Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I care because Michael Jordan is just MORE star "power" esp with whats her name in the ghost in the shell movie.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    — Winston Churchill

Another non-issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was the same when they made Kingpin black in that daredevil movie we all pretend didn't happen. The guy they got foe the job was damped perfect for it, the comic kingpin is larger than life too. But he was black, kingpin was white. It annoys me when they do that, not because of the race, per se, but because they deviated from the original idea.

To be fair though, I don't like ANY of the new F4 team. They're all...kids. it just doesn't feel right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    It was the same when they made Kingpin black in that daredevil movie we all pretend didn't happen. The guy they got foe the job was damped perfect for it, the comic kingpin is larger than life too. But he was black, kingpin was white. It annoys me when they do that, not because of the race, per se, but because they deviated from the original idea.

To be fair though, I don't like ANY of the new F4 team. They're all...kids. it just doesn't feel right.
    Oh please, Kingpin was teh only good part of that movie
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    — Winston Churchill

15+ Year Old Account
    I am sorry, I don't see any black person.... *stares at cleavage*
    Last edited by apepi; 2015-04-28 at 03:10 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I am sorry, I don't see any black person person.... *stares at cleavage*
    Kate Mara just does it for me. I don't know what it is but ever since Shooter. Just wow.

i am also waiting for the hulk to be black so the avengers will be politically correct.
    Last edited by davecrew; 2015-04-28 at 01:15 AM.

I have much more of a problem with Johnny seemingly being apart of the Baxter think tank as a science geek and Doom being a crazy blogger than I do with Johnny (And Dr. Storm) being black. Their skin color is irrelevant; the seeming mischaracterizations of Johnny and Doom, however, aren't. I honestly hope the movie fails just so Fox sells the rights back to Marvel and a proper FF movie gets made after Avengers 4. This looks uninspired, generic, and, frankly, lazy.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    I have much more of a problem with Johnny seemingly being apart of the Baxter think tank as a science geek and Doom being a crazy blogger than I do with Johnny (And Dr. Storm) being black. Their skin color is irrelevant; the seeming mischaracterizations of Johnny and Doom, however, aren't. I honestly hope the movie fails just so Fox sells the rights back to Marvel and a proper FF movie gets made after Avengers 4. This looks uninspired, generic, and, frankly, lazy.
    I don't get the impression Johnny is part of the think tank...I get the impression he's there because his father and sister are.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    These guys just aren't the Fantastic Four, in my view. I realize this movie is taking its visual queues from the Ultimate line's version of the FF, but I never thought the Ultimate line's FF was the Fantastic Four either. They're too young and not astronauts... and, yes, Johnny Storm is the wrong race.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd cast Kathy Bates as Wolverine just to scare people only to have them realize I lied and it was Still Hugh Jackman!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Peter Dinklage could play Wolverine and no-one would complain.
    Dinklage 4 Hulk!
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I honestly find this pretty f**king insulting. If marvel really wanted to push changing a characters race in their movieverse, to go along with the changing times of progressive culture, why the hell didn't they make Mr Fantastic or Ben Grimm black? That might have worked, but knowing the fact the two characters are meant to be brother and sister, it just screams ridiculous casting decisions.

Even if Michael B. Jordan is a good actor, it doesn't matter since the character he's meant to be siblings with is whiter then white. If they wanted to do this, why didn't they also look for a black actress to play the invisible woman?
    I'd like to point out that the new FF movie along with the X-Men movies are owned by Fox and not part of the shared Marvel Cinematic Universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always thought Whoopi Goldberg would make an excellent Wonder Woman...

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is to say they forced the Human Torch to be black? What if he was the best person to read for the role during auditions? And then rewrote the script to make one of them adopted?

Who the fuck cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Who is to say they forced the Human Torch to be black? What if he was the best person to read for the role during auditions? And then rewrote the script to make one of them adopted?
    I wonder if they hired the Human Torch actor before they hired the black man that's playing Johnny and Sue's father.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I wonder if they hired the Human Torch actor before they hired the black man that's playing Johnny and Sue's father.
    Almost guaranteed. You don't really hire you five minute screen time extras before your main cast.

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    Dinklage 4 Hulk!
    Or an itty bitty galactus

Only thing we know for sure is that no white female character will become black. Or has there ever been one?

I prefer white eye candy anyways, good for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Who the fuck cares?
    The people talking about it?

- - - Updated - - -

I think Channing Tatum would make an excellent Black Panther.