Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BM and Mythic Beastlord

Right now I'm 684 BM and I'm very low on the chart for this fight and I'm asking if anyone has logs as BM from progression, kills or wipes. I know SV would be better for the fight because of all the AoE but I stay BM. I'm usually very low, well lower than I feel I should be.

I usually pop everything on the pull, pre pot etc
    I stay on the 1st beast and Tranq shot (I have glyph so no focus is lost)
    -at this point I'm trying to save Explosive Trap for Pack Beasts and if possible stagger my Barrage for them as well (if its within a few seconds or so)
    I'm switching targets pretty fast when Beastlord mounts
    by the time Dreadwing is mounted my Stampede is coming up, but I'm pretty sure I don't have time to use it AND have it for final phase dps burn. So I save it.
    I'm not in the habit of getting speared, I'm usually one of the last ones alive on wipes.

When Beastlord jumps to Rend and Tear, I notice my pet is chasing him, losing dps
    I try to spam Multi-shot when Pack Beast are out and try to have either Exlposive Trap or Barrage up
    I tend to stand on existing Spears so if I get targeted I can drop mine on top of one, then I stand behind it so my Barrage also hits the spears
    But other than that I actively ignore spears unless someone gets trapped or DPS is called to help on them before Faultline comes out.

-in short plaes halp, whats an average dps done for this fight for BM?
    Last edited by Damasscus; 2015-04-29 at 02:16 PM.

Barrage should be up for every one of the packs. I know it's on a 20s CD and the packs come every 30. Just hold it, imo - we had our hunters MD-barraging every pack. My opinion is that 16 barrages that all hit so many targets > 8 which hit pack beasts, and 16 which hit only one (maybe 2) target(s) (as you get 1 of 3 barrages on a multiple of 30s, IE 0s, 60s, etc).

For BM, this fight really depends on how well/how quickly your raid gets the pack beasts on top of the boss. More importantly, your pet is a derp and will be like right under the tail of the boss animal, while pack beasts are usually brought to its side or something similar. On the big animals, like the elephant and rylak and Faultline, this will probably mean your beast cleave *NEVER* hits the pack beasts. This means you either have to convince your raid to do something different with pack beasts and where they're tanked, or you have to move your pet manually while beast cleaving off the boss, which is a huge pain in the ass. The easiest solution would be to beast cleave off the adds if they get close enough, so you know your pet is in the right position. Again, though, this is DPS scumbagging, it's not necessary if they're already dying in a timely fashion. If you need more boss DPS, don't worry about beast cleaving adds.

The pet will follow for rend and tear, regardless. Don't worry about it. With Adaption, your pet should be super fast anyways, and KC is an automatic port every 6s.

We're pretty consistantly getting into the phase after Faultline dies, and I'm at like 39-40k but everyone else is at like 45k+
    My single target damage to Beastlord is like 3-4 million compared to our Feral who is at like 7 million damage done...unless hes peeling when the boss jumps off...but I doubt it, I'll ask him. And on fights like Gruul I'm pretty sure I can keep up with our Feral, so why the big difference?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    do NOT spam multi shot as BM, ever

edit: You also do not need to hit the adds with your multi shot in order for them to be beast cleaved. You just have to use the ability in order for your pet to hit anything within its range. You could make yourself a WA string to help with displaying its uptime better.

also: it helps if you show us your logs, a link to your armory, talent choices for the fight
    Last edited by Sazda; 2015-04-29 at 06:44 PM.

I know, I totally tried to find my logs but our guy who post logs is lazy uploading so I have to find a way to get my hands on them. Then I'll post for sure. Here's my armory link (I switch to Steady Focus for the fight usually)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/character/t...her/Damasscus/

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why do you not use a better trinket than CMA?

I suggest running your own logs (live) when raiding. It is easy to do and you are always able to evaluate your own performance.

Sazda....you're cold blooded bro....you cut me deep...REAL deep

I have no other trinket (I just started playing again about 2 months ago after over a year)

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damasscus View Post
    Sazda....you're cold blooded bro....you cut me deep...REAL deep

I have no other trinket (I just started playing again about 2 months ago after over a year)
    You can always buy a better trinket. Must have gotten pretty unlucky with all your normal & heroic kromog kills, eh? ;-)

First of all, pack beasts aren't important.
    If you want to pad on them-
    Save barrage for every pack beast spawn, and MD it when you can.
    Don't explosive trap.
    Ask tanks to tank boss where the pack beasts come out,
    Pool focus when pack beasts are coming, send pet to attack one ASAP and multi-barrage-multi
    Make liberal use of master's call to move your pet around when needed.

Realize that for progression on this fight it's 110% about that final burn. Save your stampede, 5 stacks of rapid fire, potion and do double the next closest DPS. Ignore the pack beasts except for MD/barrage or if they get into melee range. Even if you do literally 0 pack beast damage the whole fight outside MD barrage, it's best to play BM for this fight, simply for the insane single target burn dps.
    Last edited by mediic; 2015-04-30 at 06:41 AM.

i added a /petattack to my multishot macro along with a dash, i usually wait until they are grouped if i didnt md and multi barrage multi if posible. they would die after that.

as most ppl said, you either scumbag dps if you want to look cool or do what you need to do in order to kill boss.

Deleted
    40k dps with your ilvl is fine really. As others said, save Barrage for Pack Beast (no point to B.cleave them unless your raid comp has really weak AoE) and 5stacks stampede for last phase. You'll most likely be behind 'till that stampede.

I'm not sure why your feral has twice your damage on boss. What about his damage on mounts? 3-4m before last phase is normal. You should do another 4-5m during burn phase.

If this is progression you will likely get 3 stamps in. Just look at lots if you have a 10:40 or longer fight use the second on cd.

Expl trap is a wasted gcd unless nothing better could have been done with that Gcd. You could easily get some good cleave in if you put a pet attack in multi shot and target a pack beast, then barrage. Only really need one good beast leave 2 if your raid is slow on adds.

Feral is all single target and using stampede properly is essential to your single target burst.

Everything else has been said. Never multi more than once. Kc is more important than trying to cleave the last few hps of adds.

Rememeber that kc has a mini charge so spam it with your pet attack macro in it for fast movement.

Pack beast's aren't skumbag unless you are wasting damage. They still need to die, barrage is going to hit the boss regardless the only thing you may be doing is cleaving for 4 seconds instead of a KC. My damage on priority targets never suffers from planning quick aoe burst phases. I don't have to go AOE talents or glyphs to skumbag dps as people are so fond of saying.

And if this is progression, being overrun by the adds in the final phase is very possible and will cause a wipe... so handling them properly the entire fight should push back the time when they have to be ignore or controlled > killed.
    Last edited by xquizite; 2015-04-30 at 02:17 PM.

Hey Damasscus,

I ended up with 52k dps on that fight. Here's a video of my kill so you can see what I did. (there's also the spec I play on the bottom right). Also here are my logs for that night. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=23

To anyone else in this thread if you see ways for myself to improve I'd very much appreciate your feedback. Also I know I got pinned right at the end there :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Judgementally View Post
    To anyone else in this thread if you see ways for myself to improve I'd very much appreciate your feedback. Also I know I got pinned right at the end there :'(
    Theres a few things i notice from a cursory glance. First of all make sure your KC on CD. Frequently through that you delayed it and a 1-2 sec delay on each kill command is a significant loss in BW uptime. You also seemed to be heavily focused on the adds, in my experience the adds will die, theres no question of that so maximizing single target dps on boss is your priority. I tend to focus on doing as much single target while holding Barrage if its call of the pack has <10 seconds on cd and when pack beasts come out simply md Barrage, and if I have the focus throw a few multis to get a couple ticks of Beast Cleave. Also try to be more active with BW usage, when I get 4 piece procs I immediately steady 2ce and pop BW this makes sure you do not waste potential BW resets. Also I couldn't see where your MD button is but MD is a godsend on that fight, in my guild the hunters are the most crucial part of getting kills because as tanks enter faultline they will no longer be able to pick up adds so 2 hunters md to tanks. Im really jealous of your lock only doing 50k on that fight, so much more padding to be had

I think I have logs for the fight now, I'll post after I get off work today

Quote Originally Posted by deatzh View Post
    Theres a few things i notice from a cursory glance. First of all make sure your KC on CD. Frequently through that you delayed it and a 1-2 sec delay on each kill command is a significant loss in BW uptime. You also seemed to be heavily focused on the adds, in my experience the adds will die, theres no question of that so maximizing single target dps on boss is your priority. I tend to focus on doing as much single target while holding Barrage if its call of the pack has <10 seconds on cd and when pack beasts come out simply md Barrage, and if I have the focus throw a few multis to get a couple ticks of Beast Cleave. Also try to be more active with BW usage, when I get 4 piece procs I immediately steady 2ce and pop BW this makes sure you do not waste potential BW resets. Also I couldn't see where your MD button is but MD is a godsend on that fight, in my guild the hunters are the most crucial part of getting kills because as tanks enter faultline they will no longer be able to pick up adds so 2 hunters md to tanks. Im really jealous of your lock only doing 50k on that fight, so much more padding to be had
    Thanks Deatzh!

For our kill we had hunters do most of the add damage while everyone else focused on single target or the spears. I didn't think I was delaying my KC that often, but in the heat of the fight I can see me possibly worrying about mechanics and not hit that KC as soon as I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgementally View Post
    Hey Damasscus,

I ended up with 52k dps on that fight. Here's a video of my kill so you can see what I did. (there's also the spec I play on the bottom right). Also here are my logs for that night. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=23

You are spamming double Multi's back to back as BM, that's a total waste of Focus since Beast Cleave duration doesn't get extended, it gets reset with each Multi. The amount of Focus spent for 1 pack of adds could be drastically reduced if you spread your Multi over 2 Steady shots (just about enough time to ensure Beast Cleave never falls off).

@Damasscus

A proper DPS spread for a Hunter doing MD + Barrage to tanks + a bit of Beast Cleave should look like this : 58k DPS

That last spike is Stampede with Lust. Save your 2nd Stampede. If you ever cross the 10 minute mark by much, chances are your raid will be far too dead for the 3rd Stampede to really matter. If you want the absolute largest DPS number, go SV for this fight.
    Last edited by Samfisher; 2015-05-08 at 05:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

Deleted
    Its easy my friend
    Your task as BM is to focus on Single target boss and mounts with cleave pack of beast`s and everything else in your pet cleave range
    The trick is do your isual ST yada yada yada and when adds shows position itself in such way that to hit much possible targets with barrage.Once barrage is end just wait adds to come to boss and then use beastcleave
    Dont be afraid to use beastcleave when boss and mount both are up too
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2015-05-08 at 06:58 AM.

This fight is all about boss damage people are most likely scumbagging adds

Quote Originally Posted by lunaru View Post
    This fight is all about boss damage people are most likely scumbagging adds
    I agree that this most likely whats preventing your guild from a kill.