Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Do you watch E-sports?

Hi guys, if there is anyone out there who watches any type of E-sports and could fill out this survey for me please. It is for a piece of work I am doing and will take literally 5mintues if that. I am looking for a wide variety of people to fill out my survey from all continents, male and female, so please go ahead!

EDIT: Survey is complete but feel free to post any comments in the thread

Thanks all in advance!
    Last edited by Loganess; 2015-05-01 at 12:56 AM. Reason: eeeeeee e e ee ee e e

Watching e-sports is like watching golf. Yeah it may be the only thing on, but it doesn't make me want to eat glass any less.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Great, I like your opinion, would be swell if that data went into my research!

No. I watch some youtubers, but since they are all shit at playing games (in general) and it's mostly for the comedy, banter and the shitty RP (which I'm a sucker for), im definitely not the type for eSports. Competitive gaming is not on my radar at all, neither are athletic or motor sports though.

Quote Originally Posted by Loganess View Post
    Hi guys, if there is anyone out there who watches any type of E-sports and could fill out this survey for me please. It is for a piece of work I am doing and will take literally 5mintues if that. I am looking for a wide variety of people to fill out my survey from all continents, male and female, so please go ahead!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9TSG2H3

Thanks all in advance!
    No I don't. Its a number of things. One how do they determine who gets to go to theses things. Almost seems like they just pick their friends. Commentators seem like rank amateurs and are horrible.

Couldn't finish the survey Question 8 has no answer I can give.

Took the survey.

Not looking to level criticism against it; but struck me that the list of "online games" had a distinctly RPG/MOBA theme, were we suposed to include RTS, FPS or other genres if we play them online?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a younger brother I'm well over watching other people play video game. So fuck your E-sports and fuck your Luigi

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    No I don't. Its a number of things. One how do they determine who gets to go to theses things. Almost seems like they just pick their friends. Commentators seem like rank amateurs and are horrible.

Couldn't finish the survey Question 8 has no answer I can give.
    i can't speak for every esport scene but league has a very structured scene, it's not "almost like they pick their friends"

Watching e-sports is the worst. Aside from the fact that people insist on calling it a sport...which it's not.

Why watch people play when I could play. This is exactly why I don't watch football, I play football with the community team.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I do watch and I filled out your survey for you.

The League of Legends eSports scene has been great IMO for advancing what eSports can be. And it's not super obscure/gated like some games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just FYI OP, question 8 doesn't have the ability to say no
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    The League of Legends eSports scene has been great IMO for advancing what eSports can be. And it's not super obscure/gated like some games.
    I like the comment in the League honest trailer about it being the video game that "...took esports out of Asia and into the mainstream.... then straight back to Asia..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Watching e-sports is the worst. Aside from the fact that people insist on calling it a sport...which it's not.

Why watch people play when I could play. This is exactly why I don't watch football, I play football with the community team.
    I have 2 screens. I can do both at the same time. Just like I can watch anything on tv and play at the same time. Technology is neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bags- View Post
    i can't speak for every esport scene but league has a very structured scene, it's not "almost like they pick their friends"
    He's probably talking about Hearthstone. shots fired

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Filled it out...

And yeah, I do watch some of the LoL LCS games every now and then, especially during the Worlds.
    I find the way the pro's play the game as a team interesting and some of the plays they make on an invidual level make for good entertainment most of the time as well.

And I guess you can pick up a trick or two to improve your own game... Though most of the stuff you see in the LCS is not really applicable in solo-que :P

10+ Year Old Account
    No and even calling it e sport insult
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No and even calling it e sport insult
    To what, chess?

I really appreciate all the great feedback here and for everyone filling out the survey so keep it coming. As for question 8 I believe I have amended it now, there is an option to say no. As for criticism on the survey, it is only a free version of survey monkey and so there is limited you can do! This work is also part of my studies so don't expect it to be perfect.

Anyway thanks again all!

10+ Year Old Account
    i watch herpstone tourneys every now and then

I filled out the survey, some feedback on it:

Avoid answers like your "All the time, it's my favourite hobby" as an answer to do you watch e-sports? Pick neutral answers such as. No, never./A couple of times a year/Couple of times per month/every week. I watch competitive league on a weekly basis, but it sure as hell isn't my favourite hobby so I won't check that box. You just got an untrue answer because how the question was asked and the answers I am able to choose from. There were a couple of questions that had this problem.