Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fresh Alt Towed from 1-70 in Under a Minute

Sadly not possible with new accounts, as this is on adventure mode (unlockable only after finishing the story) and he's using some items that help him.

Yea the special event in that cow rift gives ridiculous amounts of experience and he also stayed within range to get the party buff. Good stuff.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post

Sadly not possible with new accounts, as this is on adventure mode (unlockable only after finishing the story) and he's using some items that help him.
    adventure mode is open to new accounts instantly in seasonal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    That's exactly the point of Gem of Ease, to make it faster for those who already have a max level character. This is rather pointless though - with leveling as fast as it is because of how experience per kill scales with bonus experience from higher difficulties. Hell, even one of the big news papers in my country had an article about it on their website. I used to gem myself to get from 1-70 last night within a couple of minutes and yeah it was surprisingly fast and I thought with some bonus xp gear it would be insane, but as I said giving this so much attention seems kinda pointless.

It is pointless since he got a cheesy cow event. Anyone can level fast with a gems and a super lucky cow event. It would take much longer to find a cow event than it would to just powerlevel the normal way anyway.

I've never even seen a cow event, so this is not an actual viable leveling method. With that said, a Torment 6 boost with Gem of Ease will get you 70 within 2-3 rift clears, less than 10mins.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It is pointless since he got a cheesy cow event. Anyone can level fast with a gems and a super lucky cow event. It would take much longer to find a cow event than it would to just powerlevel the normal way anyway.
    It's still fun, spoilsport.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I've never even seen a cow event, so this is not an actual viable leveling method. With that said, a Torment 6 boost with Gem of Ease will get you 70 within 2-3 rift clears, less than 10mins.
    OT: I think they've might of changed something along 2.2 patch. I've encountered the cow event/rift at least 4 times since, only in couple of weeks. Before 2.2 I saw it just once, during paragons from 1-700.
    Last edited by mmocc70537a917; 2015-05-12 at 07:53 PM.

Deleted
    I just started the game and obviously can't play adventure mode to get 1-70 in one minute, which is fine. But if I could I would be tempted because as a new player I face having to play the whole campaign without ever seeing another player, which is ridiculous for an mmo. Doesn't anyone else think this is a huge oversight? Frankly I'm amazed that there aren't enough new players that you can play for hours without anyone joining a public game in campaign mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrycoke9897 View Post
    I just started the game and obviously can't play adventure mode to get 1-70 in one minute, which is fine. But if I could I would be tempted because as a new player I face having to play the whole campaign without ever seeing another player, which is ridiculous for an mmo. Doesn't anyone else think this is a huge oversight? Frankly I'm amazed that there aren't enough new players that you can play for hours without anyone joining a public game in campaign mode.
    Diablo 3 is not an MMO. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Diablo 3 is not an MMO. Just saying.
    I'd say it counts as an MMO. 20 Mill copies sold (Massive), can play with others (Multiplayer), and needs to be online (Online).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspawn115 View Post
    I'd say it counts as an MMO. 20 Mill copies sold (Massive), can play with others (Multiplayer), and needs to be online (Online).
    The "Massively" in MMO refers to the amount of people you can personally play with at any one time. You know, like 200+ people fighting Eranikus in Moonglade. In Diablo 3 you can play with 3 other people. It's a dungeon crawler with multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The "Massively" in MMO refers to the amount of people you can personally play with at any one time. You know, like 200+ people fighting Eranikus in Moonglade. In Diablo 3 you can play with 3 other people. It's a dungeon crawler with multiplayer.
    It depends on your definition. Just because you can't play with all the people at once doesn't mean they aren't all there. You can still interact with them via chat.

Diablo has always been a pointless gambling addict's wet dream, but even THIS seems to make the game look like there's nothing to it. 70 in a minute, spend the rest of your natural born life pulling slot machine handles every time you kill a mob.

Deleted
    It may not be an mmo but it is a dungeon crawler with a strong focus on multiplayer. And mmo is a useful description given the global chat, global communities, all the theorycrafting common to mmos and the fact it has a forum on a site called 'mmo-champion'. If there was a forum on here for Sonic at the Olympics then that probably wouldn't be of significance, but as it is people seem to be treating it a lot like an mmo. At the point it had an auction house I think you would struggle to argue it wasn't an mmo.

Either way, for a game that is so focused on multiplayer, making it virtually impossible to play the campaign multiplayer seems unreasonable for new players and possibly detrimental to the popularity of the game. Its sold a lot of copies for sure, but if I read before buying that you have to play single player to max level before playing multiplayer I would be put off. I'm not bashing the game itself, I simply don't think it's a logical choice by those that develop and maintain the game.

Oh, you are one of those guys that say Battlefield is Real Time Strategy? (it requires (required) strategy and it is in real time)

It depends on your definition. Just because you can't play with all the people at once doesn't mean they aren't all there. You can still interact with them via chat.
    Eh... you rarely ever see anyone interact in chat. You can't trade with people. Even Diablo 2 isn't an "MMO" and it's more open than Diablo 3. It's like how people that are new to video games call The Legend of Zelda an RPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    definately not *mmo* by any means.

i would actually be interested in seeing some armory mining on how many players each season never complete any of the 2/3/4 player rift/grift achieves. i wouldnt be surprised if it was higher than 50%

Massively Multiplayer. MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online. Number of sales doesn't make it massively multiplayer in any sense. It is multiplayer game with 4 players. That's not massively multiplayer game under any definition.

Unified chat doesn't make it massively multiplayer. It's just providing a chat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Oh, you are one of those guys that say Battlefield is Real Time Strategy? (it requires (required) strategy and it is in real time)
    Goes in line with possibility of thinking that 3rd person shooters are FPS games as some people on these forums imply.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Dokaroth View Post
    OT: I think they've might of changed something along 2.2 patch. I've encountered the cow event/rift at least 4 times since, only in couple of weeks. Before 2.2 I saw it just once, during paragons from 1-700.
    I'm Paragon 560ish in S3 (2.2), not seen the Cow event once. Stopped playing a few weeks back though.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4