Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    In a very happy relationship, and happy with my friends (although most are online as I've moved far away from most of my irl friends), but job is killing me at the moment.

I am trying to do what I've wanted to do for the past 13 or 14 years, childhood dream, making games. I've made one - its not done very well, and trying to get a job in it is absolutely killing me. Considering giving up on it at this point, because I've been broke for the past 2 years. Can't get jobs because making my own videogame isn't good enough experience (you need triple A exp apparently) and I'm awful at self promotion and marketing so making my own game do well is difficult, its also incredibly niche.

Just gotta keep on grinding through it though, atleast the other aspects of my life are okay so that keeps me going. Not a very happy camper these days.

I work out, I eat healthy, I live with my girlfriend who does these things too and loves me, I have a good job that pays well, im really close with my family, and im the happiest ive ever been. Life is what you make of it, and its great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Thanks for the advice, while it sounds easy as such, trust me when I say it's not. I keep trying though. Not necessarily to be an Alpha, but at least to actually have it my way too, at least in some situations.
    Or just simply learn to be content with being a beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *hug*

MMO-champ is here for ya
    I would be careful with hugs around here. Some people are not so keen on being touched. It's weird.

I believe so, yes. I have no conflicts personally or professionally.

Married over 10 years. Fantastic, supportive and responsible husband. Great father. We haven't had a negative conversation since we bought our house like 6-7 years ago. My mental twin in many respects.

Adore my sisters. My closest friends. My oldest sister lives 2ish blocks from me. Our homes are one another's, her children are as precious to me as my son is to her and to me. My sisters and I are together all the time.

Dad is my idol. Everything I strive to be and believe in: family, duty, intellectual curiosity, authenticity.

Mom is awesome. Love her dearly. We talk daily. Distance is a maid issue, but we make it work.

I do the work that is interesting to me: research. I enjoy my coworkers, I have privacy and autonomy over my team. No conflicts, no stress.

My son is healthy and the best thing in my life yet. I'm eager to have note children.

I am not prone to stress, worry or lack of confidence. Though I tend toward being overly analytic, judgmental and somewhat unsympathetic.

No addictions, no health issues, eat healthy & exercise regularly. Good self esteem, not overly emotional (causal friends say I am slightly robotic/cold) and we are financially stable to the point that working is a merely an option for me. I can fully chose to not work at all and my husband can support my son and I for years to come currently.

I have no life problems whatsoever. I have a somewhat deterministic, objectivist and elitist POV on life but am socially liberal and abhor slavery philosophically.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-04-28 at 02:07 PM. Reason: typing from my phone, on a train. lol.

Deleted
    Relationships: I'm very introverted and a natural loner. I don't need to have relationships in my life in order to feel well and I don't want to keep daily or even weekly contact with my friends as that drains my energy fairly quickly leading to exhaustion, anxiety and so on. As such, keeping contact has never been my strong suit. Sometimes I don't pick up the phone for weeks or even months at a time. This usually leads to my friends feeling abandoned and forgotten, wondering if I don't care about them, which leads to drama, exactly what I don't want in my life. I've tried explaining to them what introversion is and how I function but it's like talking to a brick wall. The very same day as I explain it they start calling/texting me even more frequently as they are now worried that I'm depressed or that I'm giving up on life. I'm so tired of this shit, you have no idea, lol. You could say that I'm not in a good place when it comes to relationship.

Work: I'm not happy with my current situation or the one I was in previously. I need to find a job with minimal human contact and zero expectations. I absolutely hate pressure and I hate having expectations on me. I don't want to be the best in anything and I don't require copious amounts of money. I just want enough to survive and I want to be left alone. It's fucking impossible to find these kind of jobs in this economy though. This is the biggest pain in my life right now, merely thinking about it makes it feel like I have a knot in my stomach.

These are the two things in my life that I haven't figured out. I'm fine and happy otherwise.

People tell me I'm autistic. I tell them to shut their stupid faces.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland