Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Gyro is great, I just don't think you can rely on him to be your main carry. He's more of a Razor pick, great team fight utility, always going to win his lane. But, once his flak cannon and ultimate are over he essentially does no damage and is easy to lock down, so unless he gets WAY ahead of gold and manages to get several top tier DPS items, you will end up losing team fights to simply not doing enough damage if you rely on him complete.

I really don't like the int nerf, mostly because it feels like one of those nerfs where they said "we have to nerf SOMETHING" but it won't actually affect the hero in any meaningful way. I'd really like to see barrage nerfed a little, just so it isn't a free instant kill on anyone he gets next to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I'd really like to see barrage nerfed a little, just so it isn't a free instant kill on anyone he gets next to.
    Your wish came true in 6.84c

It's still a stupidly strong hero imo, Gyro. As long as you get levels you'll dish out a ton of damage, you don't even need the farm. But as you said he falls off late and can't 1v1 many decently farmed carries.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Gyro is great, I just don't think you can rely on him to be your main carry. He's more of a Razor pick, great team fight utility, always going to win his lane. But, once his flak cannon and ultimate are over he essentially does no damage and is easy to lock down, so unless he gets WAY ahead of gold and manages to get several top tier DPS items, you will end up losing team fights to simply not doing enough damage if you rely on him complete.

I really don't like the int nerf, mostly because it feels like one of those nerfs where they said "we have to nerf SOMETHING" but it won't actually affect the hero in any meaningful way. I'd really like to see barrage nerfed a little, just so it isn't a free instant kill on anyone he gets next to.

Yeah Gyro sucks late game, in this game here http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/523013747 I had the standard carry gyro items BoTs, bkb, butterfly, mkb, Satanic and Manta but i died to a morph pretty fast.

The only way i was able to kill him was to buy 3 divines and we still killed each other at the same time.