Poll: Would you support Bonus Events in WoW?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Bonus Weekends in WoW (XP, Rep, Gold, Etc.)

What ho,

Something I really enjoy from Diablo 3 are its bonus weekends, when Blizzard will temporarily give you Experience or Magic Find bonuses for a few days. This does wonders to get the community online to play together, and it's a ton of fun.

What if these could be applied to WoW as well? Similar to how the Call to Arms weekend of the past would grant you Honour bonuses in Battlegrounds.

Examples of Bonus Weekend Events:

100% Reputation Bonus across Northrend

100% Extra Legendary Quest Items (such as Abrogator Stones) dropped in raid dungeons

25% Bonus Yield from herbs, mining nodes, fishing pools, etc.

200% Bonus Experience from Quests up to level 90

200% Extra Gold in monsters, loot caches, raid bosses, and rewards

50% Bonus Apexis Shards from doing Draenor daily zone content

The list goes on. These numbers obviously need tweaking, and perhaps some content should be restricted from these Bonus Events to avoid flooding the market with things or breaking any mechanics. Unlike Diablo 3, WoW is a persistent game with an economy and where items more or less last forever.

But overall, how would you feel about a feature such as this? Personally, I think a good Bonus Weekend could make me re-activate my subscription in a dry spot without content, because it suddenly makes a particular activity in game more rewarding and appealing.
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2015-04-27 at 06:24 PM.

Would be nice to get weekend-only rep buffs to old expansion reputation factions. Would get some people motivated to grind reputations for old expansions.

It probably wouldn't get me hyped up anymore, but I think it is something that should be done (for WoW's sake, not mine).

Not a bad idea tbh, I'd be up for that.
    I do think % increased gold is a can of worms that should never be opened though.
    The others (and plenty other ideas) would be no problem however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Driahtvacahtve View Post
    Not a bad idea tbh, I'd be up for that.
    I do think % increased gold is a can of worms that should never be opened though.
    The others (and plenty other ideas) would be no problem however.
    Gold is a bit of a wild card. Perhaps if it was in a more controlled form, such as bonus gold from treasure hunter follower missions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Would be nice to get weekend-only rep buffs to old expansion reputation factions. Would get some people motivated to grind reputations for old expansions.
    That's my line of thinking as well. There are some insane reputations out there that I'd never attempt without some form of bonus.

Do timewalker dungeon weekends count?

Sure, why not?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

They had these for battlegrounds and did away with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anguirel View Post
    Do timewalker dungeon weekends count?
    In a sense, I guess. They both serve the same purpose, only timewalker dungeons is a more advanced feature that also emphasises current gear. This is a more simplified version of getting you out in the world, and it would require very little work.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    They had these for battlegrounds and did away with it.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Current reputations need them much more than old reputations.

All over all. sure. woulden't really make me play more than I am atm, cause work, but heyo. maybe I could actully be bothered to grind the shatari defence rep <.<

Not sure gold would work, particularly now with the token.
    But xp and reputation buffs I can see having potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

The only special they need to have is like Sirius/XM, where for one weekend everybody's account would be open to play. I'm not going to sub again just because of an event. But if they want to give me free play time I'd log on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Not sure gold would work, particularly now with the token.
    But xp and reputation buffs I can see having potential.
    I think the beauty of XP would be that it would actually generate money for Blizzard, as people would subscribe and finally bother levelling up some old alts, or that class they always wanted to try out. Today you either do it the slow way alone, or the messy way with RAF - neither of which is particularly convenient if all you want is to level up quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Something I really enjoy from Diablo 3 are its bonus weekends, when Blizzard will temporarily give you Experience or Magic Find bonuses for a few days. This does wonders to get the community online to play together, and it's a ton of fun.

What if these could be applied to WoW as well? Similar to how the Call to Arms weekend of the past would grant you Honour bonuses in Battlegrounds.
    Wouldn't work simply because it's two entirely different games, WoW is run with a finite amount of items, providing boosts to gathering professions could very well crash the economy in certain aspects where that has little to no effect in Diablo.

As far as the XP boost goes, there's already potions and a highly streamlined quest line where you literally can't go wrong even if you try, and the reputation boosting is rather pointless and like shooting themselves in the foot.

If you get it to fast there's less reason for you to stay in touch with the game, which ultimately will affect some form of que taking players out of the pool.
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2015-04-27 at 08:53 PM.

Unfair for ppl that work weekends or want to go out. Pace should be the same whenever one wants to play.
    Last edited by Dyfar; 2015-04-27 at 09:12 PM.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    They need to add this, especially the gold boost.

I think this is the most terrific idea I've ever seen for a long time during my lurking on various forums.

Tweeted devs about that as well.

Bonus buffs won't have the same impact as they do in Diablo.

Most of them are pointless. Even gold, since alot of the gold players aquire comes from trade, and you cant have bonuses on that.

Most of the others would just encourage mass-grinding.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2015-04-27 at 09:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyfar View Post
    Unfair for ppl that work weekends or want to go out. Pace should be the same whenever one wants to play.
    Honestly this. If it was during the whole week and rotated out I could be fine with it. Weekend only is lame and people that can't play on the weekends will feel slighted and left behind.