Deleted

Graphics Card *and* PSU upgrade

Hi all, help needed!

My PC isn't a massive mover/shaker hardware wise, but the time has come to upgrade my graphics card. Am currently running a NVDIA GeForce GT 220 w/ 1GB RAM. I've just bought WWE 2K15 which has a minimum req NVIDIA GeForce GTX 450 and a recommend req of a nVidia GeForce GTX 570, but am unsure as to which direction to go in. Budget is, well, as cheap as possible!

I'd prefer to buy from eBuyer.com (am based in the UK)

Help me MMO-Champ, you're my only hope

edit : I know I now need a new PSU! Help!
    Last edited by mmoc685ab3a02e; 2015-04-30 at 05:09 PM.

Without knowing the specs on the rest of the computer, its hard to recommend a GPU. Any recommendation may not meet your PSU, or be overkill for the CPU you have, etc.

Deleted
    Apologies for the delay!
    Processor is AMD A10-6800K, 16GB onboard RAM, 250watt PSU I think (FSP250-60HCN)

Pretty much any GPU upgrade is also going to require a PSU upgrade. 250W wont power much of anything.

Deleted
    Darn, thought you'd say that - any ideas what is good PSU wise? Not bought one for years! Motherboard is MSI FM2-A55M-E33, again any help appreciated - if poss from eBuyer.com!

Might as well buy a completely new decent priced computer. Putting a new engine in a rusty car usually doesn't end well. New parts often only work with other new parts, if you have one new part and many old you're probably going to bottleneck like crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Might as well buy a completely new decent priced computer. Putting a new engine in a rusty car usually doesn't end well. New parts often only work with other new parts, if you have one new part and many old you're probably going to bottleneck like crazy.
    Wish buying a new PC was an option!