Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Criminals, Assassins and Justice

Helllo my fellow champions!

I've been robbed last week. 3 Scumbags vs 1. They used a knife to threaten me, and robbed my cellphone with all my things inside it.

That made me think:
    What is your opinion on criminals, assassins, crazy people, etc?

What kind of punishment do these "people" deserve? What kind of justice?

I'm just curious.

See ya soon! And please, keep it civil.

7+ Year Old Account
    prison for some time

Deleted
    I am sorry to hear you got mugged. They should do prison time of course.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't give in to their demands. People are very unlikely to shoot you, even more to stab you or slice you. Next time you get held up, don't give them anything. Don't be a victim

We need a return of assassins to get rid of politicians cause they rarely pay for their crimes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Momentanius View Post
    The one that's specified in the criminal codes.
    Whichever country you belong to, that law applies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Don't give in to their demands. People are very unlikely to shoot you, even more to stab you or slice you. Next time you get held up, don't give them anything. Don't be a victim
    Exactly, just be that dead body in the side alley.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Anarchist View Post
    Most people condone criminals as long as they support the illusion of their cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryctos View Post
    We need a return of assassins to get rid of politicians cause they rarely pay for their crimes...
    And then these 2 join the thread. should be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Justice is not yours to unilaterally dispense as you see fit.

I mean hell. Think of the people that robbed you. They were probably poor. Probably didn't have many opportunities in their life. Perhaps they saw you, rolling around, and assumed you were more affluent than them. Therefore, they assumed it was just for the poor to steal from the rich. They aren't going to lose sleep over robbing you, because they feel what they did was right. That it was justice, served against the rich who have trampled them down all their lives. To them, you're just a lucky, rich punk. Who cares, then, if you get taken down a peg? Even if you aren't particularly rich or affluent, they just assumed that was the case. And based on their assumptions, they acted.

Suffice to say, what constitutes "justice," especially when it comes to killing people, is not something to be left up to every individual. Then you just have bloody chaos. And you'll find that "assassins" aren't the "Brotherhood of honorable rogues" that operate on some V for Vendetta moral code. They're mercenaries. Meaning whoever pays them the most buys their "morals."

The entire reason human beings constructed formal laws thousands of years ago was to stop things like vendettas and blood feuds.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2015-04-28 at 07:44 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Momentanius View Post
    Helllo my fellow champions!

I've been robbed last week. 3 Scumbags vs 1. They used a knife to threaten me, and robbed my cellphone with all my things inside it.

That made me think:
    What is your opinion on criminals, assassins, crazy people, etc?

I'm just curious.

See ya soon! And please, keep it civil.
    Pleased you got out of it ok.

I'd probably want their entrails ripped out if i were you.

That said, the prison model I think can work. If there is any sign of any of them wanting to reform they should be allowed to do so and given assistance if they want to educate themselves or do something useful. If they don't throw away the key.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post

15+ Year Old Account
    Hard question tbh. I'd like whatever is the best way to stop recidivism, while also being a personal punishment to the perpetrators. Now, what is the best way to stop recidivism? We don't really know.. What we're doing in the north seems to be working well, but then we also have low crime in general and excellent social support, so it's impossible to say how much of an effect the prison/justice system has on it's own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryctos View Post
    Wouldn't the politicians just hire their own assassins?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.