Page 1 of 22
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Progression starting to grind to a halt

Looking at my server many many guilds are progressing slowly or not progressing at all. Quite a few seem to not even be raiding anymore.
    For example 16 guilds stuck on Archimonde heroic and from the looks of things progression is going very slow there.

It's going to be really ugly as this raid tier continues to drag on.

So you're saying it's Blizzard's fault that those guilds are bad?

Yes it's that time in the tier, people are quitting and guilds disbanding or taking a break. Happens every time when the influx of people who returned for a new patch quits (and then some more).

But I don't understand why you and many others are talking about the tier dragging on, it's been what less than three months? My guild is heavily midprogress and if there was a new tier coming soon would start to feel pretty stressed out. Come back in February, then we can talk about the tier dragging on but from here to Christmas it's all fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Looking at my server many many guilds are progressing slowly or not progressing at all. Quite a few seem to not even be raiding anymore.
    For example 16 guilds stuck on Archimonde heroic and from the looks of things progression is going very slow there.

It's going to be really ugly as this raid tier continues to drag on.
    nothing surprising with this - its a perfect time to take a break from game so no surprising that guidls are struggling to keep up rosters also hc archi is a bitch to progress for those who arent really cuting edge material or arent 720 itlv by the time they get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    heroic
    Err what ?
    Anyways yeah well even on that difficulty hard boss is hard and heroic guilds are done.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2015-09-22 at 10:09 AM.

Deleted
    stuck on Archimonde heroic
    Nice bait.

Quote Originally Posted by tefloner View Post
    Nice bait.
    doubt its a bait - if you have toons on high pop server you should see plenty of social/weaker guilds which are anywhere between 7-12 hc spaming for raiders.
    and hc archi is a very hard fight in group not consisting of mythic raiders. dps req alone are extremly strickt for guilds where majority parses below 50th percentiles.

my alt pugged archimonde heroic.

so you're saying there's 16 guilds worse than pugs, true pugs i know none of those people all from different realms, you can often find 10 or more archimonde heroic pugs up in premade group finder.

they're either super bad or super casual because archimonde is pug material.

yeah some ppl cant even do arch normal

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not all servers are as hardcore as the high population servers. For example: Greymane-Tanaris sits at

Depotism (11/13M), Solution (10/13M), All the Single Ladies (5/13M), The Unnamed (3/13M), Eight-Six (1/13M), and only Slainte at (13/13H). The rest of the server is 12 or less Heroic.

I know The Unnamed issue is we have about 22-24 active raiders on the roster and getting them to all show up all three nights is near impossible. At this point, so much apathy has set in our last week looked like: Tues 1-3M, Wed: Manni and Archi heroic in about 1 hour and done. Thursday: 17 people online... call it for evening.

Pretty much 4 hours of raiding last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

so you're saying there's 16 guilds worse than pugs, true pugs i know none of those people all from different realms, you can often find 10 or more archimonde heroic pugs up in premade group finder.

Link the log

Heroic archimonde is easy is you bring 20 super mythic geared people and carry 10 normal geared people. So let's see the logs. If also like to see if someone who acts like you can actually put up numbers or is just full of trash

I've never done PUG HFC but I suspect many of them are semi guild runs and not so many are 20+ complete randoms turning up on TS.

Archimonde does get easier with numbers and getting to 30 people in a PUG is considerably easier than a much lower player guild run.

10+ Year Old Account

Why is that surprising?
    The guild I used to be in is one of them. I actually quit that guild and got both my alt and my main Blackhand heroic kills way before they killed it through pugging the kills myself.
    Last edited by Tennis; 2015-09-22 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    It's Blizzard fault if they design an expansion with an incorrect model of what their customers actually are.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Guilds are struggling and falling apart. Yes it's Blizz's fault. A lot of these guilds have more or less all the gear they can get and are bleeding members due to burnout.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Link the log

Heroic archimonde is easy is you bring 20 super mythic geared people and carry 10 normal geared people. So let's see the logs. If also like to see if someone who acts like you can actually put up numbers or is just full of trash
    who the fuck logs pug raids? why would i log that hahaha.

who the fuck logs pug raids? why would i log that hahaha.
    People log everything, good job outing yourself as a dishonest mediocre casual

People log everything, good job outing yourself as a dishonest mediocre casual
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lhealer/simple

enjoy, i'm ingame now if you want extra proof.

It's Blizzard's fault their game is so bad people don't even care. It's possible also the casual playstyle they continue to nuture is beginning to bite them in the ass when you have people playing through LFR and feeling like they completed the game.

Link the log

I pug it every week on my characters. We only do one main kill of HC archi, yet my alts have ring upgrades. It's magic. Maybe the issue is you, not the pugs ?