Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Least favorite? Math or Art.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    English Lit mainly because of the exam method you had to prepare for: regurgitating memorised notes about 4 crappy poems and dumping them onto an exam paper as fast as you can in 45 mins, before starting on the 'Of Mice and Men' shite for another half hour.

Was forced to take French for a year because apparently those in the highest set for German obviously needed to start another language whether they wanted to or not. Just learning "Hello", "Goodbye" and "I surrender" would have been enough to get by.

P.E. was annoying for the first few years, but because I chose the JSLA option instead of GCSE in Year 10, it got better since we would just piss around and do what we liked (within reason) for the hour instead of anything regulated, which I didn't give a damn about.

10+ Year Old Account
    any language course

learning a language is difficult for many and it was a part of your GPA so if you sucked at a language it would fuck up ur GPA.

Gotta love the report card going
    A
    A
    B+
    A
    c- (spanish)

10+ Year Old Account
    English by far, reading books that were incredibly boring was the worst. I remember in the last year we had to read Angelas Ashes and I wrote the essay about it entirely from notes I'd taken in class while we studied various aspects of it because it was so boring I really could not read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Physics. I loved the concepts of explaining how the physical world works, but I could never remember all the equations.
    "I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." ~Kurt Vonnegut.

Science, specifically Physics.

Edit:
    It dawns on me I should elaborate though, I love Physics. My teacher in high school for physics was also the gym teacher. It was a weird experience and it was obviously a case of material guiding the lesson. I learned more from Nova on PBS then I did my Physics classes. College Physics was awesome though.
    Last edited by chaotus; 2015-04-30 at 12:42 PM.

I actually liked English because I always got like 90-95%+ correct on the exams, Swedish wasn't as fun though... I'd say psychology was one of the worst, it wasn't hard but god it was boring. And things like Entrepreneurship trying to force creatives ideas... Religion surprisingly enjoyable, at least with a secular objective teacher.

As someone else mentioned I too suffer from "writer's block" and really like to express myself briefly. Feels good to get better grades than your classmates on English exams when you write half as much...
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2015-04-30 at 12:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Dutch. I never thought it was usefull. The only thing you did for 6 years was learning how to write summaries and stuff like that. Extremely boring. Besides, I think the grammar rules the Dutch language has are completely bullshit. For example:
    - There are occasions where it matters whether there are 1 or more than one of the in the world. For example: Zonnestraal or Zonnestraal? (Sunray). It's Zonnestraal without the N because there is only 1 sun in the world. For things where there are more than 1 of in the world it is with the N in the middle. Such a rule is completely bullshit to me.
    - Also, it is nearly impossible for foreigners to learn which article should be used. While in English you only have "the", in Dutch you have "de" and "het". There are no rules about which one to use yet every word only has 1 possibility. If you ask a Dutch person how to know which one to use, the only possible answer we can give is "the one that sounds right".

Terrible language..
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Geometry... funny thing is when I took it I thought to myself *ill never use this crap* and I use it everyday...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Geometry... funny thing is when I took it I thought to myself *ill never use this crap* and I use it everyday...
    Fuck that. We had geometrical drawing for one or two years during main school - all we did was basically draw somewhat complex geometrical figures and determine their perimeter etc.
    "Normal" geometry? Included in Mathematics.

Craft, geometrical drawing etc. - all tedious stuff that I would have rather replaced with a third foreign language or the like.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2015-04-30 at 01:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Accounting

Ugh these two hours per week were the horror.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    French
    /10 char

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My native language course of Bengali without a doubt. Most tedious lessons ever. Thankfully that subject had some of the best teachers, so it wasn't as boring as it could have been.

Deleted
    Biology and Religion.

Math by far was forever my most hated class... I was one of those students which math never clicked for me.

I spent many of my lunch periods in high school going to a tutor, just to be able to do my homework. I barely eeked by with a 67 average (65 is minimum) in 10th grade, and in 11th grade I failed miserably. I ended up having to take the same math class in senior year. Once again, going to a tutor, I barely passed the class with a 72, and allowing me to graduate highschool.

Man, it was stressing...Only to have to take Math class about 3 years later in college, and it was THE SAME CLASS! lol, Nightmares.

Religious Education, hated it every moment of it. I was glad I could drop it by year 9 in England. Once I got to year 10 and 11 that was it no more RE. I was so happy to no longer have that BS class anymore.

On the flip side Science/History to fav lessons. I was fine with Maths it was more a means to an end than fun though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also feel that at least in the U.S they teach language the wrong way. Honestly the teachers all suck IMO unless they are a non native speaker since they are teaching you how they learned and can understand the specific difficulties

I mean sure English has a lot of dumb grammar rules, but if you go to the U.S or U.K I am sure not many will care about what you can write and may be accepting of a few missteps as long as you are understandable. There is also their, they're and their, be and bee and a few others, but English is a language that's easy to learn and difficult to master. Now compare that to other languages that go balls out with rules in speaking patterns, don't even get me started on Vietnamese or Chinese.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade
    wrotten? I think we found your problem.
    I don't know what's worse: you either ignored that it could have been a typo, or you don't know that - in Brazil - literature classes are not about books written in english.

Good job making fun of me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Dutch. I never thought it was usefull. The only thing you did for 6 years was learning how to write summaries and stuff like that. Extremely boring. Besides, I think the grammar rules the Dutch language has are completely bullshit. For example:
    - There are occasions where it matters whether there are 1 or more than one of the in the world. For example: Zonnestraal or Zonnestraal? (Sunray). It's Zonnestraal without the N because there is only 1 sun in the world. For things where there are more than 1 of in the world it is with the N in the middle. Such a rule is completely bullshit to me.
    - Also, it is nearly impossible for foreigners to learn which article should be used. While in English you only have "the", in Dutch you have "de" and "het". There are no rules about which one to use yet every word only has 1 possibility. If you ask a Dutch person how to know which one to use, the only possible answer we can give is "the one that sounds right".

Terrible language..
    2 articles? Ha! Amateurs...

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Math, pretty sure most people hate it. Nothing fun about it at all.