4.

http://wccftech.com/gta-v-faceoff-pc-ps4-comparable/
    I would really like this thread to get back on point since some seem to be trying to make it a console vs pc arugment and its not. All my OP is saying is should consoles have PC graphic like settings and clearly the devs working on Project Cars thinks so.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Ok this really feels like this is getting offtopic. What my OP is saying is that consoles should have settings for graphics just like PC's do. Consoles are just like PC's now besides the OS on them. There is zero reason for consoles too not have settings that let u tweak the graphics.
    Most of them can't go much higher than their settings, that is why they are locked.

Also that video just proves that a mediocre PC can still out do a PS4.

Also the PS4 has a quad core and the PC in that has a dual core.

You apparently have never seen the game on PS4.

http://wccftech.com/gta-v-faceoff-pc-ps4-comparable/
    So GTA V on PS4 pushed to the limit looks as good as "Normal" settings on PC according to the author.

"Actually, what the article points out is that GTA V running on normal PC hardware with normal graphics settings looks pretty comparable to the PlayStation 4 version"

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    The amount of misinformed people on this forum amuses me.

You really have no idea.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-5-pc-face-off

First up, both consoles match the DirectX 11 ultra setting on PC for post effects - a preset that enables the same depth of field effect
    Another surprise is in how texture quality compares. It seems PS4 and Xbox One didn't compromise on normal map quality on release last year; they offered the complete package right out of the gate. This matches the PC's very high setting, even factoring in the parallax occlusion maps on brick walls and the pebble-stones lining Michael's garden. Given that this, along with its draw distance sliders and post effects, marks one of the heaviest taxes on GPU performance, the console versions come off more impressive on hindsight.
    As for foliage, this is also kept at very high settings for console (one short of the PC's demanding ultra setting). PS4 matches this preset to a tee
    Speaking of shadows, we're back in high preset territory on console here. Unlike the PC's very high setting
    In terms of geometry, console detail is identical to the PC's across the world, outside of a drop from very high tessellation to just high (a barely noticeable difference).
    So who had no idea again? Come at me bro, if you're gonna call some one out let's see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    So GTAV on PS4 pushed to the limit looks as good as "Normal" settings on PC according to the author.

"Actually, what the article points out is that GTA V running on normal PC hardware with normal graphics settings looks pretty comparable to the PlayStation 4 version"
    And they think I'm the dumb one.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    So GTA V on PS4 pushed to the limit looks as good as "Normal" settings on PC according to the author.

Normal? read the above slick.

Pretty much all the settings in GTAV on PS4 are the equivalent to Very High on PC. Sorry to burst your bubble if you think PS4/Xbone games are running on low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myself
    The only way consoles can reach PC graphics is if they make PC graphics as crappy as console graphics.
    As I was saying.

PC has superior hardware. The only way they can be equal is if the graphics are locked to the console's inferior hardware, i.e. it looks the same on PC and PS4. But who would buy such a game?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-5-pc-face-off
    So who had no idea again? Come at me bro, if you're gonna call some one out let's see it.
    So how is that helping your argument?

It just proves they are already maxing it out on your console, how do you think that you could do better?

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Most of them can't go much higher than their settings, that is why they are locked.
    Ok once again ur not reading what I am saying.

I am not asking for them to go higher I am asking for there to be settings to allow it to go lower. Give the settings a cap but let us lower them for higher performance. That can be done and it isn't hard since the current consoles are midrange PC's anyway.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Also the PS4 has a quad core and the PC in that has a dual core.
    The PS4 has an octo core with each core clocked at a measely 1.6 ghz. Apparently you don't know hardware from your arse.

That i3 is a duo core but it has 4 threads.

So how is that helping your argument?

It just proves they are already maxing it out on your console, how do you think that you could do better?
    No one is saying they want higher graphics. The devs in the link and myself are saying provide settings for games and let us chose how low or high they go. If I want to drop my game down to 720p medium settings and get higher performance then that should be my choice.

Deleted
    It's weird that there aren't really any graphics options already for console games.

I would definitely sacrifice shadow quality and advanced lighting effects/reflections to try to reach for 60 FPS instead of being stuck at 30. If it becomes too much of a trouble to test that stuff, just add popup when change the options that the game may not run optimally outside the default options.

"lens flare, rain drops, screen dirt, bloom" can also be pretty obnoxious to look at depending on how they are implemented.
    I'm tipping my fedora to these devs, definitely a move to right direction.

The PS4 has an octo core with each core clocked at a measely 1.6 ghz. Apparently you don't know hardware from your arse.

That i3 is a duo core but it has 4 threads.
    Oh sorry, thanks for helping my argument.

- - - Updated - - -

No one is saying they want higher graphics. The devs in the link and myself are saying provide settings for games and let us chose how low or high they go. If I want to drop my game down to 720p medium settings and get higher performance then that should be my choice.
    They already chose the highest settings that it could handle ... lol.

That is the point.

If you really want to micro manage, buy a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeafmuncher View Post
    It's weird that there aren't really any graphics options already for console games.

I would definitely sacrifice shadow quality and advanced lighting effects/reflections to try to reach for 60 FPS instead of being stuck at 30. If it becomes too much of a trouble to test that stuff, just add popup when change the options that the game may not run optimally outside the default options.

"lens flare, rain drops, screen dirt, bloom" can also be pretty obnoxious to look at depending on how they are implemented.
    I'm tipping my fedora to these devs, definitely a move to right direction.
    OMG someone that understands. I 100% agree let console gamers should there settings and stop giving us preset settings that cause sub 30fps gameplay.

The Current systems can push games to 60fps but at the cost of graphics and I am 100% fine with that so let me have the dam choice.

OMG someone that understands. I 100% agree let console gamers should there settings and stop giving us preset settings that cause sub 30fps gameplay.

The Current systems can push games to 60fps but at the cost of graphics and I am 100% fine with that so let me have the dam choice.
    Vsync is what causes it to sit at <=30 FPS

Oh sorry, thanks for helping my argument.
    The PS4 has a shit CPU? No, it appeared your argument was that i3 was worse when it's far superior. Everyone knows the PS4 has a shity CPU, which is why it has more CUs then a 280x and the same as a 290x, to try and take some of the computing load off of it.

They already chose the highest settings that it could handle ... lol.

That is the point.

If you really want to micro manage, buy a PC.
    Ok ill say this one more time so maybe you get it. Most games coming out on Ps4/XB1 are running at high/ultra settings depending the game. This comes at a cost of sub 30fps. There should be settings within the game to LOWER it down to lets say medium for a performance gain. Like for example let me turn off shadows or lower lens flare.

Pick any video from digital frondry comparing Ps4/Xb1 to PC and you will read in there details that the games are running around high settings compared to PC's.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9P...EQCsiIkq36PyUA

Deserve...eh, ok so all consoles are going to be 1k ish now?
    Oor...a better one..a mid to high end card and board will be $500 ish now?(I like that option...not holding breath though)

Interesting tactic.
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2015-04-27 at 01:15 PM.

Vsync is what causes it to sit at <=30 FPS
    Ok let me chose to turn vsync off and turn down shadows and AA so I can get a higher FPS just like u can on a PC.