Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    I like my wow like I likes muh shooters; I want a quick game not sit around waiting for a healer to sign in.
    This is the exact mentality that's been hurting MMO's for a while now. The infestation of the FPS/MOBA mindset has done so much harm to this genre that it sickens me. Fuck community and cooperation. I want mine and i want it now or i'll go play something else. Well you know what, i'd rather players go do that than consistently trying to turn this genre into something it was never meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ald View Post
    This is the exact mentality that's been hurting MMO's for a while now. The infestation of the FPS/MOBA mindset has done so much harm to this genre that it sickens me. Fuck community and cooperation. I want mine and i want it now or i'll go play something else. Well you know what, i'd rather players go do that than consistently trying to turn this genre into something it was never meant to be.
    I like the way you think. Sadly, as much as I'd love to play something like a modernized Ultima Online where the game was only what YOU and your friends made of it, a product like that would fail in the current marketplace. It's truly a shame, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Maybe because I do. Maybe because after doing that for 10 FUCKING YEARS I'd like WoW to be a bit.. faster? Less time staring at menus and more time punching things?
    Staring at menus like the 40-45 minutes it gets to get into LFR as dps? Wait, isn't that what we're trying to avoid?

Also PvP is as fast as you want it and it's in PvP that you can apply this mentality. In PvE where a whole clear last anywhere from 2-3 hours to never, you can never have it "fast".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    lots of people complained about how easy/hard bosses were between 10 and 25
    Not back when 25man was the main setting and 10 just a time filler for alts and people that where bored after a raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fur Play View Post
    25 man raiders were given a special club to join, called Mythic.
    Called 20man raiding.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

The class stacking problem in mythic raiding is actually bad. Things like three rogues on Blackhand are absolutely stupid.
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

Quote Originally Posted by Zinge View Post
    The class stacking problem in mythic raiding is actually bad. Things like three rogues on Blackhand are absolutely stupid.
    That's less of a raid size concern and more of a design flaw, though.

Maybe the answer is taking away our Feint in 6.3! Hey... wait...

Although I agree that this part of the Blackhand design wasn't properly thought out, it's only there where you see the class stacking become prevalent and I'm not sure it is anymore (ie you mainly see it in the WF race - as a frame of reference the 200th guild to kill him had just one rogue and two hunters in their setup).

Just get rid of mythic. Less than one percent of the playerbase makes any reasonable progress in it anyways. Its a stupid distraction. Serious mythic guilds should spend that extra time on taking a shower or doing their dishes or shaving their neck.

Infracted;
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2015-04-29 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyahamd View Post
    Yeah, it's fine for 0.1%. Have you seen the blackhand kills? rip raiding community.
    The whole idea of hard modes was to create content for the 0.1%. Thats the idea of a boss like mythic blackhand it is not meant to be killed by 20%+ of raiders

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    The whole idea of hard modes was to create content for the 0.1%. Thats the idea of a boss like mythic blackhand it is not meant to be killed by 20%+ of raiders
    Pretty much this.

Everyone thinks they deserve to kill mythic blackhand. For whatever reason I can't fathom, but they do.

That was only really the case back when guilds like method were doing it. Gear now is vastly better with raid teams easily having there worst gear player on par with with methods best when they killed these bosses. Check for example Ghost Sense a guild that killed it 13 hours ago. They ran a single rouge for the first kill

It's less about feeling entitled to kill Mythic Blackhand and more about feeling entitled to a secure raid environment. I'm onto my second guild in 4 months after being with my original one for four years. To me that feels wrong. Guilds that were 25 man have probably adapted much easier than the 10 mans I was a part of in MoP. In this instance, Flex Mythic is not a bad idea. Infact it makes perfect sence. The trouble is it goes against everything Blizz has highlighted in terms of balance and tuning.

Despite being a fairly average raid BRF has been very well tuned imo. Sure, class stacking exists, but unless we all become Potato spec that will always happen. Game mechanics y0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Those poor poor .1%. What would they do if the developers didn't cater an entire raid mode (and design every other raid mode from mythic down) to them?

Maybe add another tier in for raiders above Mythic called Heroic Mythic?

One below as well just to be safe: Mythic Heroic.

You can't please everyone - I think the current set up caters to the widest audience.

Mythic isn't designed for high level participation though. That's why both Normal and Heroic exist. As long as Blizzard is ok with supporting that high end raiding community by providing Mythic as an option, there's no reason to make it flexible. It's not intended for that kind of group.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Those poor poor .1%. What would they do if the developers didn't cater an entire raid mode (and design every other raid mode from mythic down) to them?
    I'll admit I don't have the source, but IIRC one of the devs said they design Heroic first and then tune up and down for the other modes.
    Last edited by ZakAtack; 2015-04-28 at 04:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenetic View Post
    Maybe add another tier in for raiders above Mythic called Heroic Mythic?

One below as well just to be safe: Mythic Heroic.

You can't please everyone - I think the current set up caters to the widest audience.
    And while we are at it why not make Normal Heroic for those that finished Normal but cant kill all the bosses in Heroic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZakAtack View Post
    I'll admit I don't have the source, but IIRC one of the devs said they design Heroic first and then tune up and down for the other modes.
    its true, Ion said it in a youtube interview, thats why i dont get why people are shitting on mythic taking so much time from the dev instead of creating other content.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    And while we are at it why not make Normal Heroic for those that finished Normal but cant kill all the bosses in Heroic.
    And Easy Normal, for those who don't cut it in Normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    The answer is no. The system is fine now as it is.
    This.

10m was casual crap for too long, it is good that it is gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I wonder how many mythic bosses people like OP have downed, since they have this vast insight into what needs to happen to make mythic raiding better.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    And Easy Normal, for those who don't cut it in Normal.
    Isnt that what LFR is right now?